Stanley Cup Finals: (WC2) Florida Panthers vs (P1) Vegas Golden Knights | VGK Lead 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

baabaa

Jun 9, 2023
Montour blasting #3 from behind after charging in all the way from the blue line after the clock ran out and Tkachuk using his stick to put Pietrangelo in a headlock are 2 of the most chickenshit maneuvers I have ever seen.
Then you haven't watched a lot of hockey. There's much worse just about every playoff series.

Reactions: Pengwins

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Serious question, can you leave the penalty box to join a scrum after game ends? Isn’t that analogous with leaving the bench to join a scrum after the game ended

I don't actually think he should get suspended, but if Gudas left the bench to join the pageantry, wouldn't he?
OMG the reaching here is epic! Let me get this straight. Vegas defends a six on four to ice the game, Panthers start crap after the horn because bad sports, and you want Pietro penalized for leaving the box AFTER THE GAME HAS ENDED?

Smh

CJV123

Feb 4, 2010
Yeah, wasn't disputing that. Just that if that was the worst he's ever seen, then oh boy wait until he sees a few clips from the 80's or 90's.
You are correct in that, of course. Although, to be fair, the stick-headlock was new to me and just thinking about it makes my skull hurt.

giphy.gif

NHL sacrifice, betting dogs vs. cats, some rats... Mass hysteria!!!

May a Tkachuk never win the cup....
I have a black-and-white cat and love this gif so much- thanks.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I don't think Vegas fans have been bad at all in any of the series threads, so I'm not sure what issue you're alluding to, but I guess I'll agree with you.

We will win with dignity, like we lost with dignity a few years ago. Hopefully the losing team can do the same.
He wasn't on the plaza six years ago watching so many VGK fans warmly congratulating Caps fans. You're supposed to be juvenile and hateful when your team loses the big one, so that is what he expects of all of us.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
You are correct in that, of course. Although, to be fair, the stick-headlock was new to me and just thinking about it makes my skull hurt.

I have a black-and-white cat and love this gif so much- thanks.
I'd be behind Brady hoisting it up. I like his edge, and he seems to recognize the line.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Yeah, wasn't disputing that. Just that if that was the worst he's ever seen, then oh boy wait until he sees a few clips from the 80's or 90's.

I never said they were the worst things I had ever seen, I said they were 2 of the most chickenshit actions I have ever seen.

Something can be chickenshit without being incredibly dirty. You tell me a better word to describe Montour charging somebody from behind after the game had ended or Tkachuk using his stick to put Pietrangelo in a headlock.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
There’s that dignified Vegas attitude we’ve all come to love. Rarely did I mention anything about the sharks without it being prompted by someone else. I literally explained my issues with the harassment and vandalism and you seem to think it’s just pettiness of a hockey rivalry.
Come to the dark side, Luke.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

baabaa

Jun 9, 2023
I never said they were the worst things I had ever seen, I said they were 2 of the most chickenshit actions I have ever seen.

Something can be chickenshit without being incredibly dirty. You tell me a better word to describe Montour charging somebody from behind after the game had ended or Tkachuk using his stick to put Pietrangelo in a headlock.
I really don't give a shit. Something happened. Most people got over it a few minutes later. Some are still shitting their pants over it. We're all different I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Then you haven't watched a lot of hockey. There's much worse just about every playoff series.
Definitely. But it was still pretty pathetic.

Ah we fought real hard to get the win, but the puck just didn't go in. Nothing left to do now but go completely apeshit on my opponent and show how gracious in defeat I am. Like I could understand if one of the Vegas players took a parting shot first but Montour went after McNabb purely to make sure the game ended with violence.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Marc Staal should never play another shift, he’s a total, complete liability and yet has been a top4 this entire time.

Just as with Tkachuk looking like a ghost since the hit it’s about impossible to see this go to game 7

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Boston media and fans

“Bruins were right to fire Cassidy.”

Haha

Cassidy is an awesome coach and awesome coaches get stale at some point. If that wasn't the case the NHL would be like college sports where the great coaches stay in the same program for decades. I'm super happy for Cassidy. Just annoyed that the Panthers horseshoe up their ass didn't wear off sooner because, win or lose, I think Boston and Vegas would have been an awesome series on and off the ice.

baabaa

Jun 9, 2023
Yes, who knows why I would ever think the series discussion thread is a proper place to discuss the series.

???????????????
Well, who's more of a chickenshit? The dude that does something or the other dude that doesn't have the balls to respond?

Are you old enough to remember Boston-Vancouver finals? Marchand punching one of the Sedins over and over and no call. It happens every playoffs.

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
Vegas looks like the better team, but anything can happen. They came back against Boston. As the old cliché goes... one game at a time. I'm much happier with the effort now. :)

Oh, and trade Ekblad! (he's not going anywhere due to NMC, but I can dream)

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I mean I personally will never understand the appeal of reddit..... it seems like a down grade on a forum in almost every way.
I like it for its broad content coverage from video games to knitting. But you can’t have any real discussions or get a sense of community on any topic. You just dip your toes into things.

Vegas looks like the better team, but anything can happen. They came back against Boston. As the old cliché goes... one game at a time. I'm much happier with the effort now. :)

Oh, and trade Ekblad! (he's not going anywhere due to NMC, but I can dream)
He sure is invisible. I forget about him often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad