Rumor: Spittin' Chiclets: Leafs working on a Marner extension

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
FFS! This teamed is gonna be doomed to early exits and playoff chockers for the foreseeable future.

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
This may crash HF when he signs for 8 years at over $11 million.

Maybe Berube can get more out of him than previous coaches could

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Leafs fans were telling us how Berube was gonna bag skate him and staple him to the third line and second unit PP if he doesn't waive:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Why on earth did toronto fans think that Marner is not in total control of the situation. The hate must have blinded them from reality

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

He's going to want what matthews got and is going to ask for more than what Nylander signed for

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

With the increased cap, he's not going to get just a 100k raise. I'd be shocked if it's less than 11.5-12 mil with whoever he signs with,

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
They have to keep every option open. Like it or not, he is a Top 20 regular season forward, as they pointed out on the podcast. There’s a good chance they’re not receiving offers they believe are sufficient.

One thing’s for sure these days. All of the GM posturing that may have worked in past years, really doesn’t work anymore. Teams aren’t going to up their offers with reports they hear in the media. Any trade negotiations about Marner haven’t been initiated by the buyer. Managers know the Leafs are, more than just thinking about selling.

The frustration that is being a Leaf fan, is very, very real.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
If I was a Leaf fan and they extended him, I'd be frustrated as hell. But if they aren't getting the kind of offers they want, what is the alternative? Take a bad deal, or let him walk as FA?

Reactions: Smif

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
People acting like the Leafs are idiots to extend a 27 year old with 639 points in 576 games.

He had a dud playoff.

Year before, he had 14 points in 11 playoff games, and before that, 8 in 7.

But everyone decided it was Mitch’s time in the barrel this year.

Well it worked - talk enough shit about a guy for an entire season, and watch as he puts too much pressure on himself and has 3 in 7.

The idiotic thing to do is trade your 1.11 PPG star player.

Who is from your friggen Town, no less.

Toronto, this is why you can’t have nice things.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Man, I love this iteration of the Leafs. It's truly the best! They play dazzling, highlight reel hockey for 82 games a year, and then they only play seven games in early May when I'm already bored of hockey anyways. There's so much more time for activities during the summer when it's warm outside!

Surely this deal will mean eight more years of productive summers, I don't know how you suckers manage to have lives watching the third and fourth round of the playoffs. I watched the Leafs in the third round once or twice when I was a kid and it was terrible. So much stress! I hope we sign Mitch to big money and long term, because that will keep these Leafs that I love! Go Leafs Go, but not too hard, I'd hate to see one of them hurt themselves.

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
It's not like the oilers changing the coach with the same core didn't work for them...not saying it will work for the Leafs but maybe Berube can change their attitude in the playoffs..

Reactions: BallardEra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad