Value of: Sean Monahan to Winnipeg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
A big part of them playing well is Namestnikov on a sheltered second line. He's much better defensively than Monahan and has the same amount of points.

He probably shouldn't be the 2C on a playoff team, but Monahan isn't the answer either.
Sorry but Saying that Namesnikov is better than Monahan is like saying that a big mac is better than a steak

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
Sorry but Saying that Namesnikov is better than Monahan is like saying that a big mac is better than a steak
Well, by Habs fan reasoning exhibited in this thread, if Monahan is comparable to Lindholm because they are close in points this season, then Namestnikov is comparable to Monahan for the same reason…
Monahan: GP-39, G-10, A-13, Pts-23
Lindholm: GP-40, G-8, A-17, Pts-25
Namestnikov: GP-36, G-5, A-18, Pts-23
actually, Namestnikov has done it in fewer games, so I guess he’s better…

Last edited:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Well, by Habs fan reasoning exhibited in this thread, if Monahan is comparable to Lindholm because they are close in points this season, then Namestnikov is comparable to Monahan for the same reason…
Monahan: GP-39, G-10, A-13, Pts-23
Lindholm: GP-40, G-8, A-17, Pts-25
Namestnikov: GP-36, G-5, A-18, Pts-23
actually, Namestnikov has done it in fewer games, so I guess he’s better…
I don't know what's in Winipeg's water but they should do tests. Canadiens fans are known for overestimating the value of their players and I agree that we do that sometimes. But some Winipeg fans are on another planet….good luck in the playoff with your second center Namesnikov…😂

• Haha
Reactions: Bluenotes27

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
No… comparing Monahan to Namestnikov is more like comparing a Big Mac to a Quarter Pounder…neither one may be good for you long term, but the one is overpriced

…anyone else suddenly craving McDonald’s

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
For real Monahan is not a top 6 in WPG but fans will love to have him as their 3rd C that can play PK and also PP, he is very good at everything but not great offensively, if my team gave up a 2nd and a B prospect for him I would be ok with it.

Reactions: Nevins

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
For real Monahan is not a top 6 in WPG but fans will love to have him as their 3rd C that can play PK and also PP, he is very good at everything but not great offensively, if my team gave up a 2nd and a B prospect for him I would be ok with it.
He’s not better than Lowry… sorry… we don’t need him at all… wait, we might need an arena night janitor

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
We already have one of the best 3C's in our Captain, Adam Lowry

Reactions: Snowman

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Honestly a 2nd 2024 gets it done for me, maybe 1 AHL player to help Laval also.
I agree and I know a Winipeg fan who support this. But others will only offer a sixth round pick….

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
He’s not better than Lowry… sorry… we don’t need him at all… well.. might need a night janitor
No he is not you are right, he can play LW and you never have too many center come PO time. Not saying WPG absolutely need Monahan.

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
I agree and I know a Winipeg fan who support this. But others will only offer a sixth round pick….
He’s definitely worth more than a 6th… personally, if I was looking to acquire him, I’d give a 2nd straight up, no add, but not the MTL 2nd, that’s too much.
You want an add, it’s a 3rd+

As for the WPG fan who supports acquiring him… everyone is entitled to have an opinion on what they think is best for their team

Reactions: Nevins

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
much rather have adam lowry as our 3c then monahan....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad