SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
After witnessing my favorite team, Lightning, not play A, B, or even C game during game-4 SCF's up 3-0. Helps me believe this does take place at times, especially if one team thinks they're much better. Both Lightning and Panthers look to be in total control after going up 3-0 in series. Even Tampa's mayor called for & wanted Lightning to lose game-4 on purpose. Was actually refreshing to see honesty from Tampa's mayor & Kucherov's interview that year, fake politically correct answers are so fake/dry.

Each their own though, but myself will keep anything a possibility until proven otherwise. Up 3-0 and wanting to skate "Cup" at home is not this.... "Oh my, how could anyone ever do this?" moment. Players, coaches, etc. would never be able to admit this in public without major push-back. NHL, or any league for that matter, would make huge example of any player/coach who did that. Have no issues with you believing what you're believing, but myself prefers to keep an open-mind with "All" possibilities.
Good teams play bad games because – contrary to fans' imagination – no team is in total control. We have over 100 years of history proving the better team can (and does) lose anytime. Players subconsciously let up, but they never do it on purpose, let alone lose on purpose. The notion they'd decide to lose a Stanley Cup Finals game on purpose is... um.... misguided. That said, this is pretty harmless as far as conspiracies go, so enjoy if it makes the story more fun.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
That it was 3-0 doesn't matter now. The odds of a series comeback increase after each win.

FLA has home ice advantage, but EDM has momentum and McDavid. I have a feeling EDM will take Game Seven, but it's far from a certainty. I feel there's a good chance whoever scores first will win.
History agrees. That first goal will be critical.

Between 1994 and 2019, there have been 8 SCF game 7's. Not only has the team scoring first won each game. There have not been a lead change or even an equalizing goal.

The road team has won 8 winner take all championship games in the past 15 years. Three in hockey. Four in baseball. One in Basketball.

Reactions: DitchMarner

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Not even sure what people are riled up about....I thought it was offside long before the challenge came up.
It was close but I've always believed that the breaks of the game all cone out in the wash

Maurice is a thinking man's kind of guy and is pretty humorous at times but also is a sour grapes kind of guy at times too

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
He’s got a point, the team who wins the championship at the end of a season is the stupidest way to decide which is the leagues best team.

The only way to truly know is for every team to face every team in a best of 7 series. Team who win the most of their 31 best of 7 series is crowned the best. If there are multiple teams who have the same best record then a second “championship round” of 7 game series is triggered. Once we are down to a single “best team” then they have to go back and face the teams out of the other 31 that they lost 7 game series and they have to redeem themselves by defeating all those teams in a 7 game series. If they can’t beat everyone one of those teams in these redemption series then they can’t definitely be called the best team in the league and the process starts over again.

It’s a little inconvenient but the only way we can know for sure who is the best team.
Can I have a hit off of that?

• Haha
Reactions: fin8 and Mike C

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Oilers definitely have the momentum, and they got into Bobrovsky's head for sure.

That said, I hope they ain't as cocky/arrogant as some fans here.

I find the second paragraph hilarious, do you not remember how ugly this thread was when the Oilers were down 3-0 in this series???? Now that edmonton has came back and we have 1 game winner take all and oiler fans are here to give back what they received the first 3 games yet they're the cockty and arrogant ones???? Comical....

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Crazy that Edmonton might actually do this. I suppose it makes sense that it will take something epic to finally return the Cup to Canada.
Does bringing the cup back to Canada have any meaning to hockey fans in Canada? Nobody in Vancouver or Toronto or Calgary will be celebrating.

Obviously not an Oilers fan, but if McDavid can carry this team to a cup victory, so be it. That would put this playoff performance as probly the best in NHL history. He deserves his Stanley Cup.

Reactions: Macheteops

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Does bringing the cup back to Canada have any meaning to hockey fans in Canada? Nobody in Vancouver or Toronto or Calgary will be celebrating.

Obviously not an Oilers fan, but if McDavid can carry this team to a cup victory, so be it. That would put this playoff performance as probly the best in NHL history. He deserves his Stanley Cup.
People need to stop saying this crap.

I know plenty of people in Vancouver who are rooting for the cup to come to Canada. Flames and Canuck fans alike.

The only place I've seen really sour people is here, where nobody actually has to show their face.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I find the second paragraph hilarious, do you not remember how ugly this thread was when the Oilers were down 3-0 in this series???? Now that edmonton has came back and we have 1 game winner take all and oiler fans are here to give back what they received the first 3 games yet they're the cockty and arrogant ones???? Comical....
If I was an Oilers fan, I’d be humble as F and not say anything until the final whistle of a game 7 win.

The Hockey Gods are always watching….;)

Can I have a hit off of that?
Clearly it’s something injected straight into a vein lol…..

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
What a f***ing series...every hockey fan should love this shit right now...I don't who is going to win this but it would be god awful sad whoever will lose this.

Thats why we love hockey... everything can happen.

That said, let's go Oilers.
Every fan should love the league blatantly rigging a series to hand their favorite star a cup? An unprecedented week long layoff prior to the series because Mcdavid and Drai were injured? Drai avoiding suspension from a filthy hit on a star player that 90% of people on HF voted was suspension worthy? All the absurd calls? No I am sick to my stomach, they are making a mockery of the game. Oilers should feel embarrassed lifting that cup on Monday, if I were on the team I wouldn’t even touch it. This is not honest hockey and Monday may be the darkest moment in the history of the game.

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
Since game 5 it looks like the panthers are going for the big hits and oilers to score goals.

Florida was able to bully themselves to the cup and now they look deflated when it stopped working.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
People need to stop saying this crap.

I know plenty of people in Vancouver who are rooting for the cup to come to Canada. Flames and Canuck fans alike.

The only place I've seen really sour people is here, where nobody actually has to show their face.
Was there an HF poll? Curious as to what that would say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad