Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 263 75.1%
  • Florida

Votes: 87 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Tampa fan here, cry me a river Panthers. You loved it when Maurice had 3 goals pulled down versus Tampa. Yeah, those didn't impact the series. Maybe Maurice should ask Cooper how he dealt with it. But since this was only one goal...

I'm not a Panthers fan. Point was this is a decisive moment in the game & despite saying it at the time (along with the missed calls b4 the 3-0 goal being as big) I was criticized, so I found it interesting that an American national writer who picked the Oilers to win the cup at the beginning of the season saw the same thing that I saw.

Both calls & non-calls can make a difference this time of year, Bruins fans saw it in game 5 2019 for example.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I feel like Maurice is coming across as a coach who cannot adjust. And him saying stuff like "I'm not really coaching, it's all the guys out there" makes me feel like he's not going to adjust, either.

Reactions: Felidae and iam76

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I feel like Maurice is coming across as a coach who cannot adjust. And him saying stuff like "I'm not really coaching, it's all the guys out there" makes me feel like he's not going to adjust, either.
He's adjusted by inserting Lomberg and Cousins and putting them out there in baffling key situations, along with OEL.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Cup goes to Edmonton and this finals will make history: The Oilers for the reverse-sweep in a final, and Panthers for the biggest f***-up in Stanley-Cup History.

Panthers are done.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The offside rule videos have been going for a long time. It's there for everyone and pretty much always works the same. Any fan of any team around the league has seen any number of goals called back season in and season out. We're going to change now? in the middle of the Stanley Cup finals? How would that be fair? Changing it now would actually be blatantly unfair and FWIW I don't think the NHL should change these video recall of goals at all. It's one of the few constraints on on ice officials that force them kind of to get something right at least most of the time.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
If this franchise fans are gift wrapped 2 of the top 3 players of all time and then the greatest comeback of all time…. That’s just not fair

Reactions: dhfa

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
It’s unclear how Florida can win game 7. Anything can happen in one game of course, but the Oil has been absolutely relentless in the last three games, and Florida has not had any answers. Not even close.

I can’t imagine how devastating this loss could be to the Panthers’ franchise. How do you even recover from something like this? This type of comebacks virtually never happen at this level.

Last edited:
Reactions: dhfa

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC

To be fair, I think this « I’m not really coaching » thing is a cliché that every coaches would say.

And I think it’s also true anyways. Or it should be at least.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
"First of all I hate it, its another one of these couple of pixels type of calls that takes a good goal off the board, its the danger of having offside reviews... (blurb about the infamous Duchene goal)

"It cannot be stressed enough how much of a pivot point in this game this was, and both teams talked about it. This was a moment in which the Panthers responded 10 seconds after Adam Henriques goal, to cut the lead to 2-1, Maurice said "thats the spark we needed" and they didn't get it. They got it taken off the board, its a 2-0 game again, Hyman scores late in the period 3-0 and were going back to Sunrise at that point so..

Whether you agree with the call or disagree agree with the call...... it doesnt matter, it truly was the pivot point in the game in my opinion, because you could feel the Panthers could've pushed after that & found their game, and it sapped their energy I think after getting that call taken off the board"

- Greg Wyshynski, 'the drop post game'

Just wanted to post this for the Oilers fans that gave me crap in the GDT for saying - from an analysis POV - that this was the moment in which the Panthers lost the game (@Oilslick941611)
That was definitely the moment the game looked the closest. They had jump after 2-0, and seemed to be deflated after the goal was reversed.

Oilers go up 1-0, that Hyman goal, Panthers anemic PP, and it's goodnight. The game was barely competitive. Florida at least looked and played desperate, but not good nor organized in any way.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
It’s unclear how Florida can win game 7. Anything can happen in one game of course, but the Oil has been absolutely relentless in the last three games, and Florida has not had any answers. Not even close.

I can’t imagine how devastating this loss could be to the Panthers’ franchise. How do even recover from something like this? This type of comebacks virtually never happen at this level.
Meh, it's not that dramatic. It would be a brutal way to lose for the fans, no doubt, but losing in the finals, even like this, is still better for overall fan interest than not making it at all.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
My biggest question is how does the Oilers winning the Cup change the "Bettman hates Canadian teams" narrative.

A. Bettman has changed his mind and now loves Canada
B. Bettman let a Canadian team win one Cup to hide his hatred
C. Oilers won the Cup despite Bettman trying to prevent it from happening

Reactions: Farmboy Patty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad