Rumor: Seravalli: Rangers been all over JT Miller

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
A lot of Rangers fans are pretending that they're making offers for the 17/18 version of Miller instead of the actual player he's actually developed into.

Miller @ 50% is likely one of the most attractive pieces available at the deadline this year.
He’s the same player except now he’s in top 6 and getting PP minutes. His character is still the same which is why his trade value is still cheap. Gorton and Stevie Y sold low on him for a reason

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
I didn't forget that apparently you did though because it was a 2019 or 2020 pick and deferred between those two years, not sure where you get 2021, that pick was traded for OEL and Garland. Sounds like you need to do more research.

Covid was the only reason that we made the playoffs in 2020, if not for that we would have given up a top 10 pick, which is why most were angry with the trade in the first place.
Except that pick would’ve deferred to 2021 which you can say would be the same but you might have a Stu,Laf,Byfield etc instead

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I tried to read more than your response to me, but even that was painful.
The only power the Rangers have in a potential deal is to not do it. Miller will be coveted by every buyer this year and will garner a large return. Your idea of "take this player or we won't deal with you"doesnt exist in a world where team A calls about player for team B. Canucks set the terms of what we want, and Rangers either walk away or pay up. As a fan it is easy to say they will walk away, but if they are serious they will pay.

Trouba makes 8m, has a NMC 2 seasons after this and then M-NTC after. Do you really think that teams will
A) Want to acquire Trouba at 8m a season, when he isn't really worth it now
Or
B) the teams he is willing to go to either wanting him, or having the cap to get him

You guys are stuck with him for 4 more years after this.

we agree and disagree
like I said, Rangers control the offer, Canucks control the accept.
Either they agree or meet in the middle or no deal.
What someone else may offer may be higher or lower overall, or better or worse specific pieces.
Whatever they are, they are. What they are not, they are not.

If you are not familiar with the concept, there is something called an opportunity cost, and it applies differently whether you undertake a specific action or not.

Acquiring Miller by NY should not be undertaken at all, EXCEPT and unless if it is as I described for value, not overpayment AND with Lindgren included and JT at half retained. This is solely to give NY a chance to keep Miller without consequences of trying to remain cap compliant.

If that does not work for VAN, fine,

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
He’s the same player except now he’s in top 6 and getting PP minutes. His character is still the same which is why his trade value is still cheap. Gorton and Stevie Y sold low on him for a reason

Any proof that Miller was traded out of Tampa for anything other than the team needing to cut salary and Miller not having a NTC? Because you keep spouting this off as
fact…

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

quirky character was likely a factor but IMO the real reason is NY backed itself into a corner by waiting too long to deal McDonagh, and Stevie Y prob threatened to back out.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Any proof that Miller was traded out of Tampa for anything other than the team needing to cut salary and Miller not having a NTC? Because you keep spouting this off as
fact…
also how the hell did Yzerman sell low? Majority of HF thought the Canucks overpaid. Some of these Rags fans takes are bizarre

Reactions: bleedblue94

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
quirky character was likely a factor but IMO the real reason is NY backed itself into a corner by waiting too long to deal McDonagh, and Stevie Y prob threatened to back out.
Yep. TB were probably the only legit suitor at that point. As I understand it, the deal literally went down to the wire. Like, last moment before the deadline.
The Rangers had committed themselves to dealing McD, and waiting too long cost them JTM.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I...
Trouba makes 8m, has a NMC 2 seasons after this and then M-NTC after. Do you really think that teams will
A) Want to acquire Trouba at 8m a season, when he isn't really worth it now
Or
B) the teams he is willing to go to either wanting him, or having the cap to get him

You guys are stuck with him for 4 more years after this.

bold is factually untrue
he totally controls 2 seasons after this

at that pt nmc-limited ntc and we CAN trade him

Dealing Buch, and hopefully now also Strome, will reinforce for Trouba that as much as we appreciate what he's done, even if 1.5m-ish overpaid, we are not letting players control cap ramifications.
So, he can do nothing and make us wait til the last minute and go where we tell him
OR
he can work with us, we owe him a favor post career, we bend over backward to deal him to a preferred location.

Reactions: egelband

Cornwallace

Jun 24, 2021
There's just so much wrong with this post. I'm not really sure what kind of backwards logic you're trying to use here lol...

He's the 15th highest scorer in the NHL since being traded to Vancouver.

If he's the same player now as he was back then, that means Gorton and Yzerman were simply wrong about his ceiling.

Saying his trade value is cheap couldn't be further from the truth and you're going to look foolish if he does get moved.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
these speculations can be fun but no way it actually happens like that
its pretty certain Schnieder is not being moved so soon
and Miller is just not bringing back 4 recent 1sts

anyway no matter what Seravelli, or anyone, hears or writes,
I really don't see Miller returning to Rangers

i believe an opportunity between Canucks and Rangers exacts, but less splashy,
more like Lundkvist<>Podkolzin, balancing rosters and pipelines
but i am sure this will enrage some fans of both teams
Lmao not a chance. Podkolzin isn’t going anywhete

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
we agree and disagree
like I said, Rangers control the offer, Canucks control the accept.
Either they agree or meet in the middle or no deal.
What someone else may offer may be higher or lower overall, or better or worse specific pieces.
Whatever they are, they are. What they are not, they are not.

If you are not familiar with the concept, there is something called an opportunity cost, and it applies differently whether you undertake a specific action or not.

Acquiring Miller by NY should not be undertaken at all, EXCEPT and unless if it is as I described for value, not overpayment AND with Lindgren included and JT at half retained. This is solely to give NY a chance to keep Miller without consequences of trying to remain cap compliant.

If that does not work for VAN, fine,
We definitely disagree on something. Canucks have the control, not the Rangers. We will have 10+ teams checking in and at least 5 with assets to land him. It will be a bidding war.

Reactions: DekeyPete

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
We definitely disagree on something. Canucks have the control, not the Rangers. We will have 10+ teams checking in and at least 5 with assets to land him. It will be a bidding war.
Says everyone each year and the fanbase who trades the players ends up being very underwhelmed with the resulting trade...

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Something like Nils Lundkvist, Vitali Kravtsov/Filip Chytil, 2022 1st, 2023 2nd for JT at 50% seems about right. I know Schneider is probably of more interest than Lundkvist but I don't know how available he is.

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
So why did Stevie Y sell low as well? Rangers didn’t have cap problems and didn’t have Kravstov yet to Centre 2nd line but I guess they did have Nieves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad