Rumor: Spittin' Chiclets: Leafs working on a Marner extension

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
LOL. Good now I can stop wasting my time watching this team knowing full well what the yearly outcome will be.

Else Ermine

Jun 1, 2024
A lot of things are said on Chiclets that aren't worth listening to... But if it turns out the chosen scapegoat for the Leafs stays I'll enjoy the meltdowns over keeping a really good player on the team.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Absolute lol if the Leafs extend Marner after all of the shit slinging Leafs fans have done at Dubas for not making changes and sticking with the team as long as he did.

The hilarious irony being Dubas actually wanting to make change got him fired. This screams Shanahan's ego simply not willing to accept his planned "big four" has been a complete failure.

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
Man, I love this iteration of the Leafs. It's truly the best! They play dazzling, highlight reel hockey for 82 games a year, and then they only play seven games in early May when I'm already bored of hockey anyways. There's so much more time for activities during the summer when it's warm outside!

Surely this deal will mean eight more years of productive summers, I don't know how you suckers manage to have lives watching the third and fourth round of the playoffs. I watched the Leafs in the third round once or twice when I was a kid and it was terrible. So much stress! I hope we sign Mitch to big money and long term, because that will keep these Leafs that I love! Go Leafs Go, but not too hard, I'd hate to see one of them hurt themselves.
This, sir, is some excellent sarcasm. I’m all for it.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
The hilarious irony being Dubas actually wanting to make change got him fired. This screams Shanahan's ego simply not willing to accept his planned "big four" has been a complete failure.

I love dunking on Shanahan but this is wrong. What got him fired was him making a play for Shanahans job because he knew the Penguins had a POHO job for him if he wanted it

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Most players want a raise, especially with the cap going up. Are the Leafs comfortable with that $ amount being closer to 11.5-12'ish? He has paced for 100+ points the last 3 seasons.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
So if this is true, Treliving would have extended Matthews, Nylander, and Marner.
My conspiracy is that Shanahan has been dealing with the stars since Nylander sat out. It’s just too much coincidence that these contracts are this brutal/similar from Dubas to Tre. No new ideas.

Makes sense, matthews is the really issue
100%

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Despite the fanbase turning on him, they’d be crazy not to. He’s basically neck and neck with Matthews in regular season scoring over their careers (10 points back), and ahead in the playoffs. They need to find a way to dump Tavares, and fix their defense, but neither of those mean you don’t keep Marner around

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

At the 41:10 mark Paul Bissonnette reports the Leafs are aggressively trying to extend Marner and not focused on trading him.

Of course they are LOL

How many times does a core need to let you down before you make any single change?

I love it, but it’s mind boggling

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Most players want a raise, especially with the cap going up. Are the Leafs comfortable with that $ amount being closer to 11.5-12'ish? He has paced for 100+ points the last 3 seasons.
The only question is, how much MORE than Nylander does he sign for. He is far more productive every year except for last year where Nylander was playing for himself and then Marner was still just a little more productive. I can’t see it coming in for less than $12m x 8.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Just keep trying to fit a square into a circle. It will work at some point. That could be said about a lot of things people choose to triple down on now days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad