Waived: [SJS] Evander Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I know the guy has been a Douche but he hasn't done anything illegal and he is working through bankruptcy to try and make that right the same as any person has a right to. A guy has to have a chance to redeem himself and this board takes things too far sometimes.

Lets go over this:

1) did he kill anyone? ( Heatley, Mctavish)-Nope
2) Did he sexually assault someone or not report one to anyone? (Blackhawks team-GM, Pittsburgh team-GM )-Nope
3) Did he beat her up or anyone up?-Nope

He did get prostitutes' and gambled all his money away, which while a waste is legal in this country.

People need to grow up and look in the mirror a little bit, because you might not like what is staring you back if your completely honest with yourself. We are all human and can make mistakes, but because we are fans of a GAME this fellow happens to play we get to judge him?

Save the animosity for real dirtbags of the world.
I'd wouldnt touch him until all that stuff is sorted out. Hes still in the middle of it.

But sure, if it were sorted, him at 50% could be okay. I'm skeptical that this will be sorted soon though, and hes not young anymore. So I guess my take is basically the same as a flat no. But if it could get sped along and he looks good in the AHL, he could work out again in the NHL

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
What team wants to take a player who attacked a ref last season? Sharks are still paying for that one.

However, as a Sharks fan, if it takes the refs' attention off the Sharks and onto the team that picks up Kane, I'm all for it.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
What if Kane refuses to show up to the AHL? Does this give Sharks the grounds to terminate that contract and not get cap penalties on their salary cap?
If he refuses to show up, yes the organization can terminate the contract and avoid a buy-out.

Which is why someone in financial problems like him will certainly show up, since he could use the 21M hes owed.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
If he refuses to show up, yes the organization can terminate the contract and avoid a buy-out.

Which is why someone in financial problems like him will certainly show up, since he could use the 21M hes owed.

What if Kane refuses to show up to the AHL? Does this give Sharks the grounds to terminate that contract and not get cap penalties on their salary cap?

His agent already said Kane would report.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
Because that's not what happened.

Ethically a DA must believe they have a reasonable chance of conviction to go through with charges. That becomes problematic when a situation is he said-she said, or no one said anything in the case of a lot of abuse and rape. They do not rule that the alleged crime is unsubstantiated, rather there isn't enough evidence to reasonably expect a criminal conviction. However, the burden of proof for a civil trial is much less and only needs to be more likely than not, rather than beyond a reasonable doubt, and the civil case in regards to Kane's alleged sexual assault back in 2015 was given the go ahead to proceed just last week. We can wait to see what comes from that, but six years trying to get to court against a person who is literally bankrupt probably means she cares more about holding him accountable than money.

With respect to the charges in the bar, the prosecutors and police watched video of his encounter with the three separate women and charged him. As the charges were misdemeanors, the judge decided to do what's called an adjournment in contemplation of dismissal which is pretty much saying "look we don't want to tie up court resources with petty crimes, so stay out of trouble for six months and you'll get your charges dismissed." At no point did they say that the claims were unsubstantiated, in fact very much the opposite.

Anna Kanes' allegations are new and in a divorce proceeding, not a criminal trial. She could still go to police, but again, he-said, she-said, events from several years ago are near impossible to to prove but there's no indication they were even investigated.

And Kane's other ex, Khloe Terae, only made an Instagram post.

But again, unless you think Bill Cosby isn't a rapist because he doesn't have a criminal record, then you don't need to see a criminal conviction when six separate women have claimed physical abuse.

I don't know why you f***ing guys keep bringing up Bill Cosby like the two are somehow related. Cosby went to court and was found guilty, but is free because protocols were violated in the system.

And saying you don't need a conviction when multiple people have claimed wrongdoing is the dumbest f***ing comment I've seen. Who cares about due process, just throw him in jail.

Your tl'dr post has done nothing for the argument other than still prove to me that Kane has been guilty of nothing more than having an attitude, has a gambling issue, and didn't want to get a shot. This board is nuts.

HFBOARDS on Kuzy - "This whole coke ordeal will kickstart Kuzy to having a great season."
HFBOARD on Tony D - "Looks like Carolina has tamed racist Tony DeAngelo."
HFBOARD on Kane - "So many claims, he must be guilty. End his career."

If Kane is more guilty than what I've mention then he'll pay for it, but I'm not going to judge him on what may or may not have happened. The dude is f***ing troubled, but calls to end his career is as long of a stretch as the line Kuzy snorted on camera.

Reactions: Patty Ice

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
I don't know why you f***ing guys keep bringing up Bill Cosby like the two are somehow related. Cosby went to court and was found guilty, but is free because protocols were violated in the system.

And saying you don't need a conviction when multiple people have claimed wrongdoing is the dumbest f***ing comment I've seen. Who cares about due process, just throw him in jail.

Your tl'dr post has done nothing for the argument other than still prove to me that Kane has been guilty of nothing more than having an attitude, has a gambling issue, and didn't want to get a shot. This board is nuts.
You're talking criminal convictions. Casey Anthony, Bill Cosby, OJ Simpson, Prince Andrew, R Kelly until recently, Weinstein until recently, Maxwell hopefully for just a bit longer, etc. etc. etc. are all people who did terrible things that the public knew but the court could not or did not convict (or had convictions overturned). Yes, Kane has not been found guilty, not once have I suggested jail time. I am just saying that with 6 separate women, 3 of which were on video, claiming that he was physically violent (or worse), we can make opinions on him and believe the women.

Do you not believe Kyle Beach was sexually assaulted? No criminal conviction for Aldrich there, yet I think most agree he did it.
Do you not believe Quenneville knew? He said he didn't, again most people believe he knew since others said he was in meeting.

No one is asking jail time. We're just saying Kane is very likely a women beating piece of shit that I would rather not have on the team I cheer for. Or 6 different women, 2 men, a DA, and multiple officers all had a 8 year conspiracy against him despite living in 4 different cities. Hmm.

Reactions: EpiPen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad