Stanley Cup Finals: (WC2) Florida Panthers vs (P1) Vegas Golden Knights | VGK Lead 3-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CJV123

Feb 4, 2010
Did Tkachuk whack the official with his stick? Is the league going to cover this up and he won't play due to "injury"?

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Did Tkachuk whack the official with his stick? Is the league going to cover this up and he won't play due to "injury"?
Saw it too, figured it was a heat of the moment thing and that it shouldn’t be a deal. Wasn't that hard and it's the Final.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Because I hope he’s still around on the boards when the team struggles?

Arizona is a trainwreck that shouldn’t have a team. That’s pretty unanimous, no?

I also don’t have a lot of love for Florida, but they’re probably an accurate comparison in terms of what to expect when things are rough. Godforbid this city gets a basketball team before that happens.
My point was more that there are attendance dips for a lot of teams in this league when the going gets rough. I just rattled off two examples that jumped to mind right away as I remember photos of a half empty building in Florida when they were struggling. Granted it was probably a work day, but still, it stuck with me. Point is, it's not weird to see dips and lulls when a team rebuilds. Vegas isn't there yet but it's an inevitability for every team.

As someone who is a fan of the sport o. A wider level, do I wish the Vegas fanbase was more willing to open up their knowledge of the wider league and not just direct all their focus to the local team? Yeah. But that doesn't happen overnight. Do I wish there weren't drunk idiots in the barn? Yeah. But I mean casual fans and drunk/trashy people are in every building. It's still a budding fanbase. I don't understand why you have to hate the fans if it's not also motivated by the animosity between the San Jose fanbase and the Vegas fanbase. Like that I would understand. If you could just cop to, they're a rival team, and the fanbases don't get along, I'd totally buy it. But this fixation of the wider Vegas fanbase being less knowledgeable and sophisticated six years in either rings entirely hollow or it's genuine and pretty unfortunate gatekeeping attitude.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
It’s what I did as a University of Missouri person with an assload of Cardinals fans in my midst as a Cubs fan.

We may not be as good as the cardinals, but we’re hardcore, stick with the team through the bad times, etc.

I feel it. Give the man his props. The good ones stick around when the team sucks. Don’t know that you need the develop a whole backstory about it on a new team, but it is what it is.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I don't understand why you have to hate the fans
Because I live here and have to endure all the negative aspects of the fanbase everywhere? Does the SJ aspect have anything to do with it? Sure does and I’ve explained it. It’s not because of the rivalry of the teams, it’s the way I’ve been treated by the fanbase because I’m a fan of their first rival. Not in a friendly or even bitter sports way. It got pretty demeaning, personal and intimidating that transcends beyond the boundaries of good, old fashioned trash talk. It’s like when a child hasn’t yet learned the consequences of their actions. I’ve lived in Vancouver when they were good and same with LA. Both rivals but neither time I had an issue with them succeeding. Didn’t love it, don’t get me wrong, but simply just being rivals on the ice that’s where my hatred ended. The Vegas casuals ( and I know it’s mostly the casuals) are something else. Maybe it’s just a different era and people are far more aggressive. I dunno.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Because I live here and have to endure all the negative aspects of the fanbase everywhere? Does the SJ aspect have anything to do with it? Sure does and I’ve explained it. It’s not because of the rivalry of the teams, it’s the way I’ve been treated by the fanbase because I’m a fan of their first rival. Not in a friendly or even bitter sports way. It got pretty demeaning, personal and intimidating that transcends beyond the boundaries of good, old fashioned trash talk. It’s like when a child hasn’t yet learned the consequences of their actions. I’ve lived in Vancouver when they were good and same with LA. Both rivals but neither time I had an issue with them succeeding. Didn’t love it, don’t get me wrong, but simply just being rivals on the ice that’s where my hatred ended. The Vegas casuals ( and I know it’s mostly the casuals) are something else. Maybe it’s just a different era and people are far more aggressive. I dunno.
Well I can't answer for everybody. All I know is I've watched rvial fans in T-mobile pass by thousands of Vegas fans who give them no grief. Hope you have better experiences going forward.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
My point was more that there are attendance dips for a lot of teams in this league when the going gets rough. I just rattled off two examples that jumped to mind right away as I remember photos of a half empty building in Florida when they were struggling. Granted it was probably a work day, but still, it stuck with me. Point is, it's not weird to see dips and lulls when a team rebuilds. Vegas isn't there yet but it's an inevitability for every team.
I think my meaning was more around the casual support of the team outside of those who actually go to the games. Vegas games will always fill because there will always be knights fans and there will always be hockey fans who will finally get to appreciate affordable tickets.

Well I can't answer for everybody. All I know is I've watched rvial fans in T-mobile pass by thousands of Vegas fans who give them no grief. Hope you have better experiences going forward.
I hope so too

Reactions: WhataKnight

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think my meaning was more around the casual support of the team outside of those who actually go to the games. Vegas games will always fill because there will always be knights fans and there will always be hockey fans who will finally get to appreciate affordable tickets.

So like..fans on Twitter and Facebook? Cause that's where the dumbest/most aggressive fans from every fanbase congregate.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Just give a shoutout to the one Sharks fan that’s been visible in a Stanley Cup thread this season and tell him how much better his fellow fans are at making their presence known when their team sucks and end it.
There’s that dignified Vegas attitude we’ve all come to love. Rarely did I mention anything about the sharks without it being prompted by someone else. I literally explained my issues with the harassment and vandalism and you seem to think it’s just pettiness of a hockey rivalry.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
There’s that dignified Vegas attitude we’ve all come to love. Rarely did I mention anything about the sharks without it being prompted by someone else. I literally explained my issues with the harassment and vandalism and you seem to think it’s just pettiness of a hockey rivalry.
We know what the score is and I’m pretty sure what your deal is, but the fact is that you’re predicting how bad your rival team’s fans will be in a Stanley Cup thread, and you’re all alone.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
when the doctor put me on the anti anxiety/stress reducing tranquilizer, this kind of stuff all seemed to start mattering less and less. just a thought!

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
None of what you just said makes any sense
What does Vegas’ fanbase sucking look like on HF?

I’d figure it looks like one Vegas fan arguing about the Sharks in the game 4 thread of a Stanley Cup final involving the Sharks.

You’re living the worse case scenario you’re predicting for the Knights.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
when the doctor put me on the anti anxiety/stress reducing tranquilizer, this kind of stuff all seemed to start mattering less and less. just a thought!
Fair. I was admittedly quite stressed that one time when three dudes in a bar followed me to my car and demanded I take my sharks jersey off after a game THAT THE KNIGHTS WON. Definitely learned my lesson that night.

Reactions: Mike C

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
What does Vegas’ fanbase sucking look like on HF?

I’d figure it looks like one Vegas fan arguing about the Sharks in the game 4 thread of a Stanley Cup final involving the Sharks.

You’re living the worse case scenario you’re predicting for the Knights.
Doesn’t make much more sense, but I appreciate the effort. 100% agreement about the worst case scenario though.

Reactions: BattleBorn

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Doesn’t make much more sense, but I appreciate the effort. 100% agreement about the worst case scenario though.
Enjoy the rest of the cup final.

By the way, your team had the lowest % of capacity this season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad