Speculation: Smith injured Again- Edmonton just got more desperate for a Goalie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Let me guess....only your opinion counts over everyone else.

Edmonton is desperate for a goaltender. Leafs need a top 4 D man.

But hey, only your opinion counts right?

Typical HF poster.
Still no justification. Just a drive-by boat-anchor offer. Typical HF troll.

Reactions: spaghtti

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Yes he is.

If you think koskinen is better than Georgiev, you’re delusional
Georgiev is a hot and cold goalie that is just as inconsistent as the three guys they've got signed.

Zero need for the Oilers to spend assets to play musical chairs for a guy who only moderately improves the position.

They're also getting caved in at even strength this year. So improving the goalie really isn't turning that tide.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
1) Go see in the Price to the Sharks thread . If it was one person saying it you would have a good point but when it pretty much every fan base you have to question your own reasoning .

2) Yes we do know about bad contracts it why we want to stay miles away from Price .

3) We will trade you Klefbom . He by far the best left D available and it should be a no brainer as you need defence . See how riculous that is ? Klebom has played a game in 2 years so he a question mark . Price hasn't played a game this year and have issue with substance abuse .

Also it is the asking price for Price at 50% has to be considered . Edmonton is trading 2 or 3 high end prospects as we have other holes that these kids may be able to fill .Also Montreal is unlike to retain 50%.

4) Read everything I said and you will see I said if he comes back and is playing at a high level that chances everything . No one , I repeat no one is taking Price until he proves he can play at a high level . His last 4 regular season his SV% is the same as Koskinen's . Going by Montreal fans you guys had a much better defence . I know the argument will be ,Price is a playoff beast . Consider for a minute that Edmonton my not make the playoffs because Koskinen isn't good enough . Now if Price and Koskinen SV% is equal over the last 4 year we probably don't make the playoffs with Price . So why are we going to make a deal ?

I will count offer my first post . Nurse for Price straight up . We then can go after another LD . I think Arizona has one available .

1- "Buh buh buh but look at what the others did?" Price doesn't make sense for the Sharks, because they aren't competting. Oilers are some pieces away to be able to compete, but Price is one of those piece.

2- Price still give you a better shot at the Stanley Cup than Darnell Nurse

3- We don't need defense, we tank. How ridiculous is this? Not as rediculous as the premise where you trade us Klefbom. That, my friend, is ridiculous.

4- We will see. Price was defacto the goaltender for Team Canada, and he'll be back healed. Price + McDavid/Draisatl >>> Koskinen + f***ing Gretzky/Lemieux. Price has some of the worst goal support. You're making this deal because torturing McDavid with teams that can't compete is bad.

SlyIslands

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Edmonton should stop always looking at next year. Pittsburgh won cups when they started dealing some futures. Pascal Dupuis, Chris Kunitz were important parts of the first cup Crosby won, same thing with the Kessel trade when Rutherford arrived.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Edmonton should stop always looking at next year. Pittsburgh won cups when they started dealing some futures. Pascal Dupuis, Chris Kunitz were important parts of the first cup Crosby won, same thing with the Kessel trade when Rutherford arrived.

If Edmonton doesn't get into the playoffs consistently and at least win a round or two, Drai and MCD are going to ask for a trade or the will leave during FA.

I know Edmonton fans want a top tier goalie but what they need is a goalie on a good contract who gets the job done. If you can find a steal in the 3 or 4 mill range even better. Get a serviceable back up for a mill and use the remaining cap for depth. Koskinen and Smith are not the answer.

At what point does the lack of good goal tending mess with the heads of Drai and MCD? I know Edmonton fans will disagree but I would gladly give a first for a solution this year and the next few years.

Oilers keep losing and you are going to lose your stars. Its not going to be pretty.

Reactions: SlyIslands

NotASheep

Feb 23, 2019
Ullmarks a fine goalie. Little wild in the crease, but he is quite good & fairly young.

Not sure why the B’s would add a first to move him to a team that legit needs goaltending help lol

they aren’t trading any of their goalies IMO

Should have ponied up when they moved Vladar in the off-season

Ullmark is not worth 5 mill a year.He is getting a starters wage with never being an actuall clear number 1 goalie on a team. In Buffalo he tagged team with Hutton. Swayman is nearly ready and one reason why Rask is back is because the Bruins can see Ullmark is not the "guy"--Swayman has shown he will be the "guy".
Bruins have Ullmark for 3 seasons after this one and I can see either bought out or traded with some sugar

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Edmonton should be just as desperate now as they were at the start of the season. Everyone knew Smith and Koskinen is not a goalie tandem you need or want at playoff time, and it turns out may even cost them a playoff spot if they don't get going.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
How does this improve Edmonton in net? Murray is playing poorly also.

Partially a change of scenery, partially saving cap space. I also think Murray is on the right track. I never wanted him, I hated the signing from day 1, and I would obviously not do it if I could go back in time, but I think he will be just fine if he can stay healthy and get some reps in. His biggest issue has been that he's been hurt whenever the team is actually playing with structure.

But I get why Edmonton wouldn't do it.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Ullmark is not worth 5 mill a year.He is getting a starters wage with never being an actuall clear number 1 goalie on a team. In Buffalo he tagged team with Hutton. Swayman is nearly ready and one reason why Rask is back is because the Bruins can see Ullmark is not the "guy"--Swayman has shown he will be the "guy".
Bruins have Ullmark for 3 seasons after this one and I can see either bought out or traded with some sugar
This is pretty much totally wrong on every point. Impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad