SSM Greyhounds 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Well, today is the day! If you're on Facebook I will be streaming the draft in the Soo Greyhound Fan Club as an online viewing party type thing, so that everyone can watch together and chat amongst each other as picks are being made. If that's something for you then ill post the link for you to join us!

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
London picks the original projected #1 pick William moore af #18. Everybody else shyed away from him because he's committed to play in the USA. This is dejavu times 100. Is this becoming the accepted norm for obvious loopholes?
Disgusting!!

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Getting some good picks here in the later rounds. I like the Smith, Charron and Collins-Williams pick.

Also..

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
20230422_134408.jpg

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
This is a remarkably safe draft class, something we're not used to seeing. They had several opportunities to grab top players that had dropped or players with college commitments, but chose to pass on them.

It's not exactly what I like to see because you miss on players like Virgilio, but it's something that most fans on this forum have been wanting.

I'm pleased that we got Martin, as I saw him as the best player in the draft, as did many others. Erie went for a positional need and who knows what Niagara is doing. I like the Dell'Elce pick. I think he'll have an opportunity to crack the roster next year if a defense spot opens up via trade. Callum Mainville is also a nice get in the 12th round. A friend in Toronto told me he's well over his listed 6'2 and a strong skater that plays big.

Reactions: DeletedAccountt

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
This is a remarkably safe draft class, something we're not used to seeing. They had several opportunities to grab top players that had dropped or players with college commitments, but chose to pass on them.

It's not exactly what I like to see because you miss on players like Virgilio, but it's something that most fans on this forum have been wanting.

I'm pleased that we got Martin, as I saw him as the best player in the draft, as did many others. Erie went for a positional need and who knows what Niagara is doing. I like the Dell'Elce pick. I think he'll have an opportunity to crack the roster next year if a defense spot opens up via trade. Callum Mainville is also a nice get in the 12th round. A friend in Toronto told me he's well over his listed 6'2 and a strong skater that plays big.
Agreed 100%

Brady Smith, Jordan Charron also both seem very promising

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario

Fischie...
Check out the new thread: "Ohl Import Draft"...Go to post #10 by Maverick41. Scroll down.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Fischie...
Check out the new thread: "Ohl Import Draft"...Go to post #10 by Maverick41. Scroll down.
16 years ago, wow! I won his jersey in the draw back then and got to meet him after the game. He was a very kind young man and inspired this name. Instill wear the jersey to a lot of games and get good comments haha.

Reactions: nelli27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad