SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
As a Canucks fan, this is basically a nightmare scenario seeing a rival who eked by us look like they're pulling off a reverse sweep to win a cup.

Like Oilers fans will be able to feel good about that (if it happens) forever.

On the other hand, McDavid is doing something incredible and one has to respect that. He basically willed his team to two wins and, unlike in the past, the team seems to have the depth and coaching to pull the rope behind him.

I'm still hoping they don't win, but I can't say I won't respect it if they do.

And the Panthers? Woof. You're looking at joining the Buffalo Bills in infamy for pathetic chokers.

There was just this air of 'we did it, it's over' after 3 games and then they got absolutely rammed in game 4 and now they look overwhelmed.

Further, it looks like the enormity of the moment is weighing on them. Like every shift they realize, 'if we lose, I will never be allowed to forget this. Everyone else who has experienced this in the finals is literally dead of old age'.

And if you get caught thinking instead of reacting, you've already lost.

Fascinating series.

For the benefit of the rest of the league, at least it's going to be over soon. My God, what a joke of a schedule. Yeah, let's have the finals end one week prior to UFA, that sounds wise.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
So does Sam Gagner suit up for game 7 to get his name on the cup or would that make Oilers look overconfident.
I'm sure Gagner can replace Perry's minutes
Gagner will get one of the Cup Wildcard spots. No one is worried about that.

Reactions: Shibumi

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
The NFL doesn’t play series but the Patriots being down 28-3 with a quarter and a half of football left in the Super Bowl and winning is just as impressive if not more.
It's impressive but it's not comparable unless we're talking about the miracle on Manchester.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
You guys make it so easy to cheer against you. Oilers were the underdogs and now everyone thinks the cats are. Im a lightning fan who normally would never cheer for the panthers. Anyway, hope to see your boys lose game 7. Good luck.
Oh the bolts are a loveable franchise. Couple more years we won't have to hear from you guys at all anymore

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Keep it or remove offsides all together.

To say making the right call hampers the game is just idiotic.

Doesn’t change anything.

I guess if the oilers win we’ll get a *

Did it hamper the game for 100 years or whatever before it was reviewed?

Would you even have ever questioned that goal if not for the hail mary review being available?

None of us would've given it a second thought.

A play like that being looked at and scroinized hurts the game more than helps it.

The ref didn't call offside. Nobody saw offsides until it was looked at frame by frame and it's still not a sure thing.

What happens when a ref gets it wrong the other way and play is stopped incorrectly? We'll never know.

Reactions: Sadekuuro

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Seriously, this is the perfect illustration of armchair coaching. It should be framed.
I think we’ve seen coaches rarely challenge offsides that aren’t blatantly obvious. That was one of the most head scratching closest challenges we’ve seen since the two minute minor penalty was introduced if you’re wrong

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Did it hamper the game for 100 years or whatever before it was reviewed?

Would you even have ever questioned that goal if not for the hail mary review being available?

None of us would've given it a second thought.

A play like that being looked at and scroinized hurts the game more than helps it.

The ref didn't call offside. Nobody saw offsides until it was looked at frame by frame and it's still not a sure thing.

What happens when a ref gets it wrong the other way and play is stopped incorrectly? We'll never know.
Enforcing the rule to the letter of the law is better than hoping a human error goes in your favor

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
I think we’ve seen coaches rarely challenge offsides that aren’t blatantly obvious. That was one of the most head scratching closest challenges we’ve seen since the two minute minor penalty was introduced if you’re wrong
You get that everything is real time and he is advised to make the challenge, right?

Reactions: Frosty415

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Even if it’s 50/50 being offside the oilers have a 95% chance to kill a penalty if your wrong

I like those odds

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Letter of the law? Dude it's a half inch. If that. It's a coin flip whether you win that review or not. No different than human error going either way
I fundamentally agree with you I hate the offside review but that was offside for sure. I’d rather they don’t review it but at least they got it right. No way you can look at that and call that a goal.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Letter of the law? Dude it's a half inch. If that. It's a coin flip whether you win that review or not. No different than human error going either way
It's either offside or onside.

The only time I hear anyone wanting to do away with this rule is when a grey area would benefit their team.

If you don't want you call a black and white rule with black and white metrics why bother having it.

If the blue line was an inch wider then it wouldn't be offside. But then people would complain that it was just a half an inch outside of the extended blue line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad