SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
2 more days until game 7. Then 4 days until the draft after that. Then 2 days after that free agency starts. Then in like 2 months preseason starts.

No matter who wins the cup, i am interested in how good or bad one of these teams look to start next season.

If the Panthers complete the choke, i could see them having a very bad start to the season. I just don't think choking a 3-0 series lead in the finals is something you can fully recover from. I would honestly have every player see a sports psychologist before next season. lol

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I hope the Oilers do win. It would be such a rewarding ending to one of the wackiest seasons ever

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
But he wasn't wrong
I think 99 of 100 replay people or coaches though opt to not challenge it. I think whoever their replay guy is would have been looking for a new job next year if that call isn’t overturned.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
So even if oilers lose you haters and doubters giving us credit for making last game of year?
No because the oilers just barely squeezed the Canucks, so the oilers being the final is an * and because they barely squeezed by the canucks the win against Dallas doesn’t count because we were playing too free with no expectations, and because we barely squeezed by the canucks the oilers just suck

• Haha
Reactions: tfwnogf

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
It's either offside or onside.

The only time I hear anyone wanting to do away with this rule is when a grey area would benefit their team.

If you don't want you call a black and white rule with black and white metrics why bother having it.

If the blue line was an inch wider then it wouldn't be offside. But then people would complain that it was just a half an inch outside of the extended blue line

I'm a Rangers fan rooting for Edmonton. So that part is out the window

The problem is sometimes it's so close it's not really black and white. Based on years of this being reviewed, I would not have been surprised with the call going either way.

To me, that means the call on the ice does not deserve to be overturned or looked at a second time.

Too close to matter.

Reactions: Laus723

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
McDavid is unbelievable. I wish this wasn’t happening against my team so I could enjoy it, but he’s probably about to drive his team to the “impossible.” Congrats to the Oil, I know how it felt to come back against Boston, this has to be a whole other level.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Did it hamper the game for 100 years or whatever before it was reviewed?

Would you even have ever questioned that goal if not for the hail mary review being available?

None of us would've given it a second thought.

A play like that being looked at and scroinized hurts the game more than helps it.

The ref didn't call offside. Nobody saw offsides until it was looked at frame by frame and it's still not a sure thing.

What happens when a ref gets it wrong the other way and play is stopped incorrectly? We'll never know.
I really dont know what to say to this. You are all acting like this is the first time a goal was called back because of an offside.

All i can say I’m glad you guys here aren’t in charge of the rule book.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I'm a Rangers fan rooting for Edmonton. So that part is out the window

The problem is sometimes it's so close it's not really black and white. Based on years of this being reviewed, I would not have been surprised with the call going either way.

To me, that means the call on the ice does not deserve to be overturned or looked at a second time.

Too close to matter.
Offsides should be reviewable.

You don't want a cup final game being decided by a play that was 2 feet offside.

So there is no "close"

The play is either onside or offside.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I really dont know to say to this. You are all acting like this is the first time a goal was called back because of an offside.

All i can say I’m glad you guys here aren’t in charge of the rule book.

No, it's not the first time. That's why I'm arguing. The rule sucks. A goal should be never be called back over a bullshit half inch where it's a coin flip if the ref calls offside and another coin flip if it's reversed or not

Reactions: Obo

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I think 99 of 100 replay people or coaches though opt to not challenge it. I think whoever their replay guy is would have been looking for a new job next year if that call isn’t overturned.
It was clearly offside though. Can you imagine if they reviewed it and didn’t over turn it? That would be insane.

No, it's not the first time. That's why I'm arguing. The rule sucks. A goal should be never be called back over a bullshit half inch where it's a coin flip if the ref calls offside and another coin flip if it's reversed or not
Agreed the rule sucks but if your going to review it get it right and they did

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Possibly but the way the special teams are right now, he felt OK about it.

It was a calculated gamble that paid off. I honestly don't think Fla was winning this game no matter what.

I'm rooting for them but they look slow, bufuddled, and frustrated.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Offsides should be reviewable.

You don't want a cup final game being decided by a play that was 2 feet offside.

So there is no "close"

The play is either onside or offside.

I'll take my chances.

Beats talking about this bullshit when Edmonton is about to come back from 0-3 down in the SCF

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Just get rid of offsides then. It’s a stupid rule anyway. Imagine all new strategies that it would open up.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
What about 2 feet offside, should it be called back?

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Did it hamper the game for 100 years or whatever before it was reviewed?

Would you even have ever questioned that goal if not for the hail mary review being available?

None of us would've given it a second thought.

A play like that being looked at and scroinized hurts the game more than helps it.

The ref didn't call offside. Nobody saw offsides until it was looked at frame by frame and it's still not a sure thing.

What happens when a ref gets it wrong the other way and play is stopped incorrectly? We'll never know.
Rules a rule. I'd rather have the right call than a BS wrong call mar the result. Sometimes, it's a game of inches

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Prevents someone like Tim Donaghy from turning the blind eye to the "bullshit half inch".Get the call right no matter how you do it

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
How many times has this happened?

I know there's one time, which is probably what initiated this rule change
Lots. Lots of offside challenges are way off side. Not 6 feet like Duchene but obviously offside

Rules a rule. I'd rather have the right call than a BS wrong call mar the result. Sometimes, it's a game of inches
That's all there is to it.

Enforce the rule or remove it

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
The only compromise I can come up with is initiating s review without looking at the iPads frame by frame.

If it's such an obvious missed call you are yelling about it before the puck even goes in.

Obviously not possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad