Stanley Cup Finals: (WC2) Florida Panthers vs (P1) Vegas Golden Knights | VGK Lead 3-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
No. GIVING THEM a respectful handshake as the losers they are ( unless they pivot dramatically) is worth more than any physical beating.

The oppressed want to fight violently. The oppressors would just like fresher scones with their tea.
I call for blood and guts!
And you wonder why Sharts fans get treated like shit.......

I get it, your team has no Cup. That doesn't mean other fanbases can't support their team.
Wait a sec

The Sharks are still in the league??

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Pretty funny seeing people act like Vegas, who had a player double axe handle chop a star player over the arms and get suspended for it, is the non-“dirty” team. As if the Panthers are some off the charts dirty team.

This the same non-dirty team that took the pedals off the exercise bikes for Winnipeg? Wish all teams were more like those guys. What gems.

Last edited:

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Illegal if he joined the scrum.getting stick-choked from behind isnt joining the scrum.

I am bothered the random wheel of discipline wasn't interested in Cucky's stickwork. It could have broken neck and I don't think I'm exaggerating. I've seen PTO handed out for far less dangerous actions. I am looking at this objectively, I believe.

I like to think I am I have 0 horse in the race.

I was really cheering Bob on etc.

I just don't understand how Tkachuk isn't talked about more from this past game at the end but Petro has a thread.

Petro did not leave illegally and like any player at 60 minutes gets let out to cheer with his team.

You also can clearly see he tries to avoid stuff (most likely not knowing the rule) then Tkachuk trying to use his stick as a weapon.

Heck I was cheering Tkachuk on and glad he was on the panel talking at the NBA game.
However that does not excuse his behavior.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Pretty funny seeing people act like, Vegas who had a player double axe handle chop a star player over the arms and get suspended for it, is the non-“dirty” team. As if the Panthers are some off the charts dirty team.

This the same non-dirty team that took the pedals off the exercise bikes for Winnipeg? Wish all teams were more like those guys. What gems.
Imagine having over a month to find out that was quickly debunked by people on the Winnipeg side and still throwing out false nonsense to get a shot in.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Imagine having over a month to find out that was quickly debunked by people on the Winnipeg side and still throwing out false nonsense to get a shot in.
Also conveniently ignoring why the slash (he is greatly exaggerating the violence of) was made.

Yes, Vegas mixed it up with the very dirty Oilers, but two series later, their eyes are on the prize. Discipline levels can vary between rounds if you arent named Tkachuck.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Lmao, imagine pulling up a story about the Jets, seeing it, and not knowing it was debunked. Vegas Golden Knights Accused Of Sabotaging Winnipeg Jets' Exercise Bikes

Either way, Vegas is hardly a non dirty team. The takes in here are obnoxious.

From their The Athletic writer. Which I think trumps some website no one has heard of summarizing a portion of Friedman's podcast where he talked about a rumor that he heard. A rumor that was debunked and no one has given a shit about since before round 1 was even over.

Also if there's anything that was imparted to me from the wider HF community about the Pietrangelo slash that should apply here is that whataboutism (Kane crosschecking Pietrangelo in the throat and punching a player pinned to the ice) doesn't invalidate the dirty nature of other acts. And I tend to agree on a broad level. Vegas hasn't gotten this far playing like angels every game. But that doesn't somehow nullify that this Florida roster has more than a handful of examples of toeing or crossing the line of dirty play.

Last edited:

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
VGK are far from saints on the ice. I don't think you would find any Vegas fan trying to argue that. I think the difference is they are aggressive/violent in the scope of the play (with the exception of Pertro's boneheaded ugly slash on Drai), whereas Florida seems to be aggressive/violent as a culture (given the post whistle and post game shenanigans).

It seems very telling that there have been all these penalties on Florida and gloves have not been dropped. Honestly the 18 VGK played very similar to this Florida team (Perron was pretty infamous for these types of "plays").

Reactions: Rob Brown

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
"I m not a critical thinker" would have said all this with less typing.
not sure what’s worse, that you thought you were witty here, or that you think most of what you’ve carried on about in this thread has any critical thinking.

From their The Athletic writer. Which I think trumps some website no one has heard of summarizing a portion of Friedman's podcast where he talked about a rumor that he heard. A rumor that was debunked and no one has given a shit about since before round 1 was even over.

Also if there's anything that was imparted to me from the wider HF community about the Pietrangelo slash that should apply here is that whataboutism (Kane crosschecking Pietrangelo in the throat and punching a player pinned to the ice) doesn't invalidate the dirty nature of other acts. And I tend to agree on a broad level. Vegas hasn't gotten this far playing like angels every game. But that doesn't somehow nullify that this Florida roster has more than a handful of examples of toeing or crossing the line of dirty play.

Agreed. Pretty sure we’ll load up on more, but the “I want blood” takes by some really don’t make a lot of sense. You don’t get to the Finals without toeing the line. Or playing dirty for that matter.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Come on Panthers .. wake the f*** up.

I want my game 7.

WTF. Game 6 would be Fri and 7 would be ... monday night?

That waters it down a good bit imo. Why cant I get a Sat night or Sunday afternoon game?
Pretty sure the NBA Finals, and the Heat being in them, played a role in the schedule. Not 100% on that however.
VGK are far from saints on the ice. I don't think you would find any Vegas fan trying to argue that. I think the difference is they are aggressive/violent in the scope of the play (with the exception of Pertro's boneheaded ugly slash on Drai), whereas Florida seems to be aggressive/violent as a culture (given the post whistle and post game shenanigans).

It seems very telling that there have been all these penalties on Florida and gloves have not been dropped. Honestly the 18 VGK played very similar to this Florida team (Perron was pretty infamous for these types of "plays").
They’re all tired, emotional, beat up, and have a desire to win. I really don’t see them going overboard to some insane degree though. There’s always been stick work in the game, Hill has given out his fair share, it just happens.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Pretty sure the NBA Finals, and the Heat being in them, played a role in the schedule. Not 100% on that however.

They’re all tired, emotional, beat up, and have a desire to win. I really don’t see them going overboard to some insane degree though. There’s always been stick work in the game, Hill has given out his fair share, it just happens.
Hill hasn't used his stick randomly. Anyone at the end of his stick has had it coming.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan

Yea deserved a game. I also think the cross checks on Stones back repeatedly Petro decided to step up and say we can target injuries as well.

I don't think either is right but when the refs don't do something about it...

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Still used it, yet you wanna blast Tkachuk for apparently feeling the same? Either stick work is stick work or it’s player discretion per incident…which makes it ok?
Smacking someone with a stick equates to putting them in a headlock with a stick. We're back to questioning your critical thinking skills.

Reactions: Summer Rose

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
If this doesn’t end on Tuesday I’ll be shocked.

We’re too beat up, too frustrated, and too distracted from the goal. Vegas has played really strongly all series and they’ve done a masterful job of baiting our players into taking stupid penalties and capitalizing on their chances.

Using the refs as an excuse for us losing is wrong. They’ve been awful but we’d still deserve to be down 3-1. It’s frustrating but again we can’t score on the power plays we get so that’s not gonna help much.

We were on paper a vastly weaker team against all four of our opponents. We had to go against the top teams in the entire league the whole way and sadly it looks like our time is finally coming to an end. It is what it is.

I’m proud of our team and what they’ve done. Call us losers, dirtbags, I don’t care. This was an awesome run and I’m proud of them. Bolster the team in the offseason and go for it again next year.
Objectively this is an awesome run to watch and even if FLA doesn’t win the Cup the fanbase got a real treat to see them play like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad