Rumor: Seravalli: Rangers been all over JT Miller

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
Any proof that Miller was traded out of Tampa for anything other than the team needing to cut salary and Miller not having a NTC? Because you keep spouting this off as
fact…
Why did the Rangers sell him cheap and now according to a guy who predicted Seattle expansion draft want him bad again? Same management team is in place. Would’ve made more sense to dump Kreider and keep JT.
I hope for Canucks fans that JT winds up with Rangers or it’s clear why I’m getting harassed

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
Why did the Rangers sell him cheap and now according to a guy who predicted Seattle expansion draft want him bad again? Same management team is in place. Would’ve made more sense to dump Kreider and keep JT.
I hope for Canucks fans that JT winds up with Rangers or it’s clear why I’m getting harassed
How does NY have the same management team? They hired a new GM last year.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
J.T. Miller in NYC again would be a horrible match. He was swept out of bars and into the gutter almost nightly.

Miller needs to end up in a place with zero nightlife and after-hours bars, where he is only focused on hockey.

Send him to say the Blues and let him decide that dodging gunfire isn't worth the risk of going out, where your odds of being involved in a violent crime are apparently 1:50.

That said, if the Rags want to toss Kraptsov into the pot as the headliner, it is a minimal gamble on their end, and I assume Drury will pay the travel cost out of his own pocket.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site

You never answered the question at all.

Nobody is harassing you, you’re just creating some BS narrative that Miller is a cancer that teams dump on the cheap and citing Tampa as an example of that when, A) they got good value for him at the time and B) there’s nothing to suggest that was anything but a cap motivated transaction.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
We definitely disagree on something. Canucks have the control, not the Rangers. We will have 10+ teams checking in and at least 5 with assets to land him. It will be a bidding war.

I agree with this, but ultimate control is conditionally consensual here.
What I mean by that is, VAN has final say to a deal or no deal, but they are limited to what those offers are -- whether by legit competitive bidding, collusion or whatever. At the end of the day they can only choose to accept -- or not -- whatever offer is on the table. They can not wish or force by will into reality a desired offer. Extending that one further, if NYR's pieces are the ones coveted, they cannot force NYR to use that specific currency [any more than NY can force VAN to accept Rangers' choice of currency].

Again, not trying to be a hard ass here, and aware there are 2 sides to this coin so VAN may very well have to say no.

But I and others have documented the legit hard cap crunch for next 2 seasons upcoming, and it makes ZERO sense for NY to do anything that compounds that problem.

Without fully reiterating myself, Miller must come back half retained, and the only quality guy with term who is a chunk -- albeit a small one --- of $ so cap can be juggled is Lindgren, who must go the other way.

There is little room for negotiation because again, not to be a hard ass, but because limitations on NY roster caused by trade restrictions, salary, need to juggle cap, etc. do not make many options possible.

I respectfully suggest:
1. 'nucks need to decide if worth more to keep/extend JT than deal him.
2. If he is on the market try to establish ballpark guidelines re the floor and the ceiling between what in some form may be acceptable vs. no brainer overpay.
3. See what offers are. Take it from there.

Rangers offer as I stated may/may not be competitive/best offer. Then each has to decide course of action.
Again, even IF you roll with my offer, NY is still semi-screwed b'c the $ tied up in Lindgren now is the safety valve for KK, LaF etc $ later, and violent contortions will be required to get through that.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
So why did Stevie Y sell low as well? Rangers didn’t have cap problems and didn’t have Kravstov yet to Centre 2nd line but I guess they did have Nieves?

what sell low by Stevie Y?
He sold high by extracting more in value -- an overpay -- getting JTM for Namest.

As to the McD deal, he gave up Hajek, who for 4 games was unbelievably all star level good, then injured his shoulder and NY mgmt mismanaged his return,

------------
Your digs at me are misplaced.

My beloved Rangers have some measure of Blueshirt blue in my blood. But that does not change the fact that when they are right they are right and when they are wrong they are wrong, a standard that applies to me, and the rest of us, as well.

The fact is the Rangers [Drury] was wrong for mishandling current Krav situation.
They were wrong for not trying him at C.
And they were wrong for not trying a line of Kreider-Nieves-Zib.

Thankfully their error is more the exception than the rule, but we see it going back to Ratelle + Park for Espo + Vadnais, if not before.

Take care who you attempt to slap, I give better than I get.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
LOL. Our window isn't "shutting slowly." It hasn't even opened yet. And did a Vancouver fan just try to flex by taunting the Rangers over the date of their last Stanley Cup? Really?

Not at all, you just took it that way as a defensive fan. More was implying the new cap increases the team is going to have soon and wasn't sure if the team had room to add more going forward once those kick in.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
JR absolutely MUST nail this trade.

A minimum of:

1st
Solid Prospect
Additional pick
That's pretty much what I see it being. Swap the additional pick with a player depending on which team is making the trade and what they're giving up. I see it being a solid prospect. I just don't see it being Schneider. Vancouver fans can immediately turn it down without him involved but I don't think any team is going to offer a prospect they view in that tier, when that's still a hole in the line-up or a long term cap replacement.

LA has stockpiled prospects and might be willing to part with one around that tier, but I don't view them being in on Miller.

Avs obviously need to make a choice on their 2c spot. If Kadri has played himself into a contract they didn't want or plan to afford, or if Miller is going to be their 2c with a contract after next season, then perhaps they view Newhook as expendable, but I'm not sure that play is going to look smart in the end, especially if they can't win the cup within the next 2 seasons, or can't find money and have to make moves they shouldn't be making.

Islanders are a team that could really use some firepower and most likely view their team as having a window right now to contend (Regardless how the season started) But aside from picks and some players, they're thin on what they can give up when it comes to prospects.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Lmao they couldn't wait to get rid of him the last time so bad they threw him into the McDonagh trade and are gonna give up assets for him. What fools

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
Miller for Lundkvist, Hajek, Henriksson and the 2022 4th rounder they got for Howden. Seems like a good deal for the Rangers. Thoughts?

This is less than what Blake Coleman got..

A bunch of spare parts for a player who is top 20 in scoring and has been consistently performing at a high level for the last 3 years...

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
To me that equates to a 1st and 2 2nd's for Miller @ 50%. That's arguably less than what Blake Coleman returned or at the very least on par. If Vancouver is retaining 50% on Miller they should be aiming much higher.

This.

Blake Coleman got 2 firsts.

Miller, who is a much better player, and at 50% retention, is going to be worth a lot more than that.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Lmao they couldn't wait to get rid of him the last time so bad they threw him into the McDonagh trade and are gonna give up assets for him. What fools
They told him he's traded during after a 6 hour'ish flight, then sent him back after the flight. If I'm Miller I probably don't want to go back.

It was a bad deal, yes. The writing was on the wall though and his time was coming to an end. Is he a better player now? Yes. Is he more mature now? Hopefully, yes. He wasn't very mature during his days in NY. The life-style environment didn't help.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
The Rangers mishandling Miller, letting him go for peanuts, watching him blossom elsewhere, and then paying a kings’ ransom to get him back would be, uh, a very Rangers thing to do.

I’m not going to be shocked when it happens. I am going to be pissed when it happens.

I feel like Drury is currently the beneficiary of some insane on ice luck. It’s hard to criticize him when the team has such a good record but moving Buchnevich, letting all this cap space sit there, and now talking about bringing back JT Miller just doesn’t inspire long term confidence for me.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I agree with this, but ultimate control is conditionally consensual here.
What I mean by that is, VAN has final say to a deal or no deal, but they are limited to what those offers are -- whether by legit competitive bidding, collusion or whatever. At the end of the day they can only choose to accept -- or not -- whatever offer is on the table. They can not wish or force by will into reality a desired offer. Extending that one further, if NYR's pieces are the ones coveted, they cannot force NYR to use that specific currency [any more than NY can force VAN to accept Rangers' choice of currency].

Again, not trying to be a hard ass here, and aware there are 2 sides to this coin so VAN may very well have to say no.

But I and others have documented the legit hard cap crunch for next 2 seasons upcoming, and it makes ZERO sense for NY to do anything that compounds that problem.

Without fully reiterating myself, Miller must come back half retained, and the only quality guy with term who is a chunk -- albeit a small one --- of $ so cap can be juggled is Lindgren, who must go the other way.

There is little room for negotiation because again, not to be a hard ass, but because limitations on NY roster caused by trade restrictions, salary, need to juggle cap, etc. do not make many options possible.

I respectfully suggest:
1. 'nucks need to decide if worth more to keep/extend JT than deal him.
2. If he is on the market try to establish ballpark guidelines re the floor and the ceiling between what in some form may be acceptable vs. no brainer overpay.
3. See what offers are. Take it from there.

Rangers offer as I stated may/may not be competitive/best offer. Then each has to decide course of action.
Again, even IF you roll with my offer, NY is still semi-screwed b'c the $ tied up in Lindgren now is the safety valve for KK, LaF etc $ later, and violent contortions will be required to get through that.
I respectfully disagree here. The conversation would never be "This is all we are willing to give up, and you need to retain, and you need to take back a contract"
Lindgren may have value, but if we need to retain and take his salary back, he loses all his value in the deal. He is a cap dump.
The conversation goes more like this
"Schneider is off the table, we need you to retain and take back Lindgren. Let's figure out a deal."

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
This is less than what Blake Coleman got..

A bunch of spare parts for a player who is top 20 in scoring and has been consistently performing at a high level for the last 3 years...

First of all, Lundkvist is one of the Rangers top prospects and is at *least* equivalent to Foote. Second of all, has it not been explained that it was a joke? Those are all the assets the Rangers received in the McDonagh/Miller trade.

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
For the record, I'm not sure how much I believe this report. The Rangers tend to be pretty tight-lipped about things like this, and when they DO leak, it's usually through Larry Brooks. That would seem to indicate that this leak came from a non-Rangers source. The most likely source that would benefit from the rest of the league thinking that the Rangers (and their full cupboard of prospects) were "all in" on Miller? Vancouver. I wouldn't be shocked at all if Vancouver leaked this out in the hopes that it would raise the offers from teams who are actually interested in Miller.

He just doesn't make sense for the Rangers in the same way that Hertl doesn't. Why pay first line center prices for a guy who would be playing on your third line* and only getting 2nd PP time? The Rangers need either a gritty, shoot-first RW, OR a gritty 3rd line center who can win faceoffs.

* Kreider-Zibanejad and Panarin-Strome have been together for literally years. They aren't breaking those tandems up, so whoever they bring in will be on the 3rd line.
Exactly and that’s what happen but when you tell Canucks fans that

Attachments

• 95E75E37-1FB0-432E-88D8-43BB610622FD.gif
    95E75E37-1FB0-432E-88D8-43BB610622FD.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 1

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Rangers fans have been through this on both sides. The Blue Jackets thinking they would get McDonagh or Kreider in a Nash trade. Didn't happen. And then we though we would get Sergachev or Point in the McDonagh trade. Didn't happen. I doubt Schneider happens and I doubt the Avs give up Newhook or Jets Prefertti.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
We definitely disagree on something. Canucks have the control, not the Rangers. We will have 10+ teams checking in and at least 5 with assets to land him. It will be a bidding war.

this is great news for Canucks but also for NYR,
as it assures that the never-much-likely return of JTM to NYR will not happen

NYR having a nice strong season,
but not yet at everyday compete level of top top teams

too soon to burn valuable assets,
and Cap gets tighter after this season

gotta keep trusting and developing the talented kids,
maybe bring in edge-of-roster guys like a rental shooting wing, or decent FO C, and keep getting better

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
this is great news for Canucks but also for NYR,
as it assures that the never-much-likely return of JTM to NYR will not happen

NYR having a nice strong season,
but not yet at everyday compete level of top top teams

too soon to burn valuable assets,
and Cap gets tighter after this season

gotta keep trusting and developing the talented kids,
maybe bring in edge-of-roster guys like a rental shooting wing, or decent FO C, and keep getting better
I agree NYR shouldn't be spending futures yet, but if they are calling about JTM, that means management/ownership don't agree with fans.
I hope he goes to another team that has a RHD we need, e.g. Avs with Barron, but I prefer a bigger haul. Just like the fans of the team acquiring him hope they don't spend too many assets.

Reactions: Groo

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
You seem to forget that there was a clause on the pick that it differed to 2021 if the Canucks were out of a playoff spotand dont go blabing about how our 2021 pick was 9th overall no one could ahve predicted covid and how it wipped out our entire team

Ok I'm wrong about the first part, don't know why I remembered it that way regardless.

Covid is also not the reason we finished as bad as we did, because you know, we were that bad before the covid surge and would have been that bad after, sooooo your point is moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad