SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

NWWisconsinDuck

Jun 28, 2023
It’s hard to read into body language too much but at the be of the game last night I noticed something striking.

Edmonton, while happy, was limited in their emotion and excitement and rather looked still intensely focused. Florida on the other hand leaving the ice looked completely stunned and shell shocked. No clue if that carries over to Monday or not.

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
What a f***ing series...every hockey fan should love this shit right now...I don't know who is going to win this but it would be god awful sad whoever will lose this.

Thats why we love hockey... everything can happen.

That said, let's go Oilers.

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
To be fair, I think this « I’m not really coaching » thing is a cliché that every coaches would say.

And I think it’s also true anyways. Or it should be at least.
Well, I think that coaches should coach and let the players execute without having to think of solutions to problems the coach was too lazy to counter.

Worse odds than their odds of winning the cup back in September?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
What a f***ing series...every hockey fan should love this shit right now...I don't who is going to win this but it would be god awful sad whoever will lose this.

Thats why we love hockey... everything can happen.

That said, let's go Oilers.
Yeah, crazy how this series went from zero to absolutely epic. Pretty sure every fanbase is loving the drama... except one. I feel for Panthers fans. If their team loses they can at least say they were beaten by an all-time performance by an all-time great player. Still, coming so close and losing is a heartbreaking tease... for both teams and their fans.

For some reason, this song popped into my head for Monday's finale:

Reactions: BertMcDrai

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Oilers this season = Resilient & hearts of champion
Trying to remember playoff series, that turned on it's head like this after one team looked completely dead-in-the-water. Sports barley shocks me these days, but Oilers have sent shock-waves throughout whole body, after their 0-3 turnaround. Been so shaken, I've become a pretty good play toy for wife this past week. Kudos OIlers, and yes I said Oilers!!! This Oilers team is more than just McDavid. After getting to know this Oilers team more these playoffs. Come to learn they're a complete team that adds to their super-stars play. If Oilers do it: they're PK, defensive play, and goalie making timing saves will be big reasons to why. Yes, odds are still stacked against OIlers: that game-1 still haunts them. Until OIlers win series, that game-1 is the..... "Swing Game" that lurks over their shoulders.

All playoffs, and at beginning of this series, Panthers looked like team that wasn't going to be denied. They even won game they had no business winning >>> game-1, that's how good things were going for Panthers. Plus, one has to wonder... Did Florida lose game-4 on purpose(Believe they did), so they'd have chance to skate "Cup" at home? If so, imagine mind-screw within Panthers locker-room right now. Wow, can only speculate right now, but would so insane if so, then failed 4 games in-a-row afterwards. Screw 30-for-30, our house would want full-blown sports-movie telling that story!!!

Both teams have chance to win "Cup" with game-7 ahead. My worry if OIlers fan, Oilers nation is celebrating to much like they've won "Cup" already. Fans sure, but when players lose that edge/fear that propels them. But..... 3 days between games alllows one to get grounded again. So we'll will see what both teams bring game 7, should be a dozy! Thanks Oilers & Panthers for saving playoff that wasn't very compeditive throughout. Both teams are very "Cup" worthy, and thee's no doubt serious heartbreak is incoming for one team.

P.S. One would be best off to accept new sports environment. Modern sport$ has to many incentive$ to keep game/series close, push certain players/stories, ratings, & you name it. Players, owners, TV, etc. have to get that awesome $$$$ somehow, right? Any team wanting to win it all has to overcome games that aren't called their way. That's part of title equation now, period! If any given team can't overcome those fingers-on-scales scenios/moments, they hurt their odds of winning it all. Overcomign this isn't much different than needing good goalie, coach, players, schemes, etc. Take Oilers PK right now: They're reaching that overcoming outside influences mark >>> Oilers so far, have taken bad part of winning equation away like Championship worthy teams do. Myself, have made many game/series management post pointing out finger-on-scale environment now, but crying about it? Nope, just have realized what's in front of us all now. That's all...

Reactions: tfwnogf

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Meh, it's not that dramatic. It would be a brutal way to lose for the fans, no doubt, but losing in the finals, even like this, is still better for overall fan interest than not making it at all.
Let me clarify: I am not saying that this would indubitably happen. But the risks of the collapse would increase.

Hockey players, coaches, GMs are obviously professionals, but they are human beings as well. Anyone could succumb to serious psychological pressure. Florida will have some decisions to make in the off-season in anyway. What if both Rhino and Monty (the Cats can only afford to keep one of them) decide to change the scenery? Do they keep Paul Maurice? How would this affect Bob mentally?

A lot of, potentially unpleasant, questions to answer for Florida. No one wants to hit the road to obscurity. It's bad for business too.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I wasn't really in much doubt about Florida closing this series out until last night.

The body language of maurice I think says it all when you compare his calm demeanour during his in-game interview when down 3-1 in game 5, as opposed his to his meltdown in game 6 when the barkov goal got called back.

They have become unglued, and I now have no idea what to expect for game 7.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
So does Sam Gagner suit up for game 7 to get his name on the cup or would that make Oilers look overconfident.
I'm sure Gagner can replace Perry's minutes
No. You don't mess with the lineup for a feep good story. You go out to win.

Gagner will be on the cup without it. There is leverage for the team to petition to have him on. He was on the roster for nearly half the season, and there is precedence for guys with under the 41 game rule to be put on.

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
No one is wondering about this because it's complete nonsense.
After witnessing my favorite team, Lightning, not play A, B, or even C game during game-4 SCF's up 3-0. Helps me believe this does take place at times, especially if one team thinks they're much better. Both Lightning and Panthers look to be in total control after going up 3-0 in series. Even Tampa's mayor called for & wanted Lightning to lose game-4 on purpose. Was actually refreshing to see honesty from Tampa's mayor & Kucherov's interview that year, fake politically correct answers are so fake/dry.

Each their own though, but myself will keep anything a possibility until proven otherwise. Up 3-0 and wanting to skate "Cup" at home is not this.... "Oh my, how could anyone ever do this?" moment. Players, coaches, etc. would never be able to admit this in public without major push-back. NHL, or any league for that matter, would make huge example of any player/coach who did that. Have no issues with you believing what you're believing, but myself prefers to keep an open-mind with "All" possibilities.

Reactions: PaulD

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Man I would have loved having that Brobovsky quality play when they met Boston!!!

That said, I really hope Oilers kick Panthers ass on Monday and win the SC.
I really do like 97 and Skinner in net, extreme likeable players. And the Oilers fans were just insane last game... high energy. Loved them. They have been incredible for a while and even down 3-0 they did not change their energy and supporting level. Oilers fans imo deserve this win more than the 1000 Panthers real following fans!!!!

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Oilers speed and attention to detail is the reason we are where we are.
McDavid back checking like a man possessed especially the last 2 games. Skinner who has a reputation of being hot and cold, being hot at the right time. Bob coming down to earth.

Panthers still show their aggressive forecheck but the Oilers are getting bodies and sticks in the way of a lot of their plays which they didn't do in games 2 and 3 (IMHO game 1 could have gone either way)

Finally, Edmontons speed and passing causing the Panthers to make mistakes.

And Edmontons PK is out of this world.

Reactions: PaulD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad