SSM Greyhounds Off-season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
personally i think it's more likely the coach is fired than he reports but a touch of hope gives us something to talk about!

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Both in NB?
both in michigan, why would they leave? this report has been in the works for a year.

personally i think it's more likely the coach is fired than he reports but a touch of hope gives us something to talk about!
summer days. how often do you see 'we could get an american guy here' vs it actually happening. its like 1 percent.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
an abusive staff, especially in the current hockey climate isn't something that will be ignored.

it may not change his commitment but pretending it won't give him pause to reconsider is pretty naive.
McGroarty is part of CAA as well as Fantilli I believe. Nobody is saying it won't be ignored but CAA (Pat Brisson) has been sending clients to Michigan for some time. Throw in the top guys are getting NIL money there are more reasons to stay with their commitment.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I think everyone on here is agreeing that the likelihood Rutger reports here is not good. However, I do not ignore the fact the Raftis specifically said there is a chance that he is at training camp. Raftis does not usually talk this way, so I sat up and paid attention when he made that comment. That is not nothing. The rest is pure conjecture and speculation, but we will find out at the end of the month.

Reactions: DWI Dale

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Ya, I think the fact that their hockey program is a dumpster fire is noteworthy whether fans of the "Blue" want to admit it or not. But yeah, they'll likely just fire the coach long before they let their top prospects walk.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
we will see if McGROARTY will be at training camp, Also, of note there is a slight
possibility that Tanner Dickinson may play his overage here in the Soo , considering
he missed so much time last season with the broken fibula, we will also see what
the St. Louis Blues decide to do with Dickinson also ?

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Ya, I think the fact that their hockey program is a dumpster fire is noteworthy whether fans of the "Blue" want to admit it or not. But yeah, they'll likely just fire the coach long before they let their top prospects walk.

The coach has been without a contract for the past couple months. He's only "coach" in title only.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
we will see if McGROARTY will be at training camp, Also, of note there is a slight
possibility that Tanner Dickinson may play his overage here in the Soo , considering
he missed so much time last season with the broken fibula, we will also see what
the St. Louis Blues decide to do with Dickinson also ?
I sort of floated the idea about Dickinson being a possible OA but our local naysayers shot down that possibility very quickly. Time will tell I guess.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Ok. DWI. Let me preface this first by saying I am familiar with you and your posts. I know you’re intelligent and can be objective and unbiased when it comes to assessing your team. I respect and usually agree with your opinions. You know your stuff but I’m gonna be a d**k here for a sec on this one......I’m not a UofM fan. At all. But there is this thing called reality. To call a team that had 7......SEVEN!!!! NHL 1st round picks on last years team a dumpster fire is about as ridiculous of a post as you will ever see on this forum. What teams in ANY league ANYwhere on the planet have 7 NHL 1st rounders playing for them? I highly doubt any CHL team has ever pulled that off. I’m from Flint and have known/had conversations with multiple people who have played/went on recruiting trips for various UofM sports, my ex-wife has a UofM degree and I have watched that school for decades. They are far from squeaky clean. How they have managed to skirt NCAA sanctions blows my mind. Yet they do it....all the time. This is next to nothing. You think teeny tiny London pulls back door deals and gets away with it? UofM has a $17 BILLION dollar endowment, fills the largest stadium on the continent every year. This is not even close to enough to phase recruiting or get them sanctioned. Trust me. I’d love to watch McGroarty and Nazar in the O this year. I doubt that happens though and I doubt this news has ANY effect on the program rolling forward. Especially if they ever manage to ACTUALLY get into a National Title game with all those high end recruits as opposed to getting bounced every year. Hell Penn St football got straight up caught raping little boys and their 4 (Yes. 4. FOUR Year Bowl game ban) got reduced to two years AND they went 7-5 and 8-4 the years they were banned. It’s the NCAA. It’s University’s in America. That is big-time business nowadays, not education and even if Pearson takes the fall, they’ll keep on rolling unaffected.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
The dumpster fire was off the ice. This isn't super complicated. How many first rounders did Team Canada have in 2018? Lots. Problem is, they also had a bunch of rapists and a complicit organization aka a dumpster fire.

Like I said before I think the only change for UofM will be with Coach/Executives, but it doesn't mean us hounds fans are immune to a little bit of wishful thinking when it comes to players reporting. :)

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
The dumpster fire was off the ice. This isn't super complicated. How many first rounders did Team Canada have in 2018? Lots. Problem is, they also had a bunch of rapists and a complicit organization aka a dumpster fire.

Like I said before I think the only change for UofM will be with Coach/Executives, but it doesn't mean us hounds fans are immune to a little bit of wishful thinking when it comes to players reporting. :)
I’m rooting for you guys on McGroarty. I don’t really see the Soo as a playoff threat this year so I’m hoping you get Dickinson back too so I can watch him which I would assume is a more likely scenario?

Reactions: DeletedAccountt

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
it could be our first real difficult year in almost a decade, i think that's why we are trying to take an optimists approach to getting players to report. :)

Reactions: HockeyPops

cobra9850

Apr 23, 2014
Hi Just wondering why Thompson will be back as an OA when he is signed with Tampa and definitely could make their AHL roster.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Lol different Thompson. We traded Erie for Ryan Thompson last month. Jack won't be back.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
"nOtHiNgS gOiNg tO hApPeN"
I said Pearson could possibly be removed and what likely just happened is UofM (the top recruiting University on the planet that has yet to play in a Finals game under Pearson) just skirted ANY NCAA sanctions or loss of recruits and will continue to roll on unaffected. Probably with a better head coach in place. I’m sure there’s a full email box in the applications dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad