Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
I would take that bet with anyone.
The drama of some fans is ridiculous. This is the NFL. All the time you hear “oh look at all these injuries, team X is going to struggle with Y and Z”. Then the team balls out.

Especially on prime time, I’m not shocked at all that this was a dog fight. Add in that you’re playing your old coach who spend an obscene amount of time with your QB and knows his biggest weaknesses.

Good teams win these games. Historically the bills have lost. So I guess we should take solace in the win.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I would take that bet with anyone.

:dunno: I want this team to play up to its talent level, but I just haven’t seen anything this season that suggests that’s about to happen. They’ve been losing to or barely scraping by teams they should be walking over. They played a good, complete game against Miami, but nothing else they’ve done this season inspires any real confidence.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
:dunno: I want this team to play up to its talent level, but I just haven’t seen anything this season that suggests that’s about to happen. They’ve been losing to or barely scraping by teams they should be walking over. They played a good, complete game against Miami, but nothing else they’ve done this season inspires any real confidence.

They have literally “scraped by” one team this season and it was last night. They beat the Commanders 37-3, raiders 38-10, and dolphins 48-20. They lost to a division winning Jaguars and a Jets team that arguably has the best defense in the league on a punt return in OT.

I get it, they should have played better today, but there are a lot of reasons this game shouldn’t be surprising.

It’s week 6. They need to be peaking in week 18. We’ve seen enough of bills teams that peak in October.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Bill's were lucky, teams outgained in yardage and -2 in turnovers were 4-12-1 recently.

WR 2-4 is my biggest worry beyond injuries, Nothing from the WR3 spot Sherfield in 6 weeks. 6 weeks to get Harty a small impact play.

Davis is making it easy for them to move on from him, no separation, no yac, drops, etc
They need the run game to setup the passing game right now, and while play action is good, having to rely on it tells a story.

Last edited:

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
I wonder how Daboll antics go over with his players. On multiple occasions we’ve seen him go off on his QB after a decision he disagreed with. Seems like a good way to undermine your QBs confidence and lead to more poor decision making.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
They look terrible. but the Eagles and Niners lost to backup QBs today. it’s the league.

Also fire Dorsey
Burrow finished with 185 passing yards, 2 TDs and an interception, yesterday.

Mahomes finished with 300 passing yards 1 TD and an interception.

Week-to-week, it's a weird league.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

I hear you and they haven’t played great 3 of their 6 games (but won one on those). That’s true of lots of teams like ravens and jaguars. The chiefs have laid two or three eggs as well. And our other three wins were blowouts.

Relative to the rest of the conference, we’re still too 3 or 4 by even what you’re describing.

Reactions: Waterfowlist

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Daboll and martindale exposed alot of holes and weaknesses, maybe egos. It will help
I do not believe they exposed much of anything.

This offense was built around 12 personnel. Last night they were without Kincaid and Knox was not at full strength with that wrist injury that hurt him as a blocker. And a lot of the struggles are not anything the Giants did. But, it's some of the usual decision-making and play-calling issues that existed before last night on top of not taking care of the ball.

And I do not believe there are any issues in the locker room right now.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I hear you and they haven’t played great 3 of their 6 games (but won one on those). That’s true of lots of teams like ravens and jaguars. The chiefs have laid two or three eggs as well. And our other three wins were blowouts.

Relative to the rest of the conference, we’re still too 3 or 4 by even what you’re describing.
KC has had some rough games and Mahomes has thrown two fewer TDs, one fewer INT, and is completing 3% less passes than Allen? I cannot believe this narrative since no talking heads have said anything remotely like that.

:sarcasm:

Jalen Hurts has thrown 7 TDs (6 less than Allen) and 7 INTs (1 more than Allen).

Hurts played in the Super Bowl last year.

In 2021, the Bills had what many people believe is the best shot at winning the SB of the McBeane era.

That year they lost to Jacksonville 9-6. With Daboll as the OC.

They got smoked by the Colts 41-15.

They lost 14-10 to the Patriots.

They lost in OT to the Bucs to drop to 7-6.

Then they flipped a switch and won four straight to close out the regular season averaging 30 points per game.

This team has the ability to flip that switch. The only question is will they.

But, there are like 6-8 teams in the NFL in the same boat.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Then they flipped a switch and won four straight to close out the regular season averaging 30 points per game.

I would even go and say that the switch really wasn't completely flipped (at least offensively) during those 4 games, outside of the Pats game @ Gilette.

Carolina - washed up Newton+no CMC. Lost their kicker pre-game and couldn't settle for field goals, yet they were sorta hanging around until fairly late, really slow start to game
Atlanta - 3 pick game from Josh
Jets - Defense balled out but it was 13-10 until the 2 4th quarter tds

Got some outside help for the division with the Pats being slapped by the Colts too fwiw

Switch turned on for the playoffs. As long as that happens things SHOULD be fine, we've seen what they're capable of.

Reactions: Jim Bob

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
I do not believe they exposed much of anything.

This offense was built around 12 personnel. Last night they were without Kincaid and Knox was not at full strength with that wrist injury that hurt him as a blocker. And a lot of the struggles are not anything the Giants did. But, it's some of the usual decision-making and play-calling issues that existed before last night on top of not taking care of the ball.

And I do not believe there are any issues in the locker room right now.

Not what im saying , timing rushes and blitz specifically for josh and anticipation of telegraph calls etc, I thought we adjusted well second half

LetsGoBuffalo1126

Nov 17, 2021
I truly try to look at the bright side for any situation. Negativity begets negativity in my world. However, I don't know that I've ever been more unsatisfied with a win in my life as a fan. I understand the injuries and the fact the Daboll knows Allen and Dorsey better than anyone in the league, but that game had no business being that close. All teams go through these spells, indeed, but it just feels like the Bills are spinning their wheels here and never seem to gain any meaningful traction that can carry them for longer stretches of the season.
The one glimmer for me is that they actually found a way to win the game as opposed to previous teams, who probably would've melted under the pressure.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
KC has had some rough games and Mahomes has thrown two fewer TDs, one fewer INT, and is completing 3% less passes than Allen? I cannot believe this narrative since no talking heads have said anything remotely like that.

:sarcasm:

Jalen Hurts has thrown 7 TDs (6 less than Allen) and 7 INTs (1 more than Allen).

Hurts played in the Super Bowl last year.

In 2021, the Bills had what many people believe is the best shot at winning the SB of the McBeane era.

That year they lost to Jacksonville 9-6. With Daboll as the OC.

They got smoked by the Colts 41-15.

They lost 14-10 to the Patriots.

They lost in OT to the Bucs to drop to 7-6.

But, there are like 6-8 teams in the NFL in the same boat.

This is a fair point. It just feels like, between half the games being pretty lackluster and all of the injuries piling up, this may not be our season.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
A few notes:
Kincaid-Knox have 212 yds in 6 (5 for Kincaid) games now in 12 personel.
Josh does not look comfortable when under center.
Davis seems to be struggling more without a 3rd receiver on the field
Cover1 has multiple instances of Josh not seeing open receivers last night (Sherfield, Cook).
Josh has a sore shoulder per wgr, expect him to come up on the injury report.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
This is a fair point. It just feels like, between half the games being pretty lackluster and all of the injuries piling up, this may not be our season.
There are teams that were viewed as contenders heading into this season and are having various issues so far this season. I think it is too early to make huge statements about the Bills or teams like the Bengals or the Eagles or the Chiefs or the 49ers or a few other teams.

The 49ers looked unstoppable before yesterday. And then they lost to a Browns team who started a QB that plenty of NFL fans couldn't pick out of a lineup.

The injuries are a legit concern. But, plenty of teams are dealing with their own injuries. What nobody can predict today is who is healthy, hot, and lucky in the playoffs. Those three variables will be a bigger factor than any fans want to believe.

A few notes:
Kincaid-Knox have 212 yds in 6 (5 for Kincaid) games now in 12 personel.
Josh does not look comfortable when under center.
Davis seems to be struggling more without a 3rd receiver on the field
Cover1 has multiple instances of Josh not seeing open receivers last night (Sherfield, Cook).
Josh has a sore shoulder per wgr, expect him to come up on the injury report.
If Josh doesn't look comfortable under center, then why are his stats when it is play action from under center insane Madden on easy type numbers?

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Go back to 11 personnel, Josh under center, and play action. Analytics don't lie. Line up Kincaid as a WR instead of a TE.

Reactions: Der Jaeger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad