Waived: [SJS] Evander Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Based on what evidence?

I hate Kane and think he is a scumbag, but it is pretty clear his ex wife is a vindictive lying jilted angry ex and those types of crazy are neither rational, nor trustworthy and will lie about anything. She makes up new wild allegations every few weeks. Some believable, some just crazy talk that he was cleared of after thorough investigation.

With Voynov he was caught and there was evidence, officers came to the scene to see his beat up wife and took statements. Evander Kane's ex wife decided to doctor up her divorce statements by making up allegations. Its in her best interests to force Kane to settle quick to shut her up, she knows it, and is going to continue releasing sensationalist stuff to pressure him.
This is an awful lot of words to say, "I am unfamiliar with the assault allegations brought by multiple women against Kane."

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
You can say what you will about how different leagues in different sports are treating this differently, but it's still crazy that we have Aaron Rodgers in an American sports league who lied about his vaccination status and is anti-vax, yet no suspension or the Packers getting rid of him, and with Evander Kane, who plays in a league where most teams are in the United States, is on the outs because of this faked vaccine card stuff (Which is a form of lying about your vaccination status).

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
The Sharks and Barracuda play out of the same building. So Kane will likely see alot of the NHL staff and former teammates. I wonder what awkward situations arrive. Oh to be a fly on the wall.

Reactions: Shaquille Oatmeal

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Based on what evidence?

I hate Kane and think he is a scumbag, but it is pretty clear his ex wife is a vindictive lying jilted angry ex and those types of crazy are neither rational, nor trustworthy and will lie about anything. She makes up new wild allegations every few weeks. Some believable, some just crazy talk that he was cleared of after thorough investigation.

With Voynov he was caught and there was evidence, officers came to the scene to see his beat up wife and took statements. Evander Kane's ex wife decided to doctor up her divorce statements by making up allegations. Its in her best interests to force Kane to settle quick to shut her up, she knows it, and is going to continue releasing sensationalist stuff to pressure him.

That doesn't really make sense.

His wife accused him of gambling on his games. If there was enough evidence of this found, his contract would be terminated, he'd be broke (he already is), and his wife would get nothing.

So if you believe her motivation is of financial nature, her accusation would be self-defeating.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Teams would trade for him if we had any indication that his issues were over.

His creditors are still after him. He is still in the middle of his dispute with his ex. There was no proof found that he bet on NHL games but who knows what could turn up tomorrow?

This stuff matters. A bad distraction is a cancer. He has a lot of ability, but real life isn't like the video game

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
You can say what you will about how different leagues in different sports are treating this differently, but it's still crazy that we have Aaron Rodgers in an American sports league who lied about his vaccination status and is anti-vax, yet no suspension or the Packers getting rid of him, and with Evander Kane, who plays in a league where most teams are in the United States, is on the outs because of this faked vaccine card stuff (Which is a form of lying about your vaccination status).

Let's not pretend that's the only reason that E. Kane is getting ostracized by the rest of the league.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

Kane is more a kin with Antonio Brown to me...who should likely not be playing for a list of other reasons.

Reactions: ChompChomp

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
That doesn't really make sense.

His wife accused him of gambling on his games. If there was enough evidence of this found, his contract would be terminated, he'd be broke (he already is), and his wife would get nothing.

So if you believe her motivation is of financial nature, her accusation would be self-defeating.
It's her latest accusations that I refer to. The "he raped me twice after the first miscarriage in 2019, but then i went on happily living with him to get pregnant twice more"

Her Initial motivation is that of an irrational jilted ex whose man is constantly cheating on her. She started a tweet war with him regarding him him leaving to go party in Europe with hot chicks while she stays home with their kid while pregnant with their 2nd kid and finds out their house is being repossessed. Which is believable.

Then she later brought up the "he bet on and threw his own games". Which is semi believable for a gambling addict, but also isn't believable because the sharks sucked at the time and nobody needed to throw games for them to lose and nobody would give good odds on the teams they played for him to make money removing games. And because he was statistically having one of the best years of his career leading the team in scoring.

Then she brought up prostitutes and him constantly messing around on her. Still believable.

Then she brought up him hanging with organized crime figures who threatened to kill the family.

Now after the NHL finishes investigating and finds nothing regarding the gambling, she drops the explosive "Oh, and he raped me after the first miscarriage in 2019 before our first kid was born"

That's not a small thing to throw in as an "oh by the way" and then leak to TMZ. That's the worst accusation so far.

There comes a point when you can tell the angry ex is throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. Her goal is to ruin him and take anything he has leftover.

In fairness I can't stand the guy and want him gone. But in north america, you are innocent until proven guilty.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
Will he report to the Barracuda and would the Sharks even want him to report ?

Obviously nobody is picking up that contract
it's his own choice... if he doesnt report he's not getting paid and every games that he misses it's 85,365.85$ (minus taxes) in his pocket

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Someone needs to edit this pic, replacing the bills with Monopoly money and final notice bills
F1B65BBA-5AC7-4D6A-BE55-F20B4BDC5A79.jpeg

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Mike Richards got terminated for getting caught at the border with unprescribed painkillers… surely there’s something in the CBA that allows the Sharks to terminate him lol
The Kings terminated Richards' contract over a "material breach" and the NHLPA filed a grievance. That would have sent it to arbitration, which might not have upheld the termination, so the Kings and Richards both hedged their bets and settled on 60% of what he was owed (he had 5 years/22m left). The Kings got a 10.5m cap hit over 17 years for the settlement cost ("termination fee") and a separate 5 year/1.3m "recapture penalty".

I think the Kings settled because there was a real chance they could lose in arbitration while Richards settled just to end the legal hassle, get his money risk free and play somewhere else. The criminal charges were everything in Richards case though, especially it being boo hiss evil drug charges, which gave them a chance to try to wiggle out of a bad contract by f***ing over a guy who was addicted to painkillers after numerous injuries.

An example: While in Philly, Richards played 79 games in 2008-09 and then had shoulder surgery on both his shoulders, one with a torn labrum, after the season was over. He suffered both injuries early in the season and "underwent cortisone treatments to manage the pain" (wink wink).

I'm getting side tracked a little but my point is while Kane has done a lot of dumb shit there hasn't been any criminal charges and you can't count on a "dumb shit out clause" in a guaranteed contract. The Kings managing to terminate-then-settle with Richards was an anomaly that managed to piss off just about everybody (players, NHLPA, other teams) but the Kings and NHL went to great pains to make it clear that it wasn't a precedent. There were rumors that Sharks floated the idea of a Richards-style settlement with Kane but without the threat of a contract termination there was no sale. Unless Kane wants to break away this contract will live on.

Flyers' Mike Richards Needs Surgery On Both Shoulders

Deep Blue Sea: Mike Richards case unlikely to be precedent for Evander Kane

Reactions: PAZ

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008

There's two huge differences between Rodgers and Kane.

1.- Lying to the media about being vaccinated just means your an a-hole. Having a fake COVID card means you're an a-hole that just committed a felony.
2.- Rodgers is actually good and cutting him would have implications for the Packers. Can't say the same about Kane or the Sharks.

Not defending either one of them. They're both ass hats and deserve whatever punishment comes their way.

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
There's two huge differences between Rodgers and Kane.

1.- Lying to the media about being vaccinated just means your an a-hole. Having a fake COVID card means you're an a-hole that just committed a felony.
2.- Rodgers is actually good and cutting him would have implications for the Packers. Can't say the same about Kane or the Sharks.

Not defending either one of them. They're both ass hats and deserve whatever punishment comes their way.

Kane is a good player. That’s really all the good there. Both players can’t just be good players and scum at the same time?

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
Not surprised he cleared, but I won't be surprised if someone takes a chance at 50% retained.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
The Kings terminated Richards' contract over a "material breach" and the NHLPA filed a grievance. That would have sent it to arbitration, which might not have upheld the termination, so the Kings and Richards both hedged their bets and settled on 60% of what he was owed (he had 5 years/22m left). The Kings got a 10.5m cap hit over 17 years for the settlement cost ("termination fee") and a separate 5 year/1.3m "recapture penalty".

I think the Kings settled because there was a real chance they could lose in arbitration while Richards settled just to end the legal hassle, get his money risk free and play somewhere else. The criminal charges were everything in Richards case though, especially it being boo hiss evil drug charges, which gave them a chance to try to wiggle out of a bad contract by f***ing over a guy who was addicted to painkillers after numerous injuries.

An example: While in Philly, Richards played 79 games in 2008-09 and then had shoulder surgery on both his shoulders, one with a torn labrum, after the season was over. He suffered both injuries early in the season and "underwent cortisone treatments to manage the pain" (wink wink).

I'm getting side tracked a little but my point is while Kane has done a lot of dumb shit there hasn't been any criminal charges and you can't count on a "dumb shit out clause" in a guaranteed contract. The Kings managing to terminate-then-settle with Richards was an anomaly that managed to piss off just about everybody (players, NHLPA, other teams) but the Kings and NHL went to great pains to make it clear that it wasn't a precedent. There were rumors that Sharks floated the idea of a Richards-style settlement with Kane but without the threat of a contract termination there was no sale. Unless Kane wants to break away this contract will live on.

Flyers' Mike Richards Needs Surgery On Both Shoulders

Deep Blue Sea: Mike Richards case unlikely to be precedent for Evander Kane

You are completely misunderstanding what happened with Richards. It is extremely likely that Richards had serious immigration issues from the RCMP catching him in the act of illegal possession of a controlled substance.

Those immigration issues take 6 months at minimum to correct although is can be years in some cases. That would have meant Richards would have missed all of training camp and the first 3 months of the season. That was the material breach.

Immigration issues is consistent will all the reported facts, how immigration law is interpreted and enforced. It also is 100% consistent with the timeline and with Bill Daly's comments.

Since law enforcement caught him in the act, immigration issues can be immediate. No need for a conviction.

Stranger Things star Charlie Heaton denied US entry over cocaine trace

Former Flyer Mike Richards Charged With Possession of Oxy - Gambone Law

In an email exchange, Customs and Border Protection public affairs officer Mike Milne quoted from the controlled substances section of the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, which says someone is “inadmissible” to the U.S. if he has either been “convicted of” or “admits having committed” a violation of drug laws in the U.S. or elsewhere.
When pressed to clarify, Milne highlighted the words “admits having committed” and “inadmissible” in bright yellow. Translation: the admission of crack use is itself grounds for refusing a foreigner entry.

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford could be denied entry to U.S.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad