SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
Every fan should love the league blatantly rigging a series to hand their favorite star a cup? An unprecedented week long layoff prior to the series because Mcdavid and Drai were injured? Drai avoiding suspension from a filthy hit on a star player that 90% of people on HF voted was suspension worthy? All the absurd calls? No I am sick to my stomach, they are making a mockery of the game. Oilers should feel embarrassed lifting that cup on Monday, if I were on the team I wouldn’t even touch it. This is not honest hockey and Monday may be the darkest moment in the history of the game.

they definitely took the break to heal up McDavid and Draisaitl and not because the NBA finals were on 🤡

Reactions: Sentinel

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
McDavid held pointless and the Oilers still won game 6.

Panthers have to try to clear their heads and just win one more game but have to think Edmonton the favorite now

chaser17

Dec 30, 2014
Regardless of who wins this has to be great for the league for multiple reasons.
1. Game 7 on ESPN with no NBA or NFL to compete with. Seeing lots of talking heads that aren't hockey people tweeting about hockey.
2. All eyes on the best player in the world in a winner take all game 7.
3. Massive exposure for a budding southern market team, albeit potentially in a negative light if they lose.
4. Great Canadian TV ratings already.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
My kitten plays with more purpose than the cats have in the last 3 games.
In my opinion they look like they're playing scared. Edmonton is playing to win, Florida is playing not to lose, if that makes sense. They'll need to bring the killer instinct they had in the first couple games, but just feels like McDavid and the Oilers are in their head right now.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Every fan should love the league blatantly rigging a series to hand their favorite star a cup? An unprecedented week long layoff prior to the series because Mcdavid and Drai were injured? Drai avoiding suspension from a filthy hit on a star player that 90% of people on HF voted was suspension worthy? All the absurd calls? No I am sick to my stomach, they are making a mockery of the game. Oilers should feel embarrassed lifting that cup on Monday, if I were on the team I wouldn’t even touch it. This is not honest hockey and Monday may be the darkest moment in the history of the game.
You need to stop watching hockey immediately.

“90% of people on HF voted…”

Jesus Christ.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
If the Panthers lose game 7, they are really lucky that they're a small market team in a marginal sport.
When they lose though. I have a feeling, Tuesday morning all the big sports network morning shows in the States probably wont even discuss The Oilers winning or the Panthers losing it'll be regular baseball/football even some basketball talk im sure and their season just ended. Only one that will discuss it will be Mcafee and even that will only be about 20 mins.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
There’s no way this isn’t satire 😂

• Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
In 06, Carolina lost in a brutal way in game 5. Blown out in game 6. Then, they dominated the first two periods of game 7 at home. On their way to a cup win. Edmonton looked nervous most of the game.

Point being, the game being played in Florida changes alot. Panthers will come out firing on all cylinders. And for the first time, the building is in the cup with a chance for Edmonton to win it. That may affect the nerves.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
I like that it's going 7 as a "neutral" fan. Now I just hope the Oilers stumble at the last hurdle because I can't cheer for pure draft teams like Pens, Oilers, Hawks that get generational talents handed to them on repeat.

Reactions: Nicko999 and dhfa

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
In 06, Carolina lost in a brutal way in game 5. Blown out in game 6. Then, they dominated the first two periods of game 7 at home. On their way to a cup win. Edmonton looked nervous most of the game.

Point being, the game being played in Florida changes alot. Panthers will come out firing on all cylinders. And for the first time, the building is in the cup with a chance for Edmonton to win it. That may affect the nerves.
This will the toughest of the 4 to win. Still, I like the vibes the oil are carrying into this game seven, I think they close it out.

ijuka

May 14, 2016

Oh. Then why did you ignore the cup wins by teams in game 7 that were played away from home? How about Canucks vs Bruins game 7 when Bruins won away? It's more recent than 06, too. And as you recall, Canucks had a meltdown.

Also, Panthers already have had a game at home where they had a chance to win the cup. I just struggle with this logic.

Oilers constantly have been playing with their back against the wall. This, on the other hand, is the Panthers' first elimination game of the entire playoffs.

I just think you're going through some mental gymnastics to try and give Oilers the greater pressure here.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
This will the toughest of the 4 to win. Still, I like the vibes the oil are carrying into this game seven, I think they close it out.
It's going to be tough because now Florida is in a lose and no cup situation. So they will want to avoid losing the cup at home.

I still think a game 7 loss would be equally heartbreaking. Would sting for Edmonton to come all the way back only to be denied at the end. Knowing had they played better in first three games, the cup might have been theirs.

Florida would have to live with not getting rid of Edmonton sooner and letting it get to a game 7. And knowing they will go down in history for the wrong reasons.

Regardless, I wouldn't be shocked if we see a rematch next year in the SCF.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Does bringing the cup back to Canada have any meaning to hockey fans in Canada? Nobody in Vancouver or Toronto or Calgary will be celebrating.

Obviously not an Oilers fan, but if McDavid can carry this team to a cup victory, so be it. That would put this playoff performance as probly the best in NHL history. He deserves his Stanley Cup.
Well..........

Real Sports bar in Toronto

Reactions: Sentinel and PuckG

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Oilers are in the Panthers heads, the Panthers are fumbling the puck all over the ice.

This series has turned from a bore to WTF, only thing hurting the series is the long delay between games... otherwise intense.

Reactions: Seattle Totems
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad