Rumor: Seravalli: Rangers been all over JT Miller

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
NY wants JT Miller? Didn't NY get rid of the cancer they had in DeAngelo? Why would they want to add another cancer? Makes no sense.

Where is the news JT Miller is a racist? I don't know why NYR want JT again, but they do have new management and want to try win a Cup...any playoff team would like to have JT Miller, especially if they haven't won a cup recently and have a window that is shutting slowly as more players need new contracts or leave

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Miller for Lundkvist, Hajek, Henriksson, Lamb and the 2022 4th rounder they got for Howden. Seems like a good deal for the Rangers. Thoughts?

It's a very good deal for the Rangers. Awful for the Canucks, but it's definitely one the Rangers would take and run.

It's a very good deal for the Rangers. Awful for the Canucks, but it's definitely one the Rangers would take and run.

The joke is that this is what the Rangers got in return for Miller... and McDonagh.

Last edited:
Reactions: OrangePMD

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
If the Rags want JT Miller, please stop including Lunqvist. They key piece would be Scheider in a deal and if he isn't included then I don't see a trade happening.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The joke is that this is what the Rangers got in return for Miller... and McDonagh.
Yes. It was a disappointing return for those two. But the return is what the market was bearing then.
Worth keeping in mind when your team is shopping a player.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Good thing we're not shopping Miller then as all the reports have other teams calling us to see what we'd want.
Yeah, teams just pick up the phone and say "Herro, are you shopping Miller? We're interested!" I'm sure that's how all this went down.

"I read on the hf-interwebs that you need to move Miller"

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Yeah, teams just pick up the phone and say "Herro, are you shopping Miller? We're interested!" I'm sure that's how all this went down.

SpitefulFrankApatosaur-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: TGWL

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Yeah, I talk about production rate (ie: point production per minutes played), and you counter by giving point per game? My whole point was that the big thing Vancouver did was boost Miller's minutes (by 4+ minutes over his last couple seasons as a Ranger). I'm talking about production rate. His last two seasons with the Rangers, his production rates were 23:57 and 26:15. With Vancouver, his PR has been: 19:15, 24:09, and 21:10. Still better, but very close (particularly in Miller's penultimate year with the Rangers).

IMO PPM is a misleading stat. I bet if you look at the PPM leaders, its all the players producing over ppg and then its filled with offensive 3rd liners. Its a flawed stat for many reasons.

1st guy I thought of that would show well for stats like PPM is Adam Gaudette. Basically any player than can produce at about a 0.5 clip while avg 10-16 min ice time will look better than they are. Gaudette is producing at about a .5 ppg while play 10-12 minutes a game. Sure enough I took a look and his PPM this season is 21.03. I dont think anyone here thinks if you give Gaudette 21 minutes a game he'll be a ppg player.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Where is the news JT Miller is a racist? I don't know why NYR want JT again, but they do have new management and want to try win a Cup...any playoff team would like to have JT Miller, especially if they haven't won a cup recently and have a window that is shutting slowly as more players need new contracts or leave

LOL. Our window isn't "shutting slowly." It hasn't even opened yet. And did a Vancouver fan just try to flex by taunting the Rangers over the date of their last Stanley Cup? Really?

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
LOL. Our window isn't "shutting slowly." It hasn't even opened yet. And did a Vancouver fan just try to flex by taunting the Rangers over the date of their last Stanley Cup? Really?
I think you're being a bit sensitive on the Stanley Cup comment...

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Where did they say that?

All I remember was a bunch of people laughing at the Canucks for "overpaying" for Miller.

No that was just our stupid fan base that rips everything Benning does even if it was a good trade. People were legitmately arguing about the 3rd round pick in that trade......

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

No but all indications are that teams are phoning us asking what the price is, that by definition is not us shopping him, or actively trying to trade him, that's other teams inquiring how much he would cost in a trade.

Was that hard to figure out?

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
No that was just our stupid fan base that rips everything Benning does even if it was a good trade. People were legitmately arguing about the 3rd round pick in that trade......

Most people were mad because we could have ended up giving up a top 10 draft pick (which if not for covid, likely would have happened) which would have been awful for us, guess you missed that part?

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Most people were mad because we could have ended up giving up a top 10 draft pick (which if not for covid, likely would have happened) which would have been awful for us, guess you missed that part?

You seem to forget that there was a clause on the pick that it differed to 2021 if the Canucks were out of a playoff spotand dont go blabing about how our 2021 pick was 9th overall no one could ahve predicted covid and how it wipped out our entire team

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
You seem to forget that there was a clause on the pick that it differed to 2021 if the Canucks were out of a playoff spotand dont go blabing about how our 2021 pick was 9th overall no one could ahve predicted covid and how it wipped out our entire team
That is exactly right and Irony is good chance if Canucks don’t win a playoff series in 2020 they get Anton Lundell

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Nobody does, but do you think he wants to go to a non contending team? Most of them don't have 6m(if you retain) at least with his M-NTC he gives a list of 17 teams he will go to and something can be figured out. Even then, he needs to play like an 8m dollar man for a team to want him.

You're moving the goalposts a little. Of course Trouba's not going to a team like Arizona or Ottawa (anywhere in Canada actually), but at 25% retained when(if) the cap starts increasing, he will have contenders interested especially if he keeps playing like he has. We're way off topic with this however & it's really not worth discussing because a lot of things would need to happen between now & that point.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
As a Canuck fan, I'm glad to see this rumor at least gain some traction.
Now I hope some of those "Schneider + either Chytil/ Kravtsov + pick" rumors come roaring back like wildfire.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

I didn't forget that apparently you did though because it was a 2019 or 2020 pick and deferred between those two years, not sure where you get 2021, that pick was traded for OEL and Garland. Sounds like you need to do more research.

Covid was the only reason that we made the playoffs in 2020, if not for that we would have given up a top 10 pick, which is why most were angry with the trade in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad