Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
Steelers love them some goofy WRs
Imagine being a QB or coach on that team, like being a captain of a galleon with an untrustworthy and mutinous crew. In a game last year, I thought that Mitch Trubisky was going to get murdered by all three of Dionte Johnson, Chase Claypool, and George Pickens.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Once the Bills made the playoffs, My wife wanted to plan a Vegas trip for Feb 11th.
After seeing the cost of tickets (we knew we would likely go to a Super Bowl party somewhere in Vegas, not to the game itself given the cost of tickets), she course-corrected last week and bought plane tickets on Southwest to BUF for this coming w/e.
If the Steelers won, we would have applied them to another trip to another destination.
After the Steelers lost, she bought tickets to Chiefs game.
My birthday is this coming Sunday.
I told her the Sabres play a matinee on Saturday, so we grabbed a pair of those tickets as well.

We get our (meager this year) bonus on Feb 23rd. We usually use our bonus to pay what we still owe on our Fed and State income taxes.

If necessary, I'll work another month or two to cover the net cost of the trip (vs. the differential savings and growth it would earn in the few years before retirement).

I'm more worried about her boots being inadequate for the projected near-zero-degree game temp. I have all kinds of cold-weather gear, but my feet are Mens 13 EEE or EEEE, hers are Women's 10.5, so too big a difference for her to wear a pair of mine.

I'm sure I'll see several of you at the game. I'll be the guy in the knit Bill's ski hat.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
We also had the easiest draw out of the 1st round. Gotta play the best to beat the best eventually in playoffs

I got to see bits of the game while at work. Both before and after the game, all I can say about the result is to quote Nate Diaz. Now a KC Divisional game is spicy sauce.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
We get our (meager this year) bonus on Feb 23rd. We usually use our bonus to pay what we still owe on our Fed and State income taxes.
I feel ya on this one. Not taxes for me, but sinking a bonus in “must-dos” not “want-tos”.

Love that you are getting to the KC game. 10 pair of socks for your wife and she’ll be good to go with your boots :)

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
Man, losing Bernard AND Taron really rips the heart out of the defense.
You could watch Taron coaching Kaiir before every snap. I'd say the dude doesn't get enough credit, but...

Bills slot cornerback Taron Johnson has been named to the Associated Press All-Pro Second Team, marking both the first time Johnson has made an All-Pro team and the first time that a slot corner position has been added to the roster.
link

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Once the Bills made the playoffs, My wife wanted to plan a Vegas trip for Feb 11th.
After seeing the cost of tickets (we knew we would likely go to a Super Bowl party somewhere in Vegas, not to the game itself given the cost of tickets), she course-corrected last week and bought plane tickets on Southwest to BUF for this coming w/e.
If the Steelers won, we would have applied them to another trip to another destination.
I told her the Sabres play a matinee on Saturday, so we grabbed a pair of those tickets as well.

If necessary, I'll work another month or two to cover the net cost of the trip (vs. the differential savings and growth it would earn in the few years before retirement).

I'm more worried about her boots being inadequate for the projected near-zero-degree game temp. I have all kinds of cold-weather gear, but my feet are Mens 13 EEE or EEEE, hers are Women's 10.5, so too big a difference for her to wear a pair of mine.

I'm sure I'll see several of you at the game. I'll be the guy in the knit Bill's ski hat.
Do your wife a favor and buy a 16 pack of hand/feet warmers on Amazon. Ya know the ones you shake/crack to react. Stuff those suckers in your boots and in your gloves if they will fit. Crack some fresh ones at half time. My poor circulation would def need those. My face/core/etc. can be fine in the elements. It's those fingers and toes lol.

Reactions: Ehran

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
It feels like that scene from goon where Rhea hears a sports report talking about Doug glatt finally getting a shot at the champ and Rhea just goes “ok”.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Someone who shall remain nameless, but who has some connections, is optimistic on the injury front and thinks there is a chance that Bernard and Benford could play against the Chiefs.

We should know more when McD has his media availability this afternoon.
We really need Bernard. Benford is great, but I think Jackson can hold up prety well opposite of Douglas. I dont want to think about the drop off in talent between Bernard and the next man up. Losing Johnson is pretty big.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
We really need Bernard. Benford is great, but I think Jackson can hold up prety well opposite of Douglas. I dont want to think about the drop off in talent between Bernard and the next man up. Losing Johnson is pretty big.

If Douglas can shadow Rice.........yeah, I agree that we're in an OK position to be fine by having Jackson on whatever other WR KC throws out there.

But no Milano, possibly no Bernard, possibly no Johnson? Holy shit is this setting up for Kelce to do something stupid -- like 15/200/2 stupid. Dodson and Klein are shit in coverage. Williams is a tick better, but raw as hell. Rapp/Poyer/Hyde.......they make me very nervous against Kelce.

This is shaping up to be another shootout -- Brady/Allen and company can't go to sleep for a quarter or two like they have been..........

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
TB and TJ are the two key guys that I hope can go on Sunday among the guys that went down yesterday.

Douglas and Spector should be good to go. But, TB & TJ are really unique with what they bring to the table and they will need them vs the Chiefs.

If Douglas can shadow Rice.........yeah, I agree that we're in an OK position to be fine by having Jackson on whatever other WR KC throws out there.

But no Milano, possibly no Bernard, possibly no Johnson? Holy shit is this setting up for Kelce to do something stupid -- like 15/200/2 stupid. Dodson and Klein are shit in coverage. Williams is a tick better, but raw as hell. Rapp/Poyer/Hyde.......they make me very nervous against Kelce.

This is shaping up to be another shootout -- Brady/Allen and company can't go to sleep for a quarter or two like they have been..........
The KC offense has only scored 30+ points 3 times in 18 games this year.

I doubt this will be a shootout.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Someone who shall remain nameless, but who has some connections, is optimistic on the injury front and thinks there is a chance that Bernard and Benford could play against the Chiefs.

We should know more when McD has his media availability this afternoon.
Praying Taron too. I’ve seen a few guys get back from protocol in one week. If we can get all these guys back, I’ll probably jump for joy as I don’t like KC’s chances here with most of these guys in the lineup. Bernard and Taron are huge for containing Kelce.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Praying Taron too. I’ve seen a few guys get back from protocol in one week. If we can get all these guys back, I’ll probably jump for joy as I don’t like KC’s chances here with most of these guys in the lineup. Bernard and Taron are huge for containing Kelce.
He came back the next week the last time he dealt with this. The first question is whether he was placed in concussion protocol or not. Then it will be wait and see.

Reactions: Asymmetric Solution

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Hopefully healthy.

Liked the ghosts of London to explain the extreme unnatural hooks on bass normally pefect balls. Hmmm bills golf handicap from cia/wwe/niffle we shake off and play thru so many holds pi it's impressive. F zebras

So many guys stepping up to do things twice and three times to punctuate, buffalo resilience and humble blue collar f u . Klein to elam even dane and heart. w steeelers trying to injure. Ed oliver wasn't fazed and 56 played tough

Shakir! Diggs Harty and tough line against heyward. Allen is amazing athlete and presence. 52 yards and rightly defers to shakirs effort Go

Reactions: HOOats and Dingo44

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
2-3 feet of more snow coming to Buffalo area, but through Thursday so hopefully they can clear the stadium again. :rolleyes:

The water bottle incident was great. Gotta be meme worth right?? Sorry if I missed it.
Romo said something about it and Michael's must of been told by the producers to skip it, he abruptly changed the subject.

1705438388771.png

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Per Field Yates: Fournette being released.

Perhaps for addition of another player (punter, corner, or LB ?)

Last edited:

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013

Buying a merino underlayer overall as first layer has been the best investment of my life (aclima warm wool, should be able to find something similar in the states). Complete game changer compared to two piece underlayers. Maybe you have a great set already but for a game like that I'd make sure to have a good solution.

I'd go triple layer on feet.

Reactions: Paxon

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

That takes me back to my days travelling from South Buffalo to Canisius. Drove by that plant 5 days a week....smelled sooooooooo good.

Didn't look like it to me. Looked like a guy trying to make a play to tackle Shakir, but Diggs got in front of him.
The way it looked to me, I legit think that Myles Jack thought Diggs had the ball and straight-up tackled the wrong guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad