Rumor: Seravalli: Rangers been all over JT Miller

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
NY wants JT Miller? Didn't NY get rid of the cancer they had in DeAngelo? Why would they want to add another cancer? Makes no sense.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
And he was a better player
And he was signed for more years

He was overpaid by a lot, and again had a NTC and again the trade was almost 10 years ago, and again ASKED FOR A TRADE.

This context you continue to ignore is important, maybe go over it before responding again?

These are completely different situations, like you couldn't have come up with a worse comparable.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Or we just go get someone else who is better for that price? The Rangers aren't unloading 3 top prospects for JT Miller, in addition to a 1st round pick. They didn't pay that much for Rick Nash.

JT Miller ain't the missing piece for the Rangers.
And rightly so. Nash's 3 season prior to being traded he was 0.82 ppg, he had a NMC and was signed for $7.8 for the next 5 years, which at the time of the trade was 13% of the total salary cap. Miller has produced at 0.975 ppg, is signed for $5.25 and with retention possible down to $2.625 Miller could be 3.2% of the cap. If you're using the Nash deal as a template the Canucks would be getting an absolute haul.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
NY wants JT Miller? Didn't NY get rid of the cancer they had in DeAngelo? Why would they want to add another cancer? Makes no sense.

Cancer, tell me you don't know what your talking about without telling me you don't know what your talking about.

Before you sight the one report that came out a month ago, maybe research the fact that it was proven to be BS.

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Cancer, tell me you don't know what your talking about without telling me you don't know what your talking about.

Before you sight the one report that came out a month ago, maybe research the fact that it was proven to be BS.
That's what I remember reading. It was in reference to the Canucks' dismal season. Hey I like Miller and what he brings. PPG player. I'd take him on the Kings. But if he is a cancer like they say, I would stay far away from him.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
That's what I remember reading. It was in reference to the Canucks' dismal season. Hey I like Miller and what he brings. PPG player. I'd take him on the Kings. But if he is a cancer like they say, I would stay far away from him.

"They say", it was one report and again was proven to be BS.

Reactions: apocalypse

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
It's less that 30 years olds are declining, and more that winning a cup generally requires several years of being a top tier contender to give yourself a shot. Deliberately waiting until Kreider/Bread are 32/33 years old to open that window greatly limits how long the window is open.

It's also cap related. You have some huge cap advantages this season, but every year for the next several years the cap advantage will take big hits, culminating when Shesterkin needs a new contract. It's like how the Avs should be going all in right now - even though they're a young team, their cap structure has some cataclysmic events starting in two years and the need to win now is urgent

Oh, I don't want the Rangers to sell or miss the playoffs these next couple three years. I want them getting that playoff experience that you are talking about, so that they are ready to really contend at that time. Also, the flat cap is supposed to last two more years, after which there is supposed to be a large cap increase (giving the team spending money to address any needs at that time). A lot of their key pieces are already locked in, too--Kreider, Bread, Zib, Fox are all in long-term deals. And most of their young players will still be in their RFA years at that time as well (with money also saved by having ELC/2nd contract guys in the bottom six rather than UFA types).

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Since it was reported there was a clear divide in the locker room between Miller's clique and Horvat's clique. That, coupled with the fact you are 13/16 in the Western Conference.

Eichel is a comparable because its nearly the exact return you are asking for Miller. And when you look at the 2 situations, 999/1000 teams take Eichel with the neck surgery over JT Miller, not even really a debate.

there’s no truth to that, the guy who said that has no inside info and is a click baiter/pot stirrer. Miller and Horvat are fine, Miller hasn’t had issues in the locker room here and has been a great leader for the team, stood up for younger players. He’s been awesome here, I would love to build the Canucks around Miller Horvat as a one two but we got Benninged and he screwed up our cap and the team, Canucks need a rebuild and a few years to clean up Bennings mess.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
puckpedia.com
I just listened to the Seravelli interview.

it honestly sounds like he is confident in this rumor and has inside knowledge.

He also makes it sound like that the return for Miller wouldnt be prospects and picks and more like young players on the roster already.

HF would explode if it involved LAffy , Kakko but probably more like Lundqvist Chytil.

Chytil, it will 100% be him if this ends up going through. expect either Lundkvist/Jones/Kravtsov to be included as well.

I don't know how I'd feel about it to be honest, Miller still isn't the type of big fish you give these young guys up for

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Miller for Lundkvist, Hajek, Henriksson, Lamb and the 2022 4th rounder they got for Howden. Seems like a good deal for the Rangers. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: OrangePMD

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Miller for Lundkvist, Hajek, Henriksson and the 2022 4th rounder they got for Howden. Seems like a good deal for the Rangers. Thoughts?
It's a very good deal for the Rangers. Awful for the Canucks, but it's definitely one the Rangers would take and run.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Chytil, it will 100% be him if this ends up going through. expect either Lundkvist/Jones/Kravtsov to be included as well.

I don't know how I'd feel about it to be honest, Miller still isn't the type of big fish you give these young guys up for
What other big fish do you think can be had?

I think part of this is the old rangers Miller is getting a bit lost in translation (in regards to the here/now Canucks miller). He’s been unreal for Canucks. Top 20 in league scoring.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Miller for Lundkvist, Hajek, Henriksson and the 2022 4th rounder they got for Howden. Seems like a good deal for the Rangers. Thoughts?
I agree, It sounds like an excellent deal for the Rangers. The Canucks say hell no and walk away, but it is a good deal for the Rangers.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

it is interesting how for people from the east coast miller is forever frozen in time as the guy tampa traded who you assume must be getting some lucky bounces.

bh53

Sep 18, 2017
Victoria
JT Miller (50% retained) for Braden Schneider, conditional 2022 second, and Filip Chytil

Chytil is signed for 2.3 million x 2 years and Miller would be 2.625 million x 2 years with the retention so this would help alleviate the upcoming cap crunch for the Rangers.

The condition on the second round pick is if Rangers make ECF it changes to a first.

What do you all think?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
3 years min, he isn't moving during his NMC.
Yep. Maybe in the last year of the deal. But trade proposals including Trouba are fantasy. Ditto Kreider, Mika, Panarin. And for other reasons, K’Andre Miller, Shesterkin, Fox. Also, for the purpose of this thread, Kakko, Lafreniere, Schneider won’t be moved.
So if we’re accepting the premise of this thread, that the Rangers are discussing JT Miller with the Canucks, we can work from there. Also keeping in mind the Rangers would require retention.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
JT Miller (50% retained) for Braden Schneider, conditional 2022 second, and Filip Chytil

Chytil is signed for 2.3 million x 2 years and Miller would be 2.625 million x 2 years with the retention so this would help alleviate the upcoming cap crunch for the Rangers.

The condition on the second round pick is if Rangers make ECF it changes to a first.

What do you all think?
Not Schneider. From all we hear, he’s considered untouchable by the Rangers front office.

Reactions: bernmeister

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010

What do you all think?
I proposed something similar and another Capital Riot almost broke out.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
You don't know that for sure. None of us do.
Nobody does, but do you think he wants to go to a non contending team? Most of them don't have 6m(if you retain) at least with his M-NTC he gives a list of 17 teams he will go to and something can be figured out. Even then, he needs to play like an 8m dollar man for a team to want him.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site

What do you all think?

To me that equates to a 1st and 2 2nd's for Miller @ 50%. That's arguably less than what Blake Coleman returned or at the very least on par. If Vancouver is retaining 50% on Miller they should be aiming much higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad