Waived: [SJS] Evander Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
He’s broken 50 points once, and 30 goals once, in the last 10 years. His hockey ability is very overrated.

Twice. No fan of Kane, but a simple google search would have given you all the career info on Kane. He likely would have done this four times, if last two seasons were not shortened by COVID.

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
i didn't say i wanted him i said they could use thegoals

Haha you guys have needed goals for a while now. Going out to get Athanasiou and Arvidsson but they haven't really hit their previous 30-goal paces. Just saw that Kopitar is leading your team with eight, man, you're making him do everything!

Reactions: KingTech

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Now watch Kane get loaned to an AA affiliate not associated with the Sharks or an ECHL team like the Oilers did to Sheldon Souray for the rest of his contract time.

Any competent GM would be on the phones making this happen to prevent Kane from ruining the prospects the Sharks have.

Holy Slapshot

Feb 16, 2012
Icy Cold Catacombs
He's the 16th best goalscorer over that time. Underrated if anything.

View attachment 485006
Nice table. Comparable wingers are Skinner, Parise, JVR and Neal. Do you want any of them for 7 per this and 3 more seasons? I doubt... And they're all playing hockey at least. Stable and without long suspensions thanks to marginal or none episodes of gambling, raping people, faking covid passes etc. recorded. Unlike this sicko.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Zero chance he agrees to a contract termination with about $20 million on the table.

And I don't know that the Sharks have grounds for a morals clause since it doesn't seem like anything was conclusively proven.

Ball is basically in Kane's court. If he reports and plays, he'll get his money. If not, he'll get suspended.

That said, what a headache for the Barracuda coach to have to deal with.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Twice. No fan of Kane, but a simple google search would have given you all the career info on Kane. He likely would have done this four times, if last two seasons were not shortened by COVID.
Yeah he is a legit top 6 with solid hockey skills

don’t need to make up shit to trash him

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
When will we know if he clears? Monday at 12pm ET? Nobody is answering in the Sharks board. Thanks!

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
He’s broken 50 points once, and 30 goals once, in the last 10 years. His hockey ability is very overrated.
Hes actually broken 50 points twice in that time. 2017-2018 was just across 2 different teams cuz he was traded so you have to read both teams stats lines for the total which was 54.

He also had 47 and 49 in 2 covid shortened seasons so hes had his best 4 years of his career the last 4 seasons.

Reactions: banks

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
In 4 straight years too.

I think he misread 2017-2018 stat line because sone sights dont list the combines stats from the 2 teams and he just read them as 2 separate seasons instead of adding the season totals between the 2 teams.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I don't want this loser anywhere near the rookies on the Cudas. The rookies showed good chemistry and camaraderie during the COVID call-up. No need to put a bad apple in that barrel.

For once, I'm glad Eklund is in the SHL. Perhaps that is why he was loaned rather than assigned to the AHL team?

Hopefully, a team will claim him.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Yet all he has to do is report to the AHL and he will make over $20M from now until the end of the 2024-25 season. Not bad.
He owes 26 million, all his assets have been seized, everything he makes is being garnished and his wife is trying to take him to the cleaners in divorce court to take half of whatever is left.

Kane needs another contract after this one or he is screwed

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
I'm not sure how he's even allowed to play at all. Should get the Voynov treatment.
Based on what evidence?

I hate Kane and think he is a scumbag, but it is pretty clear his ex wife is a vindictive lying jilted angry ex and those types of crazy are neither rational, nor trustworthy and will lie about anything. She makes up new wild allegations every few weeks. Some believable, some just crazy talk that he was cleared of after thorough investigation.

With Voynov he was caught and there was evidence, officers came to the scene to see his beat up wife and took statements. Evander Kane's ex wife decided to doctor up her divorce statements by making up allegations. Its in her best interests to force Kane to settle quick to shut her up, she knows it, and is going to continue releasing sensationalist stuff to pressure him.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
twitter-picture-of-kane-holding-stacks-of-cash-stirs-social-media-hornets-nest.webp

"Yes hello? It's Evander"

wilson-doug.jpg

"Hey Evander it's Doug"

twitter-picture-of-kane-holding-stacks-of-cash-stirs-social-media-hornets-nest.webp

"Doug who?"

wilson-doug.jpg

"...Wilson...I...look...there's no easy way to say this. Between the gambling debts and the vaccination card thing...we're waiving you E-man. We're pretty confident no one is going to claim you so at least you'll be able to continue playing with the Barracuda!"

https%3A%2F%2Fpuckprose.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2016%2F04%2F955492544.jpeg

"..."

wilson-doug.jpg

"Evander? Kaner? You there? Maybe that money phone of his isn't getting service..."

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country

"Yes hello? It's Evander"

wilson-doug.jpg

"Hey Evander it's Doug"

"Doug who?"

wilson-doug.jpg

"...Wilson...I...look...there's no easy way to say this. Between the gambling debts and the vaccination card thing...we're waiving you E-man. We're pretty confident no one is going to claim you so at least you'll be able to continue playing with the Barracuda!"

https%3A%2F%2Fpuckprose.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2016%2F04%2F955492544.jpeg

"..."

wilson-doug.jpg

"Evander? Kaner? You there? Maybe that money phone of his isn't getting service..."
LOOOOOL

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
He owes 26 million, all his assets have been seized, everything he makes is being garnished and his wife is trying to take him to the cleaners in divorce court to take half of whatever is left.

Kane needs another contract after this one or he is screwed

he can always go fight Logan Paul or something.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
As a sharks fan I'll be pretty irked if they don't sack up and play him, let alone pay to get rid of him. There are a lot of egotistical pieces of shit in all sports, his problems are honestly low on the scale and show how hockey can decide to treat certain players differently for a certain reason.

Reactions: ChompChomp and Groo

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
As a sharks fan I'll be pretty irked if they don't sack up and play him, let alone pay to get rid of him. There are a lot of egotistical pieces of shit in all sports, his problems are honestly low on the scale and show how hockey can decide to treat certain players differently for a certain reason.
They aren't going to play him. Several young member of the team hate him.

Hockey is generally a clean cut sport compared to other sports where it is cool and ok to be an outcast individual who doesn't follow a team system. What you call "low end problems", are Still big problems in a hockey locker room.

We don't want him. He's gone. He can go play basketball if he wants to lead that individualist lifestyle

Reactions: Gabe Kupari

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad