Value of: Shane Pinto to Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Habs fans are out of touch. They have the Pens #4D playing #1 minutes and the Jets #11D playing #4 minutes. That's the bar for their so called good young players to be compared to come up with their relative evaluations. It's amazing how Habs fans think these players from other teams just turned a corner as soon as they put on the Blue Blanc etc Rouge and inturn use that to pump their young players.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Habs fans are out of touch. They have the Pens #4D playing #1 minutes and the Jets #11D playing #4 minutes. That's the bar for their so called good young players to be compared to come up with their relative evaluations. It's amazing how Habs fans think these players from other teams just turned a corner as soon as they put on the Blue Blanc etc Rouge and inturn use that to pump their young players.

I am a Habs fan and I invite you to check our forum to see that you are describing a (vocal yet only small) fraction of the fanbase.

I don t see how Pinto to MTL works except if Pinto completely holds out until TDL, while OTT is close to the playoffs and Monahan goes back to 2019 Monahan, i.e. has played all games with a 1 PPG and somehow that becomes a deadline deal (Which would value Pinto as a 1st + prospect or the traditional package for a top 6 at TDL), while MTL retains 50%.

That s a lot of assumptions though and should only be discussed at TDL ;) I just don t see anything enticing for OTT given what MTL can offer and the cap space they have

Last edited:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Not even close. Newhook got a 31st and a 2nd round pick. So a mid 1st let's say, which potentially can be a top 10/1st as I think Calgary is going downhill, plus Xhekaj as a freebie I guess with your logic ontop. You do realize how dumb that proposal is don't you? If not, please continue to hide your profile. Everyone should be spared your previous posts.

Xhekaj is about a 3D/4D and offers so much more that any team would love to have. Nobody would trade Xhekaj straight up for Pinto.

Even your own managment does not want to pay anything for this guy. Even they know his worth. Usually means much more to story than we know.
Why would we even consider trading Xhekaj + for a 3rd line C.

What a joke.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Why would we even consider trading Xhekaj + for a 3rd line C.

What a joke.

Xhekaj is currently a replacement-level player. He's 6th in ice-time among dmen on a team many consider to have arguably the weakest D in the entire league. Being a fan favorite because of his fighting, doesn't make him nearly as valuable as you think it does.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I still don't understand the Sens plan with Pinto. Are they trading someone to accommodate Pinto or are they trading Pinto?

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I still don't understand the Sens plan with Pinto. Are they trading someone to accommodate Pinto or are they trading Pinto?

Sens fans don't understand the Sens plans for Pinto either.

We all want him on the team. We are all bracing for the inevitable trade request.

Honestly at this point it might come down to them trading him before he publicly requests it and his value tanks

Reactions: TS Quint

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

We all want him on the team. We are all bracing for the inevitable trade request.

Honestly at this point it might come down to them trading him before he publicly requests it and his value tanks
Delaying is the big head scratcher. Every day that goes by makes this worse. Its the lack of proactiveness that is the problem.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Why would a trade request tank his value? Since Ottawa can't take back cap there are likely only 4 teams that can fit him under the cap if Ottawa is looking to trade him irregardless of a trade request.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Why would a trade request tank his value? Since Ottawa can't take back cap there are likely only 4 teams that can fit him under the cap if Ottawa is looking to trade him irregardless of a trade request.
There are at least 16 teams that can afford to pay Pinto 2.5M.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I thought there were only 4 teams under the cap.
You have to look at teams that have ~1.4M in capspace (as they can demote a player that is 1.1M to the AHL without incurring a caphit to make room). Also, you have to look at the capspace including LTIR. For example, the Habs are well over the cap ceiling but with Price on LTIR, they have 6M - 9M in capspace.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
The only way an in-season trade for Pinto would make sense is if it's for a young, impact NHLer making under $2.5M and the acquiring team also takes on Kubalik or Joseph. But the NHLer Ottawa gets back has to have 50+pt potential, this year, to make it worth it.

The Canadiens don't have such a player.

In the summertime, if he were to ask for a trade? Then it gets more interesting since Ottawa would have a ton of cap space. Pinto could be included in a broader deal for a big-name star who's under contract.
So, a player just as good as Pinto if not better, but signed for less AND we have to take one of the sens undesirable contract.... Where do I sign?

Reactions: TS Quint and pth2

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
So, a player just as good as Pinto if not better, but signed for less AND we have to take one of the sens undesirable contract.... Where do I sign?
I think a package similar to what Lindros got Quebec city might be considered a decent first offer, to be improved upon by the team lucky enough to get the Sens to call them back.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Xhekaj is currently a replacement-level player. He's 6th in ice-time among dmen on a team many consider to have arguably the weakest D in the entire league. Being a fan favorite because of his fighting, doesn't make him nearly as valuable as you think it does.
He's 22 and JUST starting his second season after missing the second half of the season with shoulder surgery. Tough as nails, is the defenceman on the PP2. He has the second most PP minutes for D on the team. Discount him all you want but the kid is extremely valuable to the team. Far more than Pinto would have to the team when they already have young C's Suzuki, Dach and Newhook (with guys like Beck coming). They also have Monahan, Evans and Dvorak(once he's healthy)

Xhekaj is a unicorn in the NHL. He's a young, tough player that contributes and can take a regular shift. Every team in the league wants/needs a player of his ilk. Pinto is a promising young player but what he offers is somewhat redundant when you look at Montreal's roster and prospects

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
He's 22 and JUST starting his second season after missing the second half of the season with shoulder surgery. Tough as nails, is the defenceman on the PP2. He has the second most PP minutes for D on the team. Discount him all you want but the kid is extremely valuable to the team. Far more than Pinto would have to the team when they already have young C's Suzuki, Dach and Newhook (with guys like Beck coming). They also have Monahan, Evans and Dvorak(once he's healthy)

Xhekaj is a unicorn in the NHL. He's a young, tough player that contributes and can take a regular shift. Every team in the league wants/needs a player of his ilk. Pinto is a promising young player but what he offers is somewhat redundant when you look at Montreal's roster and prospects
Xhekaj as a forward would be more ideal. Same thing when Ottawa had Borro and Carkner... it's nice but do you really want one of your D in the box for 5 min?

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Xhekaj as a forward would be more ideal. Same thing when Ottawa had Borro and Carkner... it's nice but do you really want one of your D in the box for 5 min?
I think he's starting to pick his spots more. Comes with maturity. But as pointed out, it's not like he's a top pairing D. He rarely kills penalties so him being in the box isn't that big a problem. Plus they have Pezzetta to take on the middleweight bouts.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011

Relax, he isn't getting traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad