SSM Greyhounds 2022-23 Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Any word on Tanner Dickinson?

thanks
I posted about this a few pages ago

It's worth keeping an eye on

Also:

FB_IMG_1669310500058.jpg

Reactions: HockeyPops

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
This commentator is horrible.

Buddy probably wears his Erie jersey while doing his job.
And doesn't know that an instigator carries an automatic 10? Like in what world has that not been the norm for 15 years?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Erie's 2nd and 3rd goals were beautiful. I feel bad for Ivanov, he had himself a great night. This game came down yet again to the inability of this team to finish. We were all over Erie for the first 10 minutes of the 3rd, but couldn't get the insurance marker.

Reactions: three dog night

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Lol. The Erie broadcast just showed the save of the night. It was Lalonde making a pretty basic positional save on a rush chance.
It’s a sponsored skit… they do one every home game because a sponsor paid for it. If there aren’t big saves in a game, they have to pick something. So odd when stuff like this bothers fans enough to post about it…

Reactions: three dog night

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
It’s a sponsored skit… they do one every home game because a sponsor paid for it. If there aren’t big saves in a game, they have to pick something. So odd when stuff like this bothers fans enough to post about it…

There literally was a save of the year candidate last night by Ivanov and they didn't show 1 replay......

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
There literally was a save of the year candidate last night by Ivanov and they didn't show 1 replay......
We aren’t fortunate enough to get fancy replays like Rogers, TSN, YourTV or Cogeco with clear coverage since we aren’t in Canada. We don’t have a company who can help broadcast. Everything we do is in house so to get a replay would be difficult. I don’t believe we got goal replays last night either which we normally would.

Our home stream is terrible, but atleast you’re still able to see the game.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
We aren’t fortunate enough to get fancy replays like Rogers, TSN, YourTV or Cogeco with clear coverage since we aren’t in Canada. We don’t have a company who can help broadcast. Everything we do is in house so to get a replay would be difficult. I don’t believe we got goal replays last night either which we normally would.

Our home stream is terrible, but atleast you’re still able to see the game.

I saw multiple replays of other plays though.... 🙈

I'm currently rewatching the game. I just clipped Ivanovs save.

Either way its not really a big deal hahaha

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
I saw multiple replays of other plays though.... 🙈

I'm currently rewatching the game. I just clipped Ivanovs save.

Either way its not really a big deal hahaha
Not big deal! I still need to rewatch the game from last night.

I just know our stream is terrible and we don’t have the resources in Erie to have a company come in and do it.

I always like the away broadcasts since it’s always crystal clear and overall better.

Reactions: DeletedAccountt

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Not big deal! I still need to rewatch the game from last night.

I just know our stream is terrible and we don’t have the resources in Erie to have a company come in and do it.

I always like the away broadcasts since it’s always crystal clear and overall better.

I thought the quality was fine to be honest. No complaints!!

Reactions: DWI Dale

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I enjoyed the stream last night. Good camerawork and entertaining play by play. There are definitely worse productions in the league.

Reactions: DWI Dale

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
i don't think i've ever had complaints about the erie camera work. i do find some of the american teams play-by-by and commentary guys to be a bit much lol. imo what they lack in hockey knowledge they make up for in homerism but maybe that's just my hot n spicy take ;).

perhaps being an american team in a canadian league warrants that homerism or maybe it's that american nationalism comes across funny to us canadians.

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
i don't think i've ever had complaints about the erie camera work. i do find some of the american teams play-by-by and commentary guys to be a bit much lol. imo what they lack in hockey knowledge they make up for in homerism but maybe that's just my hot n spicy take ;).

perhaps being an american team in a canadian league warrants that homerism or maybe it's that american nationalism comes across funny to us canadians.
Personally, I find Owen Sound to have the worst announcers/analysts. I feel weird and awkward just watching them.
It could also be that we are spoiled. Liscumb Jr. always does a great job and Mark Matier/Geno Cavallo are among the best in the league.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Personally, I find Owen Sound to have the worst announcers/analysts. I feel weird and awkward just watching them.
It could also be that we are spoiled. Liscumb Jr. always does a great job and Mark Matier/Geno Cavallo are among the best in the league.
Ya just jumping in but I find Mark, the play by play guy in Owen Sound as one of the best. Mark your colour guy is one of the best as well. If you had the 2 Marks working together you would have the best media team in the league IMHO anyway. Carry on.

Reactions: shot caller

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
Ya just jumping in but I find Mark, the play by play guy in Owen Sound as one of the best. Mark your colour guy is one of the best as well. If you had the 2 Marks working together you would have the best media team in the league IMHO anyway. Carry on.
You’re probably right and I’d have to pay closer attention next time. I usually can’t get past the younger fella taking care of the rink level work.

Reactions: ohloutsider

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
This thread was equally as quiet after a great game Saturday night vs. Mississauga. Yesterday was a bad game, but Ivanov is not solely to blame. The whole team played poorly and allowed way too much. Ivanov has been good for us this season; it's been nice having a competent backup for a change. But concerning that our clear #1 Schenkel was injured in the warmup (hand?) and according to Dean was not cleared to back up Ivanov even though he watched from the bench. Hopefully Charlie gets well soon.

I was going to post something positive about scoring 6 goals, but if the defensive side has to suffer that much to score 6 it's not worth it and I'd rather them score 3.

2 points out of 6 is not good enough if this team has it's sights set on a playoff spot.

Reactions: dirty12

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
This thread sure is quiet during bad games...
It's been quiet all year.

Our "we don't need to rebuild" mentality has caught up to us. Now at a time when we should be excitedly talking about a mem cup bid, fans are realizing they've been sold magic beans since 2018 and we aren't where we should be the year before a contending year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad