Stanley Cup Finals: (WC2) Florida Panthers vs (P1) Vegas Golden Knights | VGK Lead 3-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Lol well no comment on that, just saying if you want to see the most ridiculous hockey takes, you're probably going to find them on one of those two social media platforms.

Boy is this true. If I ever want to feel better about my life decision I open up a flyers thread on Twitter and I feel like Isaac Newton after about 5 minutes

Reactions: HanSolo

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
one thing that makes me wondering is that Vegas seems to be a popular team but barely any of their fans made it to HFB. Their GDTs are like 20-30 posts long
Again, new team in the Reddit era.

2200+ comments.

I personally grew up with this style of message board but there's not much incentive for new fans who weren't members already to come here when /r/GoldenKnights is already so active. I had hoped we could get a more active community on the Vegas subforum, but like I said, there's a more active community out there that is likely viewed as more accessible.

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
Again, new team in the Reddit era.

2200+ comments.

I personally grew up with this style of message board but there's not much incentive for new fans who weren't members already to come here when /r/GoldenKnights is already so active. I had hoped we could get a more active community on the Vegas subforum, but like I said, there's a more active community out there that is likely viewed as more accessible.

I mean I personally will never understand the appeal of reddit..... it seems like a down grade on a forum in almost every way.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Sorry if the question has been asked already, but what is the "plausible and generally accepted" injury with Tkachuk? Separated shoulder or is it something else? Not a concussion, right?

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
I tend not to attribute malice or intent to actions taken in moments where passion is high. Probably why I don’t think reffing stinks in general.
It is insanely difficult to ref hockey at ice level. Things just happen too quickly. Mistakes are made all the time but unfortunately we live in a world of high def frame by frame replays and without it most of the armchair experts on here wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of pointing out the missed calls or bad calls etc.

I'd love to follow these dorks around in their day to day lives and point out all the mistakes they make. And that would be at life speed lol.

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Maurice is a moron for playing Tkachuk injured. More minutes than Barkov. Moronic.
He played about 3.30 less than Barkov.

I mean, this is Barkov's time to shine. Fill the hole left by Tkachuk with his injury and be the man.
Unfortunately that just doesn't seem like the way Barkov rolls.

Reactions: WhataKnight

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Maurice is a moron for playing Tkachuk injured. More minutes than Barkov. Moronic.
The most moronic part of this is Lundell played great and he didnt see ice-time the last 5min. Lundell-Barkov-Reino were the best line and Maurice breaks it up in the 3rd.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010

I mean, this is Barkov's time to shine. Fill the hole left by Tkachuk with his injury and be the man.
Barkov not stepping up is another problem. Tkachuk on the ice was a liability every time. He shouldn't even have played.

nihlify

Jan 20, 2010
I mean I personally will never understand the appeal of reddit..... it seems like a down grade on a forum in almost every way.
Better moderated and it doesn't crap out on your phone or when the site is under heavy load. Reading the GDT's on the main boards here is like wading through a sea of negativity, why start an account here if there's already an active subreddit for the team you support? It's nice to have everything in one place like this, but it's not strange it's not attracting people that haven't been here for a good while.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Montour blasting #3 from behind after charging in all the way from the blue line after the clock ran out and Tkachuk using his stick to put Pietrangelo in a headlock are 2 of the most chickenshit maneuvers I have ever seen.

Screenshot_20230502_174730_Gallery.jpg

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC

If Tkachuk says he’s ready to play, he plays. Plain and simple. And he didn’t look out of place out there. He almost scored what could have been the tying goal at the end.

It’s never going to happen with Barkov. He’s just not this kind of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad