Rumor: Seravalli: Rangers been all over JT Miller

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I'd like to hear who you could realistically obtain that is 'better' for that price, lol. REALISTICALLY obtain, i.e fit within your cap.

How are you going to get 1C ability for what would amount to what a 3rd liner makes with maximum retention on Miller? For 1.5 seasons and 2 playoff runs.
Who knows? Players become available all the time. JT Miller is not the final piece for the Rangers.

Reactions: cheech70

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
Who knows? Players become available all the time. JT Miller is not the final piece for the Rangers.
Well, you should be thankful that your GM doesn't operate 'day to day' like our former infamous leader, and you apparently.

JT is not 'the final piece' for the Rangers. Agreed. He's not a rental. You're getting him for another season and playoffs, guaranteed. Your GM obviously sees him as a key piece in that transition to the elite neighbourhood for the Rangers. It'd be a move that would put you in conversation with some of the other powerhouses in the east. It wouldn't put you 'over the edge' as a SC favourite or anything, but it would put you near enough to that realm to see big things next season. And, hell, make a little run these playoffs. You never know.

Another thing is, he'd offset the loss of Strome quite well. That's another factor that will be coming into play. Strome is a good player, but Miller is a clear upgrade.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Curious where you got these numbers? I’ve got him at 61st during that span with 48 EV points and 32nd if you include all three seasons he’s been in Vancouver. He’s not going to be the #1 guy like he is in Vancouver but on most teams he’ll be at least the 2nd or 3rd most important forward. I’d say that’s much more valuable to a team than a defenseman that can move the puck and put up points but can’t defend.

I used 5v5 scoring off of NATURAL STAT TRICK for the last season and this season. EV numbers includes a bunch of things like 3v3 OT (which is irrelevant in the playoffs), Goals against EN (6-5), Goals with EN (5-6), etc.. where-as 5v5 is strictly that, when teams are both at full strength, where the majority of the game is played.

As for his value vs. someone like Yandle at the time, you are probably right, but a lot of factors come into play when determining value so only time will tell. Like I said before, using comparable trades is fun, but situations are so different trade to trade that it's not overly useful IMO. Whether that be Yandle, Eichel, Duchene, etc..

I expect Van will get a 1st and a 1-2 young players/prospects, but won't try to predict what players/prospects those will be.

EDIT: I wasn't using last season and this to "cherry pick". I did the comparison on the Canes board to compare how he was vs. Necas's most recent performance so it was the data I already had at my disposal.

Reactions: Peter Griffin

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
He wasn't signing that extension with Ottawa so they had to sell him as a UFA. Had Ottawa not traded him, he would have tested free agency so they sold him as a UFA. Not a fair comparison.

Ottawa could of traded him anywhere. Vegas agreed to require him for that package and an extension. They did not acquire him so he can test UFA status.....its a fair comparison considering he signed long term.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I think Kravstov/Othmann + Lundqvist + 2022 1st is an agreeable deal for both sides.

Personally i would like Barron + from the Avs.
I think there's a pretty big difference between a player who may never lace up for our organization again, and our 2021 1st round pick looking pretty impressive.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Miller was partially traded from the Rangers for his character issues a few years ago. Then traded again by Tampa quickly, but that could have been mostly for cap reasons. Now Vancouver is shopping him heavily, and there was the well reported locker room issues that he was in the center of earlier in the year. I saw some Canucks fans saying it was just media driven. But, where there's smoke

Just something that is certainly a consideration.

No rumors coming from Rangers reporters that the Rangers are as hot after Miller as Seravalli would have his followers believe here. Then Dater pops up with a similar rumor about the Avs around the same time. We aren't exactly beating down the deadline here, just smells like a front office that wants to move a guy doing some posturing through the media

Reactions: leetch99

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I’d expect Miller to return a pretty big haul. Very good contract and he’s been a top line caliber player over the past couple of seasons. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a first + a very good prospect + a middling prospect and a conditional pick based on playoff performance of the acquiring team. Either that or multiple conditional picks as he has two seasons with the first and good prospect

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Since when are we desperate for a change? We’re 8-3-1 under boudreau and fighting to get back into the playoff race. Also, eichel isn’t a comparable because of his neck surgery and the worry over possible complications. A better comparable is Coleman, who had the same term and ended up getting a first. Miller is getting at least twice that if there’s retention.

Since it was reported there was a clear divide in the locker room between Miller's clique and Horvat's clique. That, coupled with the fact you are 13/16 in the Western Conference.

Eichel is a comparable because its nearly the exact return you are asking for Miller. And when you look at the 2 situations, 999/1000 teams take Eichel with the neck surgery over JT Miller, not even really a debate.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Since it was reported there was a clear divide in the locker room between Miller's clique and Horvat's clique. That, coupled with the fact you are 13/16 in the Western Conference.

Eichel is a comparable because its nearly the exact return you are asking for Miller. And when you look at the 2 situations, 999/1000 teams take Eichel with the neck surgery over JT Miller, not even really a debate.
that report wasnt real lol

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
None of what you said contradicts what I said. You can go to capfriendly right now and look at the Rangers cap hit for next year. It's at $71M with 14 players. So that's not re-signing any UFAs or RFAs. No Strome, no Georgiev, no Kakko, no Blais, no Gauthier, no Hajek. Adding Miller means they have to let all those guys walk and fill out the remaining six roster spots with $750k players.
What about the end of my post where they could have up to $8m in space to sign those guys? Does that contradict what you said?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You'd have this team back in the basement in no time. This is a worse team without Lindgren.

Irrational wanting does not overcome reality.
We should OTHERWISE hold on to Lindy as long as we can including this yr
but
moving him and capitalizing on elc D depth in order to keep Kakko, LaF etc is a no brainer

And re: otherwise, it was mentioned here in that Miller at half and Lindy to VAN is ONLY way Miller can come here now --- even tho that does not address someone would STILL have to be moved to fit KK, LaF etc

nice of you to be one sided in viewing only part of the actual picture

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Miller was partially traded from the Rangers for his character issues a few years ago. Then traded again by Tampa quickly, but that could have been mostly for cap reasons. Now Vancouver is shopping him heavily, and there was the well reported locker room issues that he was in the center of earlier in the year. I saw some Canucks fans saying it was just media driven. But, where there's smoke

Just something that is certainly a consideration.

No rumors coming from Rangers reporters that the Rangers are as hot after Miller as Seravalli would have his followers believe here. Then Dater pops up with a similar rumor about the Avs around the same time. We aren't exactly beating down the deadline here, just smells like a front office that wants to move a guy doing some posturing through the media

Uhhh we are? Ya wanna share all these sources claiming that we are heavily shopping him?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
GTFO with your garbage offers. “Kravtsov for Podkolzin side deal”? Do you honestly think the Canucks would have any interest in this?

Strome is if ZERO interest. Georgiev is of ZERO interest. Lindgren while a nice player doesn’t fill a need. Same goes for Jones. A Kravtsov for Podkolzin swap is an absolute joke. The Canucks aren’t in the business of fixing the cap for the Rangers, trading perhaps their biggest trade piece for a bunch of pieces that don’t fill big holes and then on top of it make some bizarre, unnecessary swap of young Russians that only benefits the Rangers. Get real.

Hey, THESE ARE THE ONLY PIECES AVAILABLE
take it or leave it
and as to gtfo
stick that where the sun don't shine

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

Report was proven to be BS, you need to do more research bud.

dman34

May 6, 2011

No one is debating that Eichel is viewed as the more talented asset. That said, Miller's contract increases his value considerably. Especially to those teams who are up against the cap or concerned about long-term cap structure / ramifications moving forward. Adding a top 20 player for 2 playoff runs >$5MM is extremely valuable.

Cornwallace

Jun 24, 2021

In your fantasy vacuumland sure, but in reality Miller and Eichel are two very different situations...

Miller is healthy, hasn't publicly requested a trade, and can actually fit into most team's cap structure with retention.

Eichel wasn't healthy, publicly requested a trade, and wasn't going to be easily fit under most teams salary caps...

Value in a vacuum doesn't really mean much when one player is actually an attainable target for a bunch of teams compared to a player who was only realistically attainable for a small amount of teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad