SSM Greyhounds Off-season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
as a footnote, i think politicians from all parties have done a fantastic job. they have asked tough but fair questions as a unified front - no partisan buffoonery.

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
I’ve checked out for the summer and haven’t been paying attention to much hockey news (aside from the most obvious).
That said, I happened to catch a schedule for the 2022 World Junior tournament that is being held in August. Seems like the tournament starts on the 9th? Do they plan on announcing a roster or bringing anyone together for a mini-camp? I looked around online and I couldn’t seem to find any information on it. Although to be fair - if you’re googling “team Canada world junior roster” there currently isn’t a wide variety of results.
Has anyone heard or read anything?

Reactions: DWI Dale

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
i'm guessing the cloud over Hockey Canada is causing TSN to keep the tournament on a lower profile than normal. perhaps the roster is the same as the roster built in December?

Reactions: three dog night

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I found this part interesting
Rutger McGroarty, Julian Lutz and Tyler Muszelik are three former Hounds draft selections who haven’t skated with the locals at any point in their amateur careers.

In the recent NHL entry draft, McGroarty was a first-round pick by the Winnipeg Jets (14th overall), Lutz a second-round pick by the Phoenix Coyotes (43rd overall) and Muszelik a sixth-round selection of the Florida Panthers (189th overall).

While nothing has been confirmed, Raftis says the possibility remains all three could participate in training camp when it kicks off in late August.

“I can’t put a specific date on it but there are definitely some conversations happening and we’ll have to see where they go,” Raftis said. “I don’t think anyone is done in terms of with us, or any path has been really guaranteed or any door has been shut, is the best way (to describe it).”

McGroarty and Muszelik were 2020 OHL draft choices and Lutz was a 2021 pick in the CHL Import Draft.

Reactions: DWI Dale

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I'd argue that Muszelik would slot in as our top goaltending option as well, giving us an enviable amount of trade capital in the crease. We would surely be able to get another top 6 forward and/or top 4 defenseman with the excess.

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
E775BE4A-49EF-4C7C-8C8F-E944A79D2130.jpeg

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
is there any differences between this roster and the one announced in 2021?
From what I can tell…Owen Power, Kaden Ghule, Cole Perfetti, and Shane Wright’s absence from this roster jump off the page.
Dylan Guenther, Jake Neighbours, Justin Sourdif, Mavrik Bourque, Xavier Borgault as well.

I see they added Tyson Foerster and I guess you couldn’t ignore the season Othman had.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
YIKES!

Hey Rutger, get your arse to the Soo and receive the junior hockey experience you deserve brahhh!

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
an abusive staff, especially in the current hockey climate isn't something that will be ignored.

it may not change his commitment but pretending it won't give him pause to reconsider is pretty naive.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
an abusive staff, especially in the current hockey climate isn't something that will be ignored.

it may not change his commitment but pretending it won't give him pause to reconsider is pretty naive.

hes best friends with adam fantilli, families are pretty tight, they want to play together from what i heard.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Rutger has no issues with decommitting if he is uncomfortable. He already decommited from Notre Dame to go to Michigan..

Pscccchhhh. They’re always under the eye for something. Nothing ever comes of if.

Under the eye and being full on exposed is different. Read the article.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI

If he doesn’t change his commitment, that would be nothing coming of it. These aren’t things that have been secret. The extra practices and lying about Covid testing were public knowledge long ago. Some of the rest was rumored. Odds are nobody gets fired. Few if ANY de commit, no sanctions, it gets swept under the rug and things keep rolling in A2. They’re currently the NCAA’s biggest recruiter in a war with the CHL. Who has also had their issues lately as has the NTDP.

Rutger has no issues with decommitting if he is uncomfortable. He already decommited from Notre Dame to go to Michigan..

Under the eye and being full on exposed is different. Read the article.
They were full on exposed about half of it over a year ago and..........nothing.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
he's best friends with Hunter Brzustewicz...who 100% is confirmed coming to the OHL.. from Michigan...

as i said, to my understanding, the fantilli and mcgority families are very tight, and they all want to be in the same place. i dont believe anything you posted changes that.

great thing is, we'll see in a month who is right.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
he's best friends with Hunter Brzustewicz...who 100% is confirmed coming to the OHL.. from Michigan...

and too add, pearson has bee under investigation for a year or more, i highly doubt any of this is new to them

if they wanted to leave, i would think they would have already, like brustewicz did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad