SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1719071208516.png

I 'think' I have this right.

Here are all the Game 7's for the Cup.

Road team has won 3 times. Or did I miss a few?

Road team 3 wins
Home team 9 wins

Oilers went from a 0 percent chance to a 25% chance. I'll take that all day long to be honest but I do think Game 7 favors Florida.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
"First of all I hate it, its another one of these couple of pixels type of calls that takes a good goal off the board, its the danger of having offside reviews... (blurb about the infamous Duchene goal)

"It cannot be stressed enough how much of a pivot point in this game this was, and both teams talked about it. This was a moment in which the Panthers responded 10 seconds after Adam Henriques goal, to cut the lead to 2-1, Maurice said "thats the spark we needed" and they didn't get it. They got it taken off the board, its a 2-0 game again, Hyman scores late in the period 3-0 and were going back to Sunrise at that point so..

Whether you agree with the call or disagree agree with the call...... it doesnt matter, it truly was the pivot point in the game in my opinion, because you could feel the Panthers could've pushed after that & found their game, and it sapped their energy I think after getting that call taken off the board"

- Greg Wyshynski, 'the drop post game'

Just wanted to post this for the Oilers fans that gave me crap in the GDT for saying - from an analysis POV - that this was the moment in which the Panthers lost the game (@Oilslick941611)
Now I love the call even more

theanomaly

you just lost the game
Nov 18, 2010
NJ
picked oil in 6 but I really feel it's a toss up.

as a neutral, you can't lose here. you see mcjesus get his or a franchise get their first. either one is cool with me. I just hope it's a show.

got my wish. its been a fun one. all the best to both squads.

Reactions: Mike C

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
It's going to be tough because now Florida is in a lose and no cup situation. So they will want to avoid losing the cup at home.

I still think a game 7 loss would be equally heartbreaking. Would sting for Edmonton to come all the way back only to be denied at the end. Knowing had they played better in first three games, the cup might have been theirs.

Florida would have to live with not getting rid of Edmonton sooner and letting it get to a game 7. And knowing they will go down in history for the wrong reasons.

Regardless, I wouldn't be shocked if we see a rematch next year in the SCF.
I wonder about the panther players psyche now though, it's got to be somewhat downbeat/questioning/broken confidence right now I would think while the oiler players have got to be all the opposite of that.

When the series was still 3-2 I said I would still rather be in the panthers position but now I would rather be in the oilers position.

To me..................they have all the initiative now.

• Love
Reactions: Mike C

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Oilers are in the Panthers heads, the Panthers are fumbling the puck all over the ice.

This series has turned from a bore to WTF, only thing hurting the series is the long delay between games... otherwise intense.
I don't mind the delay. I have other stuff to fill the time. I watch most of the games on demand anyway

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Oh. Then why did you ignore the cup wins by teams in game 7 that were played away from home? How about Canucks vs Bruins game 7 when Bruins won away? It's more recent than 06, too. And as you recall, Canucks had a meltdown.

Also, Panthers already have had a game at home where they had a chance to win the cup. I just struggle with this logic.

Oilers constantly have been playing with their back against the wall. This, on the other hand, is the Panthers' first elimination game of the entire playoffs.

I just think you're going through some mental gymnastics to try and give Oilers the greater pressure here.
There's a thing to the cup being in the building and a chance to take it home. Florida felt it three straight times. Now it can happen for Edmonton.

2009 Red Wings were beat up.

2011 Canucks were a very soft and mentally weak team. They showed they could be bullied. They nearly choked away a 3-0 series lead to the Hawks. Florida is more well rounded.

2019 Bruins was a plain choke job. No excuses there. They were the better team who should have won that series before it got to game 7.

I don't get the sense this Cats team can be bullied around. And I don’t think they are pushovers. It's a clean slate.

I'm not saying Edmonton can't win. I am saying I'd be stunned if the kitty cats come out with a poor effort to start on Monday. Skinner needs to be on top of his game. Like Binnington was in game 7 on the road. It allowed the Blues to settle in and get to their game.

Edmonton can't afford to start the way they did in 06. Where Carolina dominated from the opening faceoff and had a lead three minutes in.

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
Every fan should love the league blatantly rigging a series to hand their favorite star a cup? An unprecedented week long layoff prior to the series because Mcdavid and Drai were injured? Drai avoiding suspension from a filthy hit on a star player that 90% of people on HF voted was suspension worthy? All the absurd calls? No I am sick to my stomach, they are making a mockery of the game. Oilers should feel embarrassed lifting that cup on Monday, if I were on the team I wouldn’t even touch it. This is not honest hockey and Monday may be the darkest moment in the history of the game.
Summary: A new study delves into the intricate psyche of conspiracy theorists, attributing their beliefs to a mixture of personality traits and motivations.

The study suggests conspiracy theorists are not necessarily ‘mentally unwell’, but often resort to conspiracy theories to fulfill unmet needs and rationalize distress. Analyzing data from 170 studies with over 158,000 participants, it identifies a need to understand and feel secure in their environment, and a sense of superiority over others as key drivers.

In addition, personality traits such as paranoia, insecurity, impulsivity, and egocentrism were found to be common among conspiracy theorists.

People can be prone to believe in conspiracy theories due to a combination of personality traits and motivations, including relying strongly on their intuition, feeling a sense of antagonism and superiority toward others, and perceived threats in their environment.

You may want to make a call to a 1-800 help line…

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I think the D in front of him is doing a much better job. It's not like he is stealing games. The offense has gotten better for Edmonton too.
What's crazy? I agree but I've been highly critical of that D core all season. It's shocking to me.

The offense has definitely improved after Game 2 (1 goal in first 2 games).

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
View attachment 885687

And the goalies... Stu is now statistically much stronger than Bob in the finals. I'm in shock, would've never picked that but it is what it is. .909 vs .889.
Skinner has bounced back every time it has looked like he might be cooked, he did it during the regular season too. If they win the cup he will have been a big reason why and not just from his work in the playoffs.

Reactions: Czechboy

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I wonder about the panther players psyche now though, it's got to be somewhat downbeat/questioning/broken confidence right now I would think while the oiler players have got to be all the opposite of that.

When the series was still 3-2 I said I would still rather be in the panthers position but now I would rather be in the oilers position.

To me..................they have all the initiative now.
I think the faces of the Panthers players last night said alot.

You have to imagine they are second guessing some things. They just need to get that first goal. The motive should be to go all out and get goal number one. Edmonton is a different team when behind.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Verhaeghe -9 in 6 games is a bit of a woof
I like Florida and I don't say this to flame.. but I haven't really noticed much of Tkachuk, Verhaege or Bennet. Verhaege I haven't noticed much at all. Tkachuk and Bennet I only notice after whistles in scrums. All great players.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I think the faces of the Panthers players last night said alot.

You have to imagine they are second guessing some things. They just need to get that first goal. The motive should be to go all out and get goal number one. Edmonton is a different team when behind.
f***ing crucial Florida gets that first goal on Monday.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Skinner has bounced back every time it has looked like he might be cooked, he did it during the regular season too. If they win the cup he will have been a big reason why and not just from his work in the playoffs.
I think he s 10 and 0 in Games 4 to 7 in these playoffs... something like that. He sucks the first few games, gets good, then sucks again. Luckily we don't play on Tuesday.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Every fan should love the league blatantly rigging a series to hand their favorite star a cup? An unprecedented week long layoff prior to the series because Mcdavid and Drai were injured? Drai avoiding suspension from a filthy hit on a star player that 90% of people on HF voted was suspension worthy? All the absurd calls? No I am sick to my stomach, they are making a mockery of the game. Oilers should feel embarrassed lifting that cup on Monday, if I were on the team I wouldn’t even touch it. This is not honest hockey and Monday may be the darkest moment in the history of the game.
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad