SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Panthers fans will be much more devastated at a loss. Serious question, did anyone expect Oilers as a cup contender this year?

Oilers have a lot to be proud of regardless of outcome, but this was THE year for the Panthers, they'll never get a better chance than this.
Most people believed the oilers to be a cup contender in the summer. They had just lost two back to back years to the eventual cup champs. In November not a ****ing chance :laugh:

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
One observation I’ve made is that Florida hasn’t had to face a speedy team. Tampa, Boston and NYrangers are all average to slow teams. Speed kills my friends, speed kills…

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Oilers forcing game 7 even though Nurse tried his best for the Panthers to win is nuts.

Does Nurse regularly just go blank on plays when he gets the puck? A few times in game 6 he just had some "lights are on but no ones home" type moments... being in Red Wings territory I'm not sure if that's a normal occurrence for him.

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
How is it possible that no game 7 has gone to OT in like 70 years. Has to be one of the most oddball stats in pro sports

The main factor is probably that there have only been 13 such games since the last one:

Thu Apr 14 1955Detroit 3, Montreal 1
Sat Apr 25 1964Toronto 4, Detroit 0
Sat May 1 1965Montreal 4, Chicago 0
Tue May 18 1971Montreal 3, Chicago 2
Sun May 31 1987Edmonton 3, Philadelphia 1
Tue Jun 14 1994NY Rangers 3, Vancouver 2
Sat Jun 9 2001Colorado 3, New Jersey 1
Mon Jun 9 2003New Jersey 3, Anaheim 0
Mon Jun 7 2004Tampa Bay 2, Calgary 1
Mon Jun 19 2006Carolina 3, Edmonton 1
Fri Jun 12 2009Pittsburgh 2, Detroit 1
Wed Jun 15 2011Boston 4, Vancouver 0
Wed Jun 12 2019St Louis 4, Boston 1

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I think 99 of 100 replay people or coaches though opt to not challenge it. I think whoever their replay guy is would have been looking for a new job next year if that call isn’t overturned.
Or the the coaches trust their PK to kill it off incase it’s not overturned.

The PK is what… +1 in the series so far?

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Oilers had Demko out all series, a limp dick Elias Pettersson, Boeser getting a blood clot, and still barely squeaked by. They were lucky to get out of that series, but they have decidedly been the best team on the ice in the last two. Absolute masterclass from Knoblauch all the way through.

Makes this all the more difficult to stomach. Ah well.
Dude the Canucks had Silovs playing like Hasek for the first 4 games of the series and Skinner was like Cloutier. You lost the series because your best players didn’t show up. Edmontons did and wanted it more.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Panthers fans will be much more devastated at a loss. Serious question, did anyone expect Oilers as a cup contender this year?

Oilers have a lot to be proud of regardless of outcome, but this was THE year for the Panthers, they'll never get a better chance than this.

Oilers were like 3rd in betting odds at the start of the year to win the cup. They’ve been the best team in the league since game 12 of the year.

It has been “cup or bust” for Edmonton all season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Duffman955

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013
Gratz for Edmonton. Mcdavid gets Stanley cup and that makes me happy, but i was rooting for cats.

Panthers are done.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Oilers forcing game 7 even though Nurse tried his best for the Panthers to win is nuts.

Does Nurse regularly just go blank on plays when he gets the puck? A few times in game 6 he just had some "lights are on but no ones home" type moments... being in Red Wings territory I'm not sure if that's a normal occurrence for him.
Yes he’s f***ing bad. Low IQ player.

Reactions: Frosty415

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Oilers had Demko out all series, a limp dick Elias Pettersson, Boeser getting a blood clot, and still barely squeaked by. They were lucky to get out of that series, but they have decidedly been the best team on the ice in the last two. Absolute masterclass from Knoblauch all the way through.

Makes this all the more difficult to stomach. Ah well.
That's the only kind of Pettersson there is, so no point pretending that is something to watch out for next time.

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

Xelebes

Jun 10, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
I just wanted to say how amused I was, sitting at Chiantis on Whyte watching the game and fire truck starts blaring and the Oilers score their second goal. I'm sure the call the firefighters were heading towards was serious, but to me sitting there, it simply sounded like a Wambulance. Pretty funny co-incidence.

Reactions: Hippasus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad