Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Some things the 12 vs 11 personnel debate needs to take into account are that Kincaid is a rookie, and the Bills are 6 games into a season where they want to use more 12 personnel.

If by next year at this time, 12 personnel isn't working, then there's a discussion to be had.
It's also interesting to harp on ineffective 12 personnel when they just played by far their worst offensive game of the season without one of their tight ends and their other playing hurt. I haven't seen the numbers, but I'd wager yesterday was their lowest 12 personnel split of the year.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo

Sure hope 17 listens to his teammates re: the above and overall.

We need wild and free Josh, he'll calibrate his risk-taking through the ups and downs. Let the man ball out and run around. He's not Tom Brady and the sooner the staff relents on that the better imo.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The best point I heard today on the last play was that of course it was pass interference…why wouldn’t you interfere? The only punishment is that they are…still at the 1 yard line and get to play again. Where you should cheat every play until the refs don’t flag you. They forced the ref to make a choice if he was going to flag them twice. He chose not to. And if he had…you don’t actually lose anything.

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
The best point I heard today on the last play was that of course it was pass interference…why wouldn’t you interfere? The only punishment is that they are…still at the 1 yard line and get to play again. Where you should cheat every play until the refs don’t flag you. They forced the ref to make a choice if he was going to flag them twice. He chose not to. And if he had…you don’t actually lose anything.

I don't think the ball would go back to the 1 yard line -- I think it's a half-the-distance situation......which then brings the nearly-unstoppable Tush Push into play.

Hell, the G-men could have used it last night to possibly win the game.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I don't think the ball would go back to the 1 yard line -- I think it's a half-the-distance situation......which then brings the nearly-unstoppable Tush Push into play.

Hell, the G-men could have used it last night to possibly win the game.
Nope, PI in the end zone gets put at the one, even if it's already there. E2: Apparently it is half the distance? I've heard a number of people on radio/TV talking about it like it would just go to the one again, and that's how I've always thought it was enforced, but maybe not? Looked it up and you are correct, if the line of scrimmage is inside the 2 it's a half the distance to the goal foul.

EDIT: And apparently the Giants had a couple players injured the last time they tried the tush push, so they may have swore it off. I don't think every QB/line can run it as well as Philly does - although we're definitely one of the teams that should be able to.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Nope, PI in the end zone gets put at the one, even if it's already there. E2: Apparently it is half the distance? I've heard a number of people on radio/TV talking about it like it would just go to the one again, and that's how I've always thought it was enforced, but maybe not? Looked it up and you are correct, if the line of scrimmage is inside the 2 it's a half the distance to the goal foul.

EDIT: And apparently the Giants had a couple players injured the last time they tried the tush push, so they may have swore it off. I don't think every QB/line can run it as well as Philly does - although we're definitely one of the teams that should be able to.

Yeah, I forgot about that with the Giants......they may have sworn off the Tush Push.

As far as PI/penalties go.......maybe everyone is right? Maybe PI would go back to the one but holding/illegal contact/etc would be half the distance?

And I love how everyone is like "Just do it ad nauseum until you legally stop them"......nah, fam. That ain't how it works. Give an offense enough tries from the 1 and they'll be successful.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
hat with the Giants......they may have sworn off the Tush Push.

As far as PI/penalties go.......maybe everyone is right? Maybe PI would go back to the one but holding/illegal contact/etc would b
I looked it up in the NFL rulebook, it's half the distance to the goal if the original snap was from inside the 2. So yeah it would have moved it to the half-yard line.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Allen has been desperately in need of a #2 WR for years…

No interest in doing that.

A back who gets two carries a game goes down…

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Will be interesting to see if they sign Fournette to the active roster or to the practice squad (like they did with Norman and Kirksey before he retired). A PS signing to add depth they can elevate if needed makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: 26CornerBlitz

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Is Higgins available? Because that's what you need if you want an upgrade for Davis.

The guy is a good #2 wide receiver (26th in the league in yards, T-4th in the league for TDs). What people apparently want is a #1b receiver playing on a team with an Elite #1. You aren't getting that guy on October 17th.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Reactions: ValJamesDuex

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Fournette's strengths: Blitz Pickup, screens, dump offs, once had 100 receiving targets playing with Brady. Not great metrics running: 3.5 ypc, last in league yards expected last season.
I'm fine with it as a Harris replacement for now, they also have Ty Johnson on the practice squad. I did read something about Cook missing a couple blitz pickups this past week. I think they have a obsession with keeping Josh healthy, and so they should probably after the shoulder and concussion precautions and being on the injury report this week.

Trade deadline is in 2 weeks: Not much chatter on who is available some say Tennessee "might" move Hopkins for a mid rounder. Does Thielen make any sense ? (Carolina connection) I would like to see an upgrade on Sherfield and wr3 and low cost.

Here are NFL WR2 stats, Davis is 3rd in yds and tied 1st in TD's, despite weaknesses (seperation, drops, etc).
1697539184672.png

Prediction: Josh and Daboll will team up again one day...

Last edited:
Reactions: Der Jaeger

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Is Higgins available? Because that's what you need if you want an upgrade for Davis.

The guy is a good #2 wide receiver (26th in the league in yards, T-4th in the league for TDs). What people apparently want is a #1b receiver playing on a team with an Elite #1. You aren't getting that guy on October 17th.
Cin are not trading him to a conference rival while fighting for the playoffs

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Sorry I didn’t lay the sarcasm in thick enough. My point was, you aren’t getting a player better than Davis through a trade.

Unrelated, check out the post game handshakes. Yikes.
agreed most likely, can they improve on Sherfield/Harty? If usage is less, and they want Kincaid ramped up also unlikely unless price is low.

Josh and Daboll will be together again one day imo.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
agreed most likely, can they improve on Sherfield/Harty? If usage is less, and they want Kincaid ramped up also unlikely unless price is low.
It doesn't matter if they add a more talented WR if Josh Allen refuses to throw to them because he doesn't trust them.

This isn't Madden. Ken Dorsey cannot make Josh Allen throw to guys not named Stefon Diggs.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
It doesn't matter if they add a more talented WR if Josh Allen refuses to throw to them because he doesn't trust them.

This isn't Madden. Ken Dorsey cannot make Josh Allen throw to guys not named Stefon Diggs.
I dont think that is the complete issue tbh but certainly could be part of it. It's not Madden, it's a previous version of the offense with Daboll when they would go up big on teams and make conference finals. I loved how they used Sanders when he was here at wr3. Josh is missing open guys and not looking off safeties anymore as well. We will see how it plays out, he is still getting banged up not running as much and playing under center more. I'm not optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad