Prospect Info: David Reinbacher - Get Well Soon Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
While you have to think that they did their due diligence, it's about the only thing they have to do, I hope they ask questions about his history.....

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Any update whatsoever on either what the injury is or the timeframe he’ll be out for?

And how many knees injuries did he have so far? I saw a couple of moments in the last 24 hours that this is not his first one? 1,2,3?

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Any update whatsoever on either what the injury is or the timeframe he’ll be out for?

And how many knees injuries did he have so far? I saw a couple of moments in the last 24 hours that this is not his first one? 1,2,3?
He had Osgood Schlatter's - not an injury per se, but a condition you grow out of as a kid. No damage or lasting effects.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I’m not sure the injury was from the hit. It looked he may have injured his left knee when he stopped to dump the puck in. I believe it was reported afterward he was wearing a brace on his left knee.

I believe it's from falling on his knee and the full weight of his body bending it backward

Probably a kneecap injury, which wouldnt be as serious as a torn ACL, probably 6 to 8 weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sagikev

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
I belileve it's from falling on his knee and the full weight of his body bending it backward

Probably a kneecap injury, which wouldnt be as serious as a torn ACL, probably 6 to 8 weeks.
I hope you're right, he needs all the ice time he can get in the AHL

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Hopefully the kid isn’t out too long. He needs all the reps he can have.

Dont remember if it was Martineau ou Cloutier for tvasports but one of them reported that Reinbacher had already a brace on both of his knees at the draft. And now, looks like he exploded one of his knees again. And hes just 19…God damn.

We shouldnt draft already damaged prospect.

Reactions: Whitesnake

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Hopefully the kid isn’t out too long. He needs all the reps he can have.

Dont remember if it was Martineau ou Cloutier for tvasports but one of them reported that Reinbacher had already a brace on both of his knees at the draft. And now, looks like he exploded one of his knees again. And hes just 19…God damn.

We shouldnt draft already damaged prospect.
No idea that we had a NEED for a kid with damaged knees....Let's just hope that this pick will be a reminder for the next picks to come.....no more f***ing overanalysis. Pick the f***ing BPA not damaged. And TRADE if you have a NEED.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
No idea that we had a NEED for a kid with damaged knees....Let's just hope that this pick will be a reminder for the next picks to come.....no more f***ing overanalysis. Pick the f***ing BPA not damaged. And TRADE if you have a NEED.

There's RD1s available?

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
There's RD1s available?
Yuo never know. Seth Jones was traded once. Brent Burns was traded twice. Brock Faber was traded. The fun part also is that almost every RD for each team were rnot traded top 5. Which means that you don't have to spend a top 5 on a D. Especially since D's are tougher to predict and at that young age, are clearly not finished their progression.

so yes RD's are tougher to find. I think we could have done a better job at finding them elsewhere if you really want to find them. Maybe it's time to slow down on goalies and start racking RD's...

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
More and more...the injury to Laine while atrocious will make room to the real important injury here...Reinbacher. A rebuild team need every piece build for that rebuild. And the most important thing here is..he wasn't even hit hard. So losing him a long time, awful for the development. But then..how much hope on him for the remainder of his career....

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
We don't really need a 1RD. We need a rop 4 RD.

We have 3 top 4 LDs in the lineup already.
We have no number one defenseman now or projected for the future. Ghule is a second-pairing defenseman, Reinbacher projects as a bottom-pairing defenseman, Hutson may become a number one, but that's highly doubtful due to deficiencies in his game that would prevent him from following the path of players like Makar and Fox, and after than we have a handful of 6/7 defensemen like Xhekaj and Struble.

Matheson is not the answer for our top four given that he'll be aging out by the time that we're actually competitive in three or four years.

Reactions: River Meadow

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
With Dach, we all took some comfort in the fact that he didn't have pre-existing knee issues, but we can't say that here.

We know he's had knee injuries in the past, and there was the report a while back about a more chronic knee issue.

Considering how standard and commonplace that kind of body check is, it gives me doubts about Reinbacher's longevity and durability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad