Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I've wrote this a couple times and I'll write it again: Shakir's draft year scouting report reads like Diggs' draft year scouting report. I don't think he's a slot receiver. I think he's a multi-use receiver like Diggs, and given more opportunity, you'll see more Diggs-type play.
I agree, and his YAC ability is I think best on the team already

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I agree, and his YAC ability is I think best on the team already
Yeah. Shakir, Diggs, and Kincaid sounds like a pretty good trio going into next season. We'll need a bit of depth and a unique skillset to add, but I like that trio for the next year or two until Diggs slows down.

I'm a big fan of Shakir. I think he can be a good #2 WR in this league.

Reactions: buffa dud

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Yeah. Shakir, Diggs, and Kincaid sounds like a pretty good trio going into next season. We'll need a bit of depth and a unique skillset to add, but I like that trio for the next year or two until Diggs slows down.

I'm a big fan of Shakir. I think he can be a good #2 WR in this league.
I'm a big fan of Shakir in the slot WR role that is top 3 in targets with Diggs and Kincaid. But, I don't know that he can be a good boundary WR.

I think they do need to invest in the boundary WR position as a replacement for Davis and and upgrade on Sherfield.

Reactions: Zman5778 and Husko

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
The internet hates Josh Allen and the Bills. It was inevitable, but it still kinda sucks. And Steelers fans being such incredible pissbabies is a real eye opener.
No one HATES Josh. Just envious or attempting to push narratives. The man is like a golden retriever. Not surprised about Steelers fans.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Hoping Haack only makes appearances to hold on Sunday if he ends up stepping in for Martin. I've never seen anyone else take as long as he does to only boot it 40-45 yards max every time

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I can't wait for the Araiza fans to get upset.

But, they won't trust a guy with 0 NFL regular season or postseason punts and only 1 preseason punt on his resume when we are in the playoffs.

I don’t think it’s even about the punts. Haack was an excellent holder for us on FGs/PATs. I don’t think Araiza even did that in college. The team needs to set Bass up for success when they’re relying on him for points a lot more than it needs a strong-legged punter.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
I'd love to see his crew's tendencies home vs away. Plenty of NFL refs really lean into home cooking.

And if the Bills get some homer calls, we might get to see Mahomes have a melt down ala Pickens on Monday.

Update:

Hochuli's crew has been above average in home cooking this season with below average penalty% against the home team and an above average home team winning%.

Good catch. Keep reposting

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I'd love to see his crew's tendencies home vs away. Plenty of NFL refs really lean into home cooking.

And if the Bills get some homer calls, we might get to see Mahomes have a melt down ala Pickens on Monday.

Update:

Hochuli's crew has been above average in home cooking this season with below average penalty% against the home team and an above average home team winning%.

Isn’t KC something like 11-2 in games he refs? With the Bills holding an almost inversely bad record? I’m not feeling good about the ref draw for this one.

Edit: I double checked the stats. KC is 8-2 with this guy, and the Bills are 1-3. Pretty sure we won’t be getting any home cooking. This very well may be a game where we have to beat both our opponent and the refs.

Last edited:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Isn’t KC something like 11-2 in games he refs? With the Bills holding an almost inversely bad record? I’m not feeling good about the ref draw for this one.
KC is 2-0 with Hochuli this season (1 home & 1 away) and the Bills are 0-1 (@ PHI).

In 16 games that Hochuli has ref'd this season, the road team has had more calls against them in 9 games, the home team has had more calls against in 6 games, and 1 game was a tie.

And the home team is 10-6 in those 16 games.

The bigger issue on Sunday will be the turnover battle.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I've wrote this a couple times and I'll write it again: Shakir's draft year scouting report reads like Diggs' draft year scouting report. I don't think he's a slot receiver. I think he's a multi-use receiver like Diggs, and given more opportunity, you'll see more Diggs-type play.
Good scouting!

He reminds me more of a Zay Flowers clone (that's good). I'm not sure what type of upside is there, but at present rate that would just be a added bonus.

Did you guys hear Josh say teams are now Game planning for Shakir ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Der Jaeger

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
KC is 2-0 with Hochuli this season (1 home & 1 away) and the Bills are 0-1 (@ PHI).

In 16 games that Hochuli has ref'd this season, the road team has had more calls against them in 9 games, the home team has had more calls against in 6 games, and 1 game was a tie.

While I understand and agree with your concern re: officiating, home vs. road "bias" can't be discerned from which team had more calls and which team had fewer. To be meaningful, we'd actually need to know what calls were made erroneously and what calls were not made that were so blatant they arguably should have been called (i.e., calls that each of the other ~15 officiating crews would have made without hesitation).

I agree with your hierarchy of factors.

1. Turnovers
2. Turnovers for, (i.e., takeaways)
3. Injuries (Bills can't survive the same number of injuries vs. KC as they did vs. PIT)
4. Weather (related: the ball will be a rock)
5. Special teams (related: the ball will be a rock)

the x-factor: (i.e., could range as high as #1, could be #6 or even lower):
How the Bills scheme Kelce. I will start punching people in the crowd if the Bills play another game giving him 5+ yard unimpeded from the line of scrimmage without a chuck / bump / karate chop / judo kick / shiv / three stooges eye poke / bludgeon with a medieval mace at the line immediately when the ball is snapped.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021

That Philadelphia game was every bit as offensive to me as the Detroit debacle, and it pisses me off that anyone on that crew is still officiating at this point in the season. As a group, they flat out ****ing sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad