SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
No. The league will take care of it before FL does. You just can't have headhunting like that. It's bad for the sport.

Expect 1-2 games if not more. It's cheap. It's blatant. And it's in the 3rd while they were getting their asses handed to them for the 2nd game in a row. Shutout. They are going to come down hard. It'snot like the oilers were winning anyhow.

You have far more faith in the DOPS than every other NHL fan. Prepare to be let down.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
No. The league will take care of it before FL does. You just can't have headhunting like that. It's bad for the sport.

Expect 1-2 games if not more. It's cheap. It's blatant. And it's in the 3rd while they were getting their asses handed to them for the 2nd game in a row. Shutout. They are going to come down hard. It'snot like the oilers were winning anyhow.
Obviously I don't want McDavid injured, I'm not a psychopath, but that was so blatant by Drai that if doesn't get at least a game the Panthers WILL make this ugly. And they'll beat the f*** outta the Oilers so the league needs to act accordingly.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
You have far more faith in the DOPS than every other NHL fan. Prepare to be let down.

I'd normally agree with this, but there's the Campbell factor to consider.

Does "protecting their investment" trump nepotism? Tune in on the next episode of the NHL's Wheel of Justice.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Obviously I don't want McDavid injured, I'm not a psychopath, but that was so blatant by Drai that if doesn't get at least a game the Panthers WILL make this ugly. And they'll beat the f*** outta the Oilers so the league needs to act accordingly.
Is Tkachuk gonna turn into a missile and dive at them or what

• Haha
Reactions: Chinaski89

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I agree. That's why Drai is going to get suspended. Otherwise, FL will take it up on themselves.

Easy call. 2 games. Done and done. He hasn't done anything anyhow. Reminded me of Kuch throwing a hissy when things don't go his way. Too bad. Oilers treading water right now.

No oiler wants to see Bennett fight Drai or McDavid...do they?

Chinaski89

May 17, 2019

Second game in a row? Oilers dominated the Panthers worse in game 1 than the Panthers beat them tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: T REX

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Injuries taking a toll now on the Oilers unfortunately. They had the easiest path to the cup final in NHL history and their luck is running out. Bouchard has come back down to earth. Their 32 streak of PK’s came to an end tonight, thank god.

Panthers are smart, they are intentionally dumping the puck in on Bouchard side when he’s on the ice.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
In the series vs. NYR, the Panthers scored only 5 goals that weren't own goals, empty net goals, or wild unintentional bounces into the net. So far vs. Edmonton, they have already scored 5.
What lucky bounces were there tonight? Not the first 2. And at least 1 in game one was a clean point blank shot. I mean when you lead late in 3rd I would expect empty net so that is kind of a so what stat.

Funny thing about better teams when needed they make their own luck

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Yes, that's what I mean. They already have 5 goals this series on legit clean shots. Against the Rangers, they only had 5 the entire series.

The Rangers D is much better than the Oilers D. Could even say the same for Bostons and Tampas bluelines as well.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
The thing is, nobody remembers the teams that barely won, they just remember the teams that won, period. You just come across sounding like sour grapes bringing up games that were almost a month ago.
The thing is when someone constantly gets preferential treatment, even equal treatment can feel unfair.

The Oilers took advantage of some very favorable calls these playoffs. And now that the calls are regressing back to the mean, they're starting to get awfully flustered

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
You may have misinterpreted what I said, or I worded it in a confusing manner. Every goal the Panthers have scored this series (outside of the 2 empty net goals) have been clean, legit shots beating Skinner. Those were hard to come by for Florida against NYR.
Ahhh my bad.. thanks

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Been a saw off production wise from the top guys on each side. Florida’s depth guys doing the scoring. Carter V and Rodrigues. Where is the production from Kane, Fogele, Henrique, Etc?

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
hope so, but i've been reading a lot of different forums and your sentiment is not most common one.

If you see people wishing injury on players, or celebrating injury, report them. That crosses a line that shouldn't be crossed. I don't think that's allowed on the boards.

The mods have done a bang up job cleaning up the threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad