SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
This would be an awesome moment for the NHL if McDavid and company complete the historic comeback. Truly one of the single greatest post season runs EVER. A 3-0 comeback in the championship Finals while your best player and face of the league breaks and/or comes close to breaking several(previously assumed to be untouchable) Gretzky records/stats. One more win to complete the story and close out the great comeback of our time.

D1az

Oct 29, 2009
Finland
I'm not too happy about this, but McDavid with a Stanley cup is no disaster either. Would be exceptionally well deserved.

Would just be nice if the Panthers got out of whatever mental hole they are in now, and actually battle incredibly in game 7, regardless of how it ends.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
This would be an awesome moment for the NHL if McDavid and company complete the historic comeback. Truly one of the single greatest post season runs EVER. A 3-0 comeback in the championship Finals while your best player and face of the league breaks and/or comes close to breaking several(previously assumed to be untouchable) Gretzky records/stats. One more win to complete the story and close out the great comeback of our time.
And coming back from 0-3 down after also coming back from being a 31st place laughing stock around Thanksgiving earlier in the season. Will either be an extreme storybook cup win or one of those things where they came close but nobody remembers in a few years.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Regardless I feel pretty bad for whoever loses now. Edmonton sort of had the easy out to just get swept or lose in 5. If I’m McDavid and never go on to win a cup my biggest regret in 25 years will probably be that my team came back to force a game 7 here. In hindsight you’d rather lose this in 4 than lose in 7

That’s not how the minds of the elite in their given fields typically operate.

Hopefully, McDavid and the Oilers avoid a lot of future potential heartache and seal this incredible comeback, because nothing is guaranteed. We thought Crosby and the Penguins would win another Cup or two from 2009-2010 through 2014-2015, but instead they didn’t win a game past the second round and made just one 1 ECF.

I’d rather the argument against McDavid officially dies less than 72 hours from now, rather than having to deal with the unusual situation of battling all the way back from 3-0, losing in 7, probably winning the Conn Smythe, and having the gremlins crawl out to say “well, he just isn’t a winner…” for potentially years to come.

Norwegianoiler

Nov 17, 2014
Ok, this is just a ridiculous storyline so far.

Nonetheless, as it comes down to a game 7 and everyone is getting their narratives sorted, putting all sorts of value into fragments of the picture, be it a player's skill, a coach's decision, or a referee's call (or what not); let's just remember that the biggest single factor in games of hockey is always going to be coincidence.

Combine all the factors a team can control and you may mitigate chance to the point you can overcome it, but the odds of that happening when two great teams meet are indeed unfavorable. We'll get a winner, and some fans will pretend they knew all along, they called the decisive fragment, and pat themselves sore.. They'll act as if it was impossible for the loser to have won due to any number of pieces, players, and postulates. They'll act as if the winner was inevitable and indomitable, but it will be as delusional as it ever was.

I am ready for chance to release me, hurt me, or please me, but for f***'s sake hurry up and do it!

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
lol sure you are.
Ive seen a lot of winning and coming up short. Flames, blackhawks, drouin offside goal called back. Washington beating us. Getting swept by columbus, then having everyone say we were covid champs. Ive definitely dialed it way back on the ultra fandom, but ive been a lightning fan my whole life. We suck now and i knew we werent going to win anything this season, but all great things must come to an end. Some never get started. Anyway, i am a lightning fan whether you believe it or not. I got to see 3 cup wins and 2 superbowls with the bucs. I dont really expect to see my teams be good again for a long time, but thats alright.

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
Thanks alot Florida..... if you completely blow this... @Fixed to Ruin will be as insufferable as I was last year :sarcasm::naughty::laugh: and then @Czechboy and @Coffey will be happy and we can't be having that, well if they had better taste in teams we could :naughty::naughty::naughty:. Oiler fans being miserable is the natural order of the universe. :laugh::laugh:

I think there is now only one thing for it.

Go :edmonton Go

ekFTIULbGfkzzGC9sFQTuLBQvj0=.gif

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
the florida panthers are broken. if they lose game 7 it will be the biggest chokejob in scf history. oilers bring the cup back to canada since 93. breaking records. mcdavid will get a hatty

Reactions: mattihp

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
the florida panthers are broken. if they lose game 7 it will be the biggest chokejob in scf history. oilers bring the cup back to canada since 93. breaking records. mcdavid will get a hatty
Complete team win in game 6 but Mcdavid was oddly quiet. I would expect he has to come out possessed in game 7. Would be bizarre if he’s quiet in a game 7 finals as well.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Complete team win in game 6 but Mcdavid was oddly quiet. I would expect he has to come out possessed in game 7. Would be bizarre if he’s quiet in a game 7 finals as well.
yup mcdavid was quiet draistal with the lone assist. those two will drag their team to the finish line monday and finish the job

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
yeah...about that.....sorry but not sorry? ;)
I know you're not and you shouldn't be. It just proved my point about it being meaningless when they're out of gas.

People are acting like it was unlikely because games are supposedly 50/50. The problem is that 50/50 only applies when they're equally matched.

Game 7 isn't even, and anyone thinking the odds are equal is fooling themselves. We are not talking about a coin toss, we're talking about people.

I won't bother to watch... The Panthers have no one to blame but themselves when they lose. All smiles after game 3 as if that meant something. They deserve nothing.

"Just one more game."

• Wow
Reactions: snag

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Legendary run almost complete. As a hockey fan you just have to appreciate what we're seeing. Feel bad for Florida though, they look lost.
Only feel bad for the fans , the team is playing like hot trash. Last year they had the excuses of injuries but this year losing a 3-0 lead in the SCF is beyond crazy. 1 more chance for them at home , if they lose I wouldnt even be surprised if the arena is empty next season , we talking about the biggest pro team collapse if they lose game 7.

Reactions: CashMash

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I'd just like to point out that the guy currently in charge of the Oilers PK was also on Woodcroft's staff with no apparent role while the Oilers had the worst pk in the league until he was fired.

Yikes.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Well dang...haven't had a chance to follow the series super closely so far...

Looks like the Panthers are set to take game 7 at home after a close series.

Congrats to Oilers for taking it to a game 7! Well done and well fought. That was an admirable task given your lack of forward, defensive and goaltending depth.

It was a hell of series and all will remember how valiantly you pursued your dreams

BIeucheeseWithWings

Jul 9, 2022
Well dang...haven't had a chance to follow the series super closely so far...

Looks like
the Panthers are set to take game 7 at home after a close series.

Congrats to Oilers for taking it to a game 7! Well done and well fought. That was an admirable task given your lack of forward, defensive and goaltending depth.

It was a hell of series and all will remember how valiantly you pursued your dreams
Lol

Reactions: rboomercat90
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad