SSM Greyhounds Off-season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Watson was over a point a game for the second half last year. I expect he will lead the team in scoring this year. But yeah, other than that not expecting much there.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Halushak will be in camp. From Brad Coccimiglios SooToday article:

“We’ll see what he has at training camp. There’s no promises either way. He just wants the opportunity.”

“It’s not going to be something that lingers,” Raftis added. “We’ll probably know if there’s a fit right away or not and with a couple of our OA’s it’s going to be a similar boat.”

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
I did not know this.

Screenshot_20220701-092816_Twitter.jpg

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Soo Greyhounds have selected Noel Nordh from Sweden. Nordh played for Soderhamns IK U16 where he had 67 points in 25 games played. 25 points in 20 games playing with Brynäs J18 this year.

17 year old 6 foot 3. Right Winger.

Last edited:

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Well, this year's edition is going to be an adventure. I feel a bit better about the defense with the Thompson trade and the news that Halushak will report. Unfortunately I can't see either one on the top pair, so there is still a big question as to who will earn that spot beside Kudryavtsev. But at least I can envision this group of defense holding down the fort.

The real question this year is where are we going to get the goals from? I don't think our defense are going to contribute nearly what we are used to. And our forward group is weak, particularly down the left side. I struggle to see McMullen and Anselmini on this roster, yet I have no idea who might replace them. It is definitely going to be an interesting training camp for the forwards.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
mCconnel Barker - savard - watson (OA)
Allard - mignossa - d'intino
cloutier - nordh - hookey
brown - kostov - montroy

kudryavtsev Haluschuk ( OA) Carlisle
thompson (OA) Toms Bruztowski
gibson/ mCconnel - barker

ivanov
schenkel
L. miller
what the 2022=2023 greyhound line-up might look like

Reactions: HockeyPops

HockeyFan000

Dec 10, 2021
mCconnel Barker - savard - watson (OA)
Allard - mignossa - d'intino
cloutier - nordh - hookey
brown - kostov - montroy

kudryavtsev Haluschuk ( OA) Carlisle
thompson (OA) Toms Bruztowski
gibson/ mCconnel - barker

ivanov
schenkel
L. miller
what the 2022=2023 greyhound line-up might look like
I’d probably put watson on the second line just to balance the lineup a bit. But seeing what dean does it will be interesting how he will set his lines throughout the year.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Yeah, that 3rd line needs a few tweaks as it has 3 RW as listed there. Unfortunately, we really only have 3 centers (Bryce, Owen, Chris Brown) unless we put D'Intino there. Not aware of any other forward spending any time at C.

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
Jets picked McGroarty in the 1st round. Think there is a chance the Jets may sway him to come here?
Also, Lutz was just taken by Arizona, maybe we can get him to report? I know both are longshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad