SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Revansky

Mar 17, 2013
Montreal
It's really impressive how oilers seems to stifle Florida offense in the last three games. Our boy Kulak is playing well ! Oilers deserves the series win, we'll see how Monday goes but bring it back in Canada guys !

Wouldn't mind a first cup win for the Panthers either, though.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
What's crazy? I agree but I've been highly critical of that D core all season. It's shocking to me.

The offense has definitely improved after Game 2 (1 goal in first 2 games).
I think it all filters through the offense.

If Edmonton is putting up 4 goals per game, the Panthers strategy changes. Now you have to play run and gun.

If Edmonton isn't putting up many goals, Florida can stick to their full style/ game plan & the Edmonton D doesn't have as much room for error. In otherwords, it all comes down to which Edmonton offense shows up.

Will it be the one from the last 7 periods. Or, the one from 8 periods prior?

Reactions: Czechboy

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Every fan should love the league blatantly rigging a series to hand their favorite star a cup? An unprecedented week long layoff prior to the series because Mcdavid and Drai were injured? Drai avoiding suspension from a filthy hit on a star player that 90% of people on HF voted was suspension worthy? All the absurd calls? No I am sick to my stomach, they are making a mockery of the game. Oilers should feel embarrassed lifting that cup on Monday, if I were on the team I wouldn’t even touch it. This is not honest hockey and Monday may be the darkest moment in the history of the game.
who hurt you?

What a load of bullshit.

This is comical. How the hell do you rig a series after a team is down 3-0?

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
My biggest question is how does the Oilers winning the Cup change the "Bettman hates Canadian teams" narrative.

A. Bettman has changed his mind and now loves Canada
B. Bettman let a Canadian team win one Cup to hide his hatred
C. Oilers won the Cup despite Bettman trying to prevent it from happening
The answer is C. The oilers found a way to beat the system you just need to have a power kill and go two rounds at 100 percent PK only allowing 4 PPG the entire playoffs. It was so easy teams should have thought of it years ago (only half joking)

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

If Edmonton is putting up 4 goals per game, the Panthers strategy changes. Now you have to play run and gun.

If Edmonton isn't putting up many goals, Florida can stick to their full style/ game plan & the Edmonton D doesn't have as much room for error. In otherwords, it all comes down to which Edmonton offense shows up.

To me, Game 7's are like a shootout.

Toss out the paper rosters
Ignore the stats
It's all or nothing and comes down to maybe 3 or 4 things (eg. last night came down to an offisde challenge in period 2 - or at least that was significant).

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

Edmonton has done a great job of keeping a lot of stuff to the outside and that p.k is killer............that is what wins series.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
To me, Game 7's are like a shootout.

Toss out the paper rosters
Ignore the stats
It's all or nothing and comes down to maybe 3 or 4 things (eg. last night came down to an offisde challenge in period 2 - or at least that was significant).
It will come down to the start. I'm not a believer in momentum game to game.

There's always a random game 7 hero (Rupp, Fedetenko, Kaberle, Talbot) as well. Some "nobody" will play a role in the outcome imo.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I think if Florida doesn't get the first one they are done, I really mean it.

Can't wait for Monday!!
I'm already nervous...

Plus, I'll have to find a Czech and Oiler jersey and sew them together...

2 on one jersey
4 on the other jersey

1985... maybe 2024 so the next one should be in 2063.lol

Maybe a Pastachard?
Or a McNecas?
Draikampf has a ring to it?

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
It will come down to the start. I'm not a believer in momentum game to game.

There's always a random game 7 hero (Rupp, Fedetenko, Kaberle, Talbot) as well. Some "nobody" will play a role in the outcome imo.
Absolutely, this has point shot of a guys ass and back of net written all over it for the winner.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Edmonton has done a great job of keeping a lot of stuff to the outside and that p.k is killer............that is what wins series.
I agree.

Now if Edmonton's PP got going, they would be in real great shape for game 7.

And what can you say about Knoblauch? cripes every move he has made since being coach has pretty much worked out in either the short or long term.

Midas touch.
I think Woodcroft doesn't bench Skinner in the Vancouver series. And they are out. I've noticed he is way more assertive & doesn't care about hurt feelings.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Agreed.

I have a feeling they will come out with their best game of the postseason Monday. Home crowd. Pressure of being on the wrong side of history.

They have gotten their learning lesson. Time to end this.
The difference is that the margin of error is now zero. A bad bounce, crazy deflection, etc can end the season. When you have a team down, you MUST keep the pressure on until they expire

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
And what can you say about Knoblauch? cripes every move he has made since being coach has pretty much worked out in either the short or long term.

Midas touch.
How much credit does he get for taking Nurse and Ceci away from each other every single series? Same with last night: he makes a move that was clearly the wrong one in starting Perry with Draisitl and then gets credit for reuniting the line that was working :laugh:

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Looking at those stats.. it has to be Connor for the Smyth. Bob is not even in the discussion anymore. He's doubling Barkov in points.

McDavid definitely wasn't winning the Smythe if they lost in a sweep, and also probably not in a 5 game loss

I think as soon as they made it to 6 and with his back to back 4 point games - the Smythe definitely became his. This is regardless of who won game 6 or now 7.

Only way McDavid loses now is if he outright sabotages game 7. Like 3 own goals/dead giveaways leading to goals in game 7, while at the same time Barkov has like 5 goals in game 7. But thats not really a realistic scenario

Reactions: Czechboy

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Florida is cooked. Edmonton is so much better it's not close. Even when they lost the first 3 it didn't really feel like Florida was so much better.

Edmonton is going to accomplish something very special on Monday.
This was my reaction as well. Down 3-0 it didn’t feel like the oilers got their asses kicked or faced an insurmountable task in coming back. The Panthers ( who can win it it. It’s not a forgone conclusion that it’s over) looked beatable in the first 3 games and game 4 happened, the Panthers were lucky to be up 3-0. They’ve looked like the worst team in the series, and now we are in a one game winner takes all any anything can happen. Monday will be stressful for both teams.

It’s clear the panthers and organization. Didnt handle the 3-0 lead well and thought they won it after game 3. It was fun to watch the smirk fall off Paul Maurice’s face as the games went on. I really don’t like him.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Summary: A new study delves into the intricate psyche of conspiracy theorists, attributing their beliefs to a mixture of personality traits and motivations.

The study suggests conspiracy theorists are not necessarily ‘mentally unwell’, but often resort to conspiracy theories to fulfill unmet needs and rationalize distress. Analyzing data from 170 studies with over 158,000 participants, it identifies a need to understand and feel secure in their environment, and a sense of superiority over others as key drivers.

In addition, personality traits such as paranoia, insecurity, impulsivity, and egocentrism were found to be common among conspiracy theorists.

People can be prone to believe in conspiracy theories due to a combination of personality traits and motivations, including relying strongly on their intuition, feeling a sense of antagonism and superiority toward others, and perceived threats in their environment.

You may want to make a call to a 1-800 help line…
When I called they told me "just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you!" :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Bobieque

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
This was my reaction as well. Down 3-0 it didn’t feel like the oilers got their asses kicked or faced an insurmountable task in coming back. The Panthers ( who can win it it. It’s not a forgone conclusion that it’s over) looked beatable in the first 3 games and game 4 happened, the Panthers were lucky to be up 3-0. They’ve looked like the worst team in the series, and now we are in a one game winner takes all any anything can happen. Monday will be stressful for both teams.

It’s clear the panthers and organization. Didnt handle the 3-0 lead well and thought they won it after game 3. It was fun to watch the smirk fall off Paul Maurice’s face as the games went on. I really don’t like him.
Edmonton won't take as much criticism as Florida would with a loss. But in the end, the 3-0 blown lead will be moot if the Cats just get back to their game. They need to outmuscle and trap Edmonton imo.

Reactions: jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
How much credit does he get for taking Nurse and Ceci away from each other every single series? Same with last night: he makes a move that was clearly the wrong one in starting Perry with Draisitl and then gets credit for reuniting the line that was working :laugh:
Have his moves worked? are we talking about a team that stumbled out of the gates so bad it looked like their season was over almost as soon as it started and then went from garbage to gangbusters when he took the reigns?

What can you say? the minute he took over this became a different team, a team that is now one glorious win away from being cup champs. You can't discount that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad