Rumor: Spittin' Chiclets: Leafs working on a Marner extension

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I'd argue that extending Marner would be much less of a bad idea if it came with a corresponding Tavares move. But Tavares has a full NMC and probably wouldn't waive for anyone.

It shouldn't be that expensive to trade him since he'd be owed like $700k after July 1st, but I just don't think Tavares would allow a trade anywhere.

Really doesn't make sense to use any assets to do that.

No, I mean they need to make changes and just running it back with no notable changes isn't an acceptable outcome.

Not only that, but I'm not sure I believe that the Leafs wouldn't extend Tavares after this deal either.

He will sign for a cheap cap hit. He still is a good player, just overpaid. He's not Vlasic here he is still a good middle 6 player.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Extension for not a great playoff performer with 12 million plus salary will be very attractive to other teams for sure.
Sheep following other blind sheep on a false narrative. Even with a post a few pages ahead showing his performances in the playoffs and not actually looking up the info yourself. You still decide to regurgitate a false narrative.

This is why North America can never advance. People don't do their own research.

• Haha
Reactions: Nogatco Rd

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Good, no interest in trading a 90+ point, selke calibre player in his prime. His price will probably be down a little bit because of all the hate.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
So basically the Leafs will just keep running it back with the same core and not make any changes?

That seems opposite of what most Leafs fans want to do.

Most Leaf fans want the salary cap structure to change. Tavares deal expiring and the cap actually rising will help that

If Tavares accepts 3 mill I will eat my own hand. Think Paveleski/Benn money minimum.

Won't be with the Leafs then, and he has no interest in leaving. Leafs have the leverage with Tavares. He doesn't want to move for his family. We will offer what we offer.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
People acting like the Leafs are idiots to extend a 27 year old with 639 points in 576 games.

He had a dud playoff.

Year before, he had 14 points in 11 playoff games, and before that, 8 in 7.

But everyone decided it was Mitch’s time in the barrel this year.

Well it worked - talk enough shit about a guy for an entire season, and watch as he puts too much pressure on himself and has 3 in 7.

The idiotic thing to do is trade your 1.11 PPG star player.

Who is from your friggen Town, no less.

Toronto, this is why you can’t have nice things.

Since 2016 this golden core has won 1 playoff round, one.

Makes so much sense to just keep the band together

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
So wtf was the point of firing Dubas and hiring Treliving? All this guy has done is extend the group….I thought the point of hiring this guy was that the Leafs wanted change

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Sheep following other blind sheep on a false narrative. Even with a post a few pages ahead showing his performances in the playoffs and not actually looking up the info yourself. You still decide to regurgitate a false narrative.

This is why North America can never advance. People don't do their own research.
Sure the points look good so let's look at those performances. 14 points in 11 games. 10 points in the first four games and 4 in the next 7. Previous year was 8 points in 7 games. 5 points in the first 2 games and 3 in the next 5 games . Putting up points early in a series and then fading away doesn't make him a great playoff performer, especially when the team has gotten out of the first round once in eight trips to the playoffs

Nogatco Rd

Translator spent all my HF cash
Apr 3, 2021
IMG_2916.gif

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Tavares, Rielly. The new Hall, RNH, Eberle, Yakupov and Schultz but much more glame and expensive.

Who's the RNH that outlasts them all?

Reactions: RunItBackAgain

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
lol please. Took the Bruins to game 7 OT to eliminate them missing half their core the entire series. Bruins aren't any good
Okay cool opinion bro. This isn't about how good the Bruins are. This about how Toronto hasn't learned a thing over the past several years. The insecurity is REAL.

P.s. Bruins have much more cap space to play with this off-season, so don't get too excited

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad