Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
On the bright side, the offense scored 14 points on their two real drives in the second half.
They made an adjustment and it worked. Had the game gone on longer, and the last drive wasn't simply trying to run out the clock, this would have turned into the score line we expected. They just have to not put themselves in a hole first.

Reactions: Zman5778

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Kiiar Elam is a major problem against good teams. They need Dane Jackson bad.

I also wonder how big the void from Kincaid was today. Even though he hasn’t had a lot of catches, teams know he is a threat and have to pay attention to him. But maybe I’m reaching for a reason.

On positive, Allen has learned when to run and when to pass. And the answer is almost always pass.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Two big ones:

- The injuries on D have absolutely fundamentally changed the defense. The d-line isn't dominant, the corners are a weakness, and my god we miss Matt Milano.

The cap space is limited and the time is short. I think BBB has to pick and address at least one. Corner is probably easiest. I think D-tackle the depth is there to at least maintain. Probably at least some time to see if there is a good coverage LB available. Don't need a star there, but someone to play in obvious passing situations would be nice.

I'm not sure he can use any cap space to shore up CB/coverage LB. We can't go into games with just 2 RBs......there's a pretty good chance he's going to have to sign one, so that'll eat into whatever space there is available.

I think we've just gotta go with what we've got.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Kiiar Elam is a major problem against good teams. They need Dane Jackson bad.

I also wonder how big the void from Kincaid was today. Even though he hasn’t had a lot of catches, teams know he is a threat and have to pay attention to him. But maybe I’m reaching for a reason.

On positive, Allen has learned when to run and when to pass. And the answer is almost always pass.
We should have both those guys back for next week against the Patriots.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I've been really impressed with Dorian Williams. He had an almost impossible job of replacing Milano and has handled himself well.

Also, I've been hoping Elam would find his game, but he's been downright bad.

Williams did indeed impress me tonight. He looked solid.

Elam I thought was OK outside of two plays. He made a couple of sure tackles at the end.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
I thought the entire team did well against the ghost of dickn past. Daboll and tyrod certainly know us and this was their redemption this year. Be kind to the bills. They won a tough family game against a motivated team . Next .

F u nfl zebra zookeepers and zappers

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Hot take: Elam isn't great, but there's some plays where he's looking bad but it's actually the safety to his side getting exposed. Those deep shots when he's in press coverage aren't on him.

The sad reality is Hyde and Poyer have both lost a step and it's an exploitable part of the defense.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Hot take: Elam isn't great, but there's some plays where he's looking bad but it's actually the safety to his side getting exposed. Those deep shots when he's in press coverage aren't on him.

The sad reality is Hyde and Poyer have both lost a step and it's an exploitable part of the defense.
Elam will stopptrying to get away w college or he'll sit. Safeties are just biding their time and bodies

StlSwedes

Dec 3, 2009
We all would have loved more splash plays from the defense but Tyrod plus the Giants game plan wasn't going to give us those and the Bills offensive woes created a game script that kept the defense from being able to pin their ears back.

The defense ultimately held the Giants to 9 points, had a bunch of success defending the red zone, and won us a game where we lost the turnover battle. Kudos to the defense.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY

Generally speaking when it's thrown immediately (like it was on both Slayton balls) it means the CB missed their jam at the line. No safety's getting over in that scenario unless they're pre-shaded to that side, such I don't think the Bills were doing tonight.

I do think poyer's lost a step, tbh, but I think Hyde's been quite good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad