Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
I see words of clear and certainty and resignation to destroy divorce fire and move on from one of the best teams and coaching and play calling on both sides due to an outside agitators and the league's' destruction of the entire concept of sports.

No ? Rewatch w an open mind as they provided close ups occasionally of the wr mauling to zebra fun w a weird tease of some other source or them w miracle poyer after McD admissions we ain't stopping them between the thirties which was sublime to our usual pi , holding and no calls that we haven't complained and persevered to set up the allen diggs cook bass reverse miracle f*ck you buffalo.

Why watch or give your heart/earth connection to something so corrupted. ?

Next? Draft? F*ck off nfl , My hats off in honor to the great josh allen like perrault

Best O in the league by far Cook Shakir and Kincaid were revelations and harty Sherfield and knox were key role players complimenting the mind of beane. Bravo

Last edited:
Reactions: jd1970

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Just maybe, if you know with near certainty you are going to get at leas say, 2 comp picks in 2025, then you could trade your own 2025 3rd/4th rounder for added picks in the 2024 draft. i get you usually need to trade say a 4th rounder next year just to get a 5th rounder this year, but still.

We need to find the Jason Botterill of GMs where he'd give us a 6th this year for a lower 6th next year lol

Last edited:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I see words of clear and certainty and resignation to destroy divorce fire and move on from one of the best teams and coaching and play calling on both sides due to an outside agitators and the league's' destruction of the entire concept of sports.

No ? Rewatch w an open mind as they provided close ups occasionally of the wr mauling to zebra fun w a weird tease of some other source or them w miracle poyer after McD admissions we ain't stopping them between the thirties which was sublime to our usual pi , holding and no calls that we haven't complained and persevered to set up the allen diggs cook bass reverse miracle f*ck you buffalo.

Why watch or give your heart/earth connection to something so corrupted. ?

Next? Draft? F*ck off nfl , My hats off in honor to the great josh allen like perrault

Best O in the league by far Cook Shakir and Kincaid were revelations and harty Sherfield and knox were key role players complimenting the mind of beane. Bravo
Actually, next is free agency. Then the draft.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I just watched a few videos of Jason Kelce partying with Bills fans in the tailgating lot and picking up little girls to see Taylor Swift from their booth. He literally hopped down from the booth, gave high fives, and picked up a few of the girls there to see Taylor Swift.

He has my respect. Id do a shot with him at a tailgate

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

No doubt the nickel base defense is usually a succesful formula for them.

Against KC they got destroyed in that deployment against bigger personnel groups and didn't adjust until the very end of the game.

One thing that's worth noting is that it's much easier to match nickel against bigger groupings when the score effects dictate that the opposing team has to pass.

Reactions: Paxon and kirby11

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

Nice list of cap options by spotrac. Doesn't include the 9 million they will save by cutting Hines and Harty. The basic idea here is that the cap situation isn't all that bad, it's just a matter of how much stomach you have for continuing to push money forward to spend now.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

Nice list of cap options by spotrac. Doesn't include the 9 million they will save by cutting Hines and Harty. The basic idea here is that the cap situation isn't all that bad, it's just a matter of how much stomach you have for continuing to push money forward to spend now.

My favorite options:
-Extend Douglas and Johnson, two players not showing any sign of falling off, on the right side of 30, and easy to project still playing well a few years from now
-Cut Hines, Harty, Neal, and Hamlin, saving nearly 13 million in cap space, should be no question
-Renegotiate Knox to give him more guaranteed money but lower his cap hit. He doesn't have much guaranteed at all after this year

The harder decisions:
-Whether to cut or try to rework Te
-Whether to extend Dawkins or ride it out at the current high cap, given his age

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
My favorite options:
-Extend Douglas and Johnson, two players not showing any sign of falling off, on the right side of 30, and easy to project still playing well a few years from now
-Cut Hines, Harty, Neal, and Hamlin, saving nearly 13 million in cap space, should be no question
-Renegotiate Knox to give him more guaranteed money but lower his cap hit. He doesn't have much guaranteed at all after this year

The harder decisions:
-Whether to extend Dawkins or ride it out at the current high cap, given his age
With Poyer and Hamlin being the only two safeties under contract and Hamlin only saving them $1M by releasing him, I do not really see the point in cutting Damar. You aren't getting a cheaper depth S.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
With Poyer and Hamlin being the only two safeties under contract and Hamlin only saving them $1M by releasing him, I do not really see the point in cutting Damar. You aren't getting a cheaper depth S.
True. I also neglected to include Poyer in my no brainer cuts. Hard emotionally, but I just think we need a complete fresh start at the position and need his cap space.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
No doubt the nickel base defense is usually a succesful formula for them.

Against KC they got destroyed in that deployment against bigger personnel groups and didn't adjust until the very end of the game.

One thing that's worth noting is that it's much easier to match nickel against bigger groupings when the score effects dictate that the opposing team has to pass.
Agreed. I love our nickel defense -- Taron can do A LOT -- but you also gotta adjust when the other team is bullying you in the run game. I feel like that adjustment has been made in the past. Probably the lack of useful linebackers was a big factor in the late adjustment as well as the particular lack of effectiveness of the nickel D.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
Agreed. I love our nickel defense -- Taron can do A LOT -- but you also gotta adjust when the other team is bullying you in the run game. I feel like that adjustment has been made in the past. Probably the lack of useful linebackers was a big factor in the late adjustment as well as the particular lack of effectiveness of the nickel D.
In no world does McDermott employ this same scheme if we're 100% healthy. None.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
True. I also neglected to include Poyer in my no brainer cuts. Hard emotionally, but I just think we need a complete fresh start at the position and need his cap space.
I doubt they cut Poyer this off season. I think they want to replace one starting safety this off season and the other one next off season. That was a big reason they gave him a two year deal last off season.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
In no world does McDermott employ this same scheme if we're 100% healthy. None.
I would hope not. But stubbornness to adapt is one of my biggest gripes against McDermott. I like him, I don't want him fired, but things like playing AJ Klein for 100% of snaps despite him getting burned all game and refusing to match 13 personnel with heavier personnel packages are exactly the kinds of mistakes I'd expect McDermott to make.

Again, not to beat a dead horse, but options he had:
-When we're in nickel, play Williams over Klein
-Against heavier personnel, take a FS or CB off the field in exchange for an extra LB (Williams) or DL to combat getting gashed against heavy packages
-Not dedicate a roster spot to a player (Matakevich) that apparently so incapable of playing defense that he can't even see the field for a single snap when every other player ahead of him on the depth chart all season got hurt

I'm not calling for McDermott's head. But these are the sort of things he needs to evolve on.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
My favorite options:

The harder decisions:
Extending Johnson and Douglas are smart decisions. Add in Benford, and it makes moving on from White easier to stomach. If Beane doesn't extend them, the position will be gutted next off-season.

I'd rather keep Hamlin just for the fact that Buffalo has no safeties and $1M isn't that much to save.

I'd rather try to draft an OT now and let Dawkins walk. I don't see him continuing the same level of high play.

Everything else looks like good moves for the Bills. It's leaving the Bills with less holes of positions which get gutted.

Reactions: brian_griffin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad