Stanley Cup Finals: (WC2) Florida Panthers vs (P1) Vegas Golden Knights | VGK Lead 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Well, who's more of a chickenshit? The dude that does something or the other dude that doesn't have the balls to respond?

Are you old enough to remember Boston-Vancouver finals? Marchand punching one of the Sedins over and over and no call. It happens every playoffs.
It takes more balls to not respond than to get baited into stupidity.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I mean I personally will never understand the appeal of reddit..... it seems like a down grade on a forum in almost every way.
I agree with you but I think what it is is that if you're already a reddit user, you have access to any discussion community you subscribe to so it's a lot easier to organize your off topic online discussions and jump into a GDT at game time. Yeah we have sections on HF for other topics but that's not going to be obvious to someone who stops by to check the site out.

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
yea u r right. FLA never drops the glove. They just act tough behind the ref.
And TOR drops the gloves?

What's your point?

Your anti FLA posts are as tired as FLA is after grinding their way to the SCF. You are in every GDT tooting against them. FLA is in the SCF like it or not. That's more than TOR can say since 1967. It must give you great joy to come here and accuse them of being dirty cheaters. Sounds like your are a sore loser and you think the only way your team could lose is if it wasn't deserved.

Hope the new GM can get you over the hump. The only difference between you and I is I will congratulate TOR if they manage to do it one day.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Cassidy is an awesome coach and awesome coaches get stale at some point. If that wasn't the case the NHL would be like college sports where the great coaches stay in the same program for decades. I'm super happy for Cassidy. Just annoyed that the Panthers horseshoe up their ass didn't wear off sooner because, win or lose, I think Boston and Vegas would have been an awesome series on and off the ice.
the other/main difference with college coaches is player turnover

they always have new bodies coming in, so even if a coach has been there 30 years it's still "fresh"

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
god no. He did not even play the first series. Its gonna be Stone or Marchessault. Hill winning would be as bad as Brodeur not winning in 03
Fair enough. I think Hill has played very well and is right there in the running

Cassidy is an awesome coach and awesome coaches get stale at some point. If that wasn't the case the NHL would be like college sports where the great coaches stay in the same program for decades. I'm super happy for Cassidy. Just annoyed that the Panthers horseshoe up their ass didn't wear off sooner because, win or lose, I think Boston and Vegas would have been an awesome series on and off the ice.
let's summarize using the key words

Boston lose. Cassidy win

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Hockey is the greatest sport on earth for exactly this reason. A team who by all accounts is not very good, a non playoff team until they have one of the best months of any team this year and somehow through sheer luck are handed a playoff spot when another playoff team fails to defeat the last place team in the last game of the season.

They go on to look like one of the best teams of all time through the rest of the month beating 3 elite teams and making them look silly. And then all of a sudden, the magic dries up and they look mediocre and like the non playoff team they are.

And the fact that players can be literally dogshit for a stretch and then play like top athletes in the world the next makes this game anything but predictable. A thoroughly entertaining playoff run IMO. Adam Hill right now a great example.

Congrats Vegas fans. I hate you guys for already winning like 5 years into existence.

Last edited:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Hockey is the greatest sport on earth for exactly this reason. A team who by all accounts is not very good, a non playoff team until they have one of the best months of any team this year and somehow through sheer luck are handed a playoff spot when another playoff team fails to defeat the last place team in the last game of the season.

They go on to look like one of the best teams of all time through the rest of the month beating 3 elite teams and making them look silly. And then all of a sudden, the magic dries up and they look mediocre and like the non playoff team they are.

And the fact that players can be literally dogshit for a stretch and then play like top athletes in the world the next makes this game anything but predictable. A thoroughly entertaining playoff run IMO.

Congrats Vegas fans. I hate you guys for already winning like 5 years into existence.
Six

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
The biggest, or at least loudest knights fans around were probably the most hateful towards hockey prior to the Knights.
I'm sorry but you are being either utterly ridiculous or a total drama queen over this. Which is it? There is a MASSIVE difference between being indifferent and being hateful. Las Vegas is the ultimate someone is from anywhere but here town, why would people care what you like? They may not like it or share your love for it but saying they hate you is absolutely ridiculous. I lived through the Wranglers years and yeah a lot of people had no clue there was a hockey team in town for most of their existence. Never met someone who said I hate hockey or can't stand it during those conversations. They just didn't care.

Reactions: Pia8988

Razamanaz

Oct 22, 2017
Northern Hemisphere.
Game over.

Florida.

But not rock'n'roll (all) over. Remember.
No kiss of death for Florida this game ...

The line-up changes that coach Paul "Stanley" Maurice made late on in the game worked out really well - Barkov with Lundell - and the dittos like that.

Both Tkachuk and Luostarinen (Lomberg ... just go home!) ... will maybe come out flyin' like a twin-bird firebird in full flight marauder-style.
If not - then Florida will be knee deep down in the hoppla.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
If people really think the fix is in by the refs or league I wish they'd just stop watching a rigged sport, or at least stop posting here.

What a game.

To be fair, he did slash the official right after. Tkachuk is a gutless coward.
Tkachuk was going full Duncan Keith with the stickwork there at the end of the game.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I'm sorry but you are being either utterly ridiculous or a total drama queen over this. Which is it? There is a MASSIVE difference between being indifferent and being hateful. Las Vegas is the ultimate someone is from anywhere but here town, why would people care what you like? They may not like it or share your love for it but saying they hate you is absolutely ridiculous. I lived through the Wranglers years and yeah a lot of people had no clue there was a hockey team in town for most of their existence. Never met someone who said I hate hockey or can't stand it during those conversations. They just didn't care.
I 100% have and someone else in this thread has experienced it as well. Were most people indifferent? Absolutely.

Panteras

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 14, 2009
It’s only 3-0 who cares
Vegas will finish this but would be fun to see fl come back I think.

Vegas is a deeper team with more depth and better overall players, but most importantly they’re healthy compared to us. Unless an unimaginable miracle happens, this is over next game. Part of me is just ready for this to be over I’ve been too emotionally involved for a month now and I feel like I can’t do this anymore lol hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad