SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Still rooting for Panthers. But if McDavid and Edmonton completes the comeback I can’t be mad. You can make a movie of their legendary season, with the disastrous start to the season and worst possible start to the finals only to get the biggest reward in the end.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
At the start of this series I said either team would be a worthy Cup winner. Still believe this, best 2 teams left standing. Oilers not packing it in down 0-3. Florida making it to the cup finals 2 years in a row. Not an insignificant achievement. Let the best team in game 7 win. Can’t ask for more from these 2 most deserving teams.

NikolaTesla

Aug 2, 2009
What is happening is crazy especially when considering that the oilers were so far from a playoff spot 2 months into the league. They came back in the race with an insane win streak. Now theyre coming back from a 0-3 deficit in the SC final. Crazy shit.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Btw McDavid, Draisaitl, Hyman & Bouchard, also Nuge(?), are truly amazing.

Oilers should not be able to win a Cup with that defense and that goalie. They're carrying the f*** out of the team.

When was the last time a team won the cup with a starting goalie as "meh" as the Oilers?

I know they haven't won it yet but I honestly never believed McDavid would win a Cup in Edmonton due to their Front Office, so-so prospects, their D and G.

McDavid is so f***ing good. I wonder how many points and how many cups he'll end up with.

P.s Edmonton fans - do you think Draisaitl will stay? Or do you think he'll try to cash in and also become the undisputed #1 on another team?

An Oilers cup win would fix HF. The race to be "Canada's team" would be over; hockey fans across Canada could finally relax; Oilers fans would no longer have any enemies. It would usher in an era of peace few have ever seen.

If the Oilers win the Cup, the Maple Leafs or Flames or Canucks or whoever can go 82-0 next season and then 16-0 in the playoffs, and I won't say a word beyond "congratulations" before putting on my Edmonton Oilers Stanley Cup Champions hat and going for a walk.
Good points.

It would be kinda nice to see a canadian team finally win a Cup again, it's been ages.

Also super hilarious if Edmonton does it before Toronto.

Reactions: KnightofBoston

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
The Panthers are cooked. They should be embarrassed for letting the Stanley Cup slip away from their grasp like this.
I have to agree after looking at their post game reactions. First loss Maurice just laughed. Second loss he said it's nothing things are still going to plan. Now they are in panic and disbelief and play scared hockey. Their PP is abysmal. Their famous forecheck is nonexistent. Their captain tries to convince people he's not worried but everyone can see they are so nervous there's simply no way they can recover from this. Oilers on the other hand are just flowing and playing their game with confidence. Cats will lose 4-1 at home while getting outshot. It won't be close.

A lot of hockey pundits are eating crow right now. At 3-0 they were basically saying it was a miracle the Oil got this far because they are not built like a championship team anyway. What a joke.

Last edited:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Panthers really have nothing to hang their hat on after game 6. Game 5 they could at least tell themselves they had that big push the last half of the game. Basically just have to try and forget everything up to this point now.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Betman can’t let Florida lose - it will destroy the franchise

They will be in Houston in 5 years

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
I have to agree after looking at their post game reactions. First loss Maurice just laughed. Second loss he said it's nothing things are still going to plan. Now they are in panic and disbelief and play scared hockey. Their PP is abysmal. Their famous forecheck is nonexistent. Their captain tries to convince people he's not worried but everyone can see they are so nervous there's simply no way they can recover from this. Oilers on the other hand are just flowing and playing their game with confidence. They'll lose 4-1 at home while getting outshot. It won't be close.

A lot of hockey pundits are eating crow right now. At 3-0 they were basically saying it was a miracle the Oil got this far because they are not built like a championship team anyway. What a joke.
Tkachuk needs to step up big time. Same with Verhaege. Even Reinhart has slowed down. 8 goals??? 9 goals ish??? Outscored Hyman in the regular season. Meanwhile Hyman has the most goals in a playoff run since like... Joe Sakic?

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Are you giving the 2011 Canucks roses? Hell no.

You either win and you're legendary or you lose and everyone forgets about 2nd place next year.

There's no hypocrisy to it.
The 2011 Canucks collapsed and lost on home ice in game 7. Yeah they played in game 7 after failing to close out game six and having a 2-0 lead in the series. Not the same

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
"First of all I hate it, its another one of these couple of pixels type of calls that takes a good goal off the board, its the danger of having offside reviews... (blurb about the infamous Duchene goal)

"It cannot be stressed enough how much of a pivot point in this game this was, and both teams talked about it. This was a moment in which the Panthers responded 10 seconds after Adam Henriques goal, to cut the lead to 2-1, Maurice said "thats the spark we needed" and they didn't get it. They got it taken off the board, its a 2-0 game again, Hyman scores late in the period 3-0 and were going back to Sunrise at that point so..

Whether you agree with the call or disagree agree with the call...... it doesnt matter, it truly was the pivot point in the game in my opinion, because you could feel the Panthers could've pushed after that & found their game, and it sapped their energy I think after getting that call taken off the board"

- Greg Wyshynski, 'the drop post game'

Just wanted to post this for the Oilers fans that gave me crap in the GDT for saying - from an analysis POV - that this was the moment in which the Panthers lost the game (@Oilslick941611)

Reactions: Czechboy

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
"First of all I hate it, its another one of these couple of pixels type of calls that takes a good goal off the board, its the danger of having offside reviews... (blurb about the infamous Duchene goal)

"It cannot be stressed enough how much of a pivot point in this game this was, and both teams talked about it. This was a moment in which the Panthers responded 10 seconds after Adam Henriques goal, to cut the lead to 2-1, Maurice said "thats the spark we needed" and they didn't get it. They got it taken off the board, its a 2-0 game again, Hyman scores late in the period 3-0 and were going back to Sunrise at that point so..

Whether you agree with the call or disagree agree with the call...... it doesnt matter, it truly was the pivot point in the game in my opinion, because you could feel the Panthers could've pushed after that & found their game, and it sapped their energy I think after getting that call taken off the board"

- Greg Wyshynski, 'the drop post game'

Just wanted to post this for the Oilers fans that gave me crap in the GDT for saying - from an analysis POV - that this was the moment in which the Panthers lost the game (@Oilslick941611)
Tampa fan here, cry me a river Panthers. You loved it when Maurice had 3 goals pulled down versus Tampa. Yeah, those didn't impact the series. Maybe Maurice should ask Cooper how he dealt with it. But since this was only one goal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad