SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Thanks alot Florida..... if you completely blow this... @Fixed to Ruin will be as insufferable as I was last year :sarcasm::naughty::laugh: and then @Czechboy and @Coffey will be happy and we can't be having that, well if they had better taste in teams we could :naughty::naughty::naughty:. Oiler fans being miserable is the natural order of the universe. :laugh::laugh:

I think there is now only one thing for it.

Go :edmonton Go

ekFTIULbGfkzzGC9sFQTuLBQvj0=.gif
Dirty!?

You’re one of the good guys now. You’re going to heaven.

chaser17

Dec 30, 2014
It’s hard to read into body language too much but at the be of the game last night I noticed something striking.

Edmonton, while happy, was limited in their emotion and excitement and rather looked still intensely focused. Florida on the other hand leaving the ice looked completely stunned and shell shocked. No clue if that carries over to Monday or not.
The shot of the panthers bench was something at the end. Everybody was just staring straight ahead with a blank thousand yard stare. Can you imagine what's going through their heads?

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Well done, Oilers! They certainly shut me up for sure. Even if they miraculously don't pull off the reverse sweep (at this point, it's very likely they re-write history), they have earned a ton of respect around the league.
I don't think they care about too much about respect in the handshake line. It's cup or bust still.

Reactions: GOilers88 and PuckG

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
If shit rolls down hill then the Florida management needs to take a look into the mirror.

Maurice has (obviously) not been able to right the ship by any method and has about 48 hours to do so now. Cutesy quips and showing the world just how verbally clever he is aint' gonna cut it.

Zito looks like he should probably be institutionalized by some of the pics of him that I've seen. Having a tantrum in public wasn't a good look but, more importantly, you gotta wonder about his off camera behavior.

I think these two are feeling the pressure a lot more than the Panthers players. And that is saying something.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
It is bizarre to see the Oilers out coaching another team. Years and years of pain seeing the coaches fail over and over again to adapt.

This has been a legendary series with legendary performances. Massive pressure on the Panthers. After winning 3 straight and the Panthers looking pretty weak mentally its impossible to not put my chips on the oil. Hope they win.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Now the oilers have to win, you can't come back from 3 games down in the Stanley Cup finals and not win. If you don't close it out you would have been better off just going out in 4 straight.

They have to come out like wild animals in game seven and put them away. Florida better get the first goal in this next game or I think they are toast.

Laugh if you want foppberg but it's true.

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
Every fan should love the league blatantly rigging a series to hand their favorite star a cup? An unprecedented week long layoff prior to the series because Mcdavid and Drai were injured? Drai avoiding suspension from a filthy hit on a star player that 90% of people on HF voted was suspension worthy? All the absurd calls? No I am sick to my stomach, they are making a mockery of the game. Oilers should feel embarrassed lifting that cup on Monday, if I were on the team I wouldn’t even touch it. This is not honest hockey and Monday may be the darkest moment in the history of the game.

This will be the first and the last time I will ever respond to you.

What the f*** are you talking about?

Reffing has absolutely nothing to do with this series...can't remember such less questionable discussions on every side.

I remember that offside call against the AVS years ago... that one was questionable as f***...if you are talking about a Drai suspension just remember that battle-axe against him in the knight series was only one game while giving nurse a game for nothing.

And just lets pretend Drai got a game that would favorite the Oilers as they were losing this game and Drai would get some days free for couring his injury.

Last game one of the first shifts Perry got a stick to the face, no call...does anybody remember?
No, cause the oilers kept just playing their game.
They were the better team in 5 of the 6 games...Bob stole game 1...Oilers also should have won Game 3...Game 5 was 50/50.

What the hell are you smoking? I am really worried about your mental health...I wish you a great rehab/recovery as nobody deserves this kind of mental problems.

Have a nice day and may the best team win.

Last edited:

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
This will be the first and the last time I will ever respond to you.

What the f*** are you talking about?

Redding has absolutely nothing to do with this series...can't remember such less questionable discussions on every side.

I remember that offside call against the AVS years ago... that one was questionable as f***...if you are talking about a Drai suspension just remember that battle-axe against him in the knight series was only one game while giving nurse a game for nothing.

And just lets pretend Drai got a game that would favorite the Oilers as they were losing this game and Drai would get some days free for couring his injury.

Last game one of the first shifts Perry got a stick to the face, no call...does anybody remember?
No, cause the oilers kept just playing their game.
They were the better team in 5 of the 6 games...Bob stole game 1...Oilers also should have won Game 3...Game 5 was 50/50.

What the hell are you smoking? I am really worried about your mental health...I wish you a great rehab/recovery as nobody deserves this kind of mental problems.

Have a nice day and may the best team win.
They got beat 5-1 last night and have let a 3 games to none lead just melt away on them, the only people Florida has to blame is themselves not the goddamn refs or league.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Now the oilers have to win, you can't come back from 3 games down in the Stanley Cup finals and not win. If you don't close it out you would have been better off just going out in 4 straight.
It's more pressing for Florida to win than the Oilers to win.

Blowing a 3-0 lead in a championship round and getting reverse swept is immensely worse than being down 0-3 in championship round, forcing a Game 7, and then losing it.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Did the panthers run out of gas or did McDavid expose their system? What a series. Game 7 ! There will be blood, tears, a loser, and a winner. Do we have the greatest comeback of all time or do the panthers dig deep within to win their first franchise cup? #ForgotAboutDrai

Last edited:
Reactions: Seattle Totems

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
It's more pressing for Florida to win than the Oilers to win.

Blowing a 3-0 lead in a championship round and getting reverse swept is immensely worse than being down 0-3 in championship round, forcing a Game 7, and then losing it.
It is but that's not to say there isn't any pressure on Edmonton to close this out, you come back from 3-0 in the finals, man.................you gotta close the deal.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Every fan should love the league blatantly rigging a series to hand their favorite star a cup? An unprecedented week long layoff prior to the series because Mcdavid and Drai were injured? Drai avoiding suspension from a filthy hit on a star player that 90% of people on HF voted was suspension worthy? All the absurd calls? No I am sick to my stomach, they are making a mockery of the game. Oilers should feel embarrassed lifting that cup on Monday, if I were on the team I wouldn’t even touch it. This is not honest hockey and Monday may be the darkest moment in the history of the game.
You need me to call someone?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
lol @ thinking conspiracy.

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
Can't believe I find myself rooting for the Oilers to pull it off. I never wanted another Canadian team to win the cup but what a story it would be if they pulled off the reverse sweep.
Game recognize game...I would never cheer for the Leafs but if it was vice versa I would cheer for the Leafs even it would feel false...I would do.

Job isn't done yet, it's still 50/50 in a game 7.

But common, for hockey lovers that just feels like a great story nevertheless who wins it all.

That's why we all love this sport.

Reactions: AvroArrow

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
In fairness, they got beat 3-1. The 2 empty netters were gravy. Your other points are spot on
well 5-1 was the final score but sure...........3-1.

either way, they've been hooped in 3 straight games with the cup there for the taking, you me and everyone else knows that's on the panthers and not on a conspiracy.

• Love
Reactions: Sentinel and Mike C

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Man I would have loved having that Brobovsky quality play when they met Boston!!!

That said, I really hope Oilers kick Panthers ass on Monday and win the SC.
I really do like 97 and Skinner in net, extreme likeable players. And the Oilers fans were just insane last game... high energy. Loved them. They have been incredible for a while and even down 3-0 they did not change their energy and supporting level. Oilers fans imo deserve this win more than the 1000 Panthers real following fans!!!!
And Boston had better with Swayman and still lost.
Bob had a couple bad games against Rangers......Panthers still won.
Panthers didn't lose 3 game because of Bobrovsky.
Take a look at Montour, Reinhardt, Verheage. Terrible.
If they playwell....not great. Just well.....Cup would be in their hands last week.

Take away the quippy, smarmy or whitty replies from Maurice and he is lookes very much like a Deer in the head lights the last few days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sentinel and Mike C
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad