SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I think he's too slow for this series. I'm starting to think the only real impact he can have offensively is on the pp.

Nah he's a good player, I think at times especially since he has a history with the Flames, he goes looking for the extra curricular stuff too much and strays from his game. He's only 26 and he's already played almost 40 career games against Edmonton.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
What does the officiating have to do with a 3rd string goalie? Do you complain when your local Dairy Queen can't change your oil too?
No I mean they already had the good fortune to have the other teams best player injured, got some of the most biased reffing I've ever seen on top of that, still barely won, and now 2 rounds later it's like it never happened

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
No I mean they already had the good fortune to have the other teams best player injured, got some of the most biased reffing I've ever seen on top of that, still barely won, and now 2 rounds later it's like it never happened

The thing is, nobody remembers the teams that barely won, they just remember the teams that won, period. You just come across sounding like sour grapes bringing up games that were almost a month ago.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Nah he's a good player, I think at times especially since he has a history with the Flames, he goes looking for the extra curricular stuff too much and strays from his game. He's only 26 and he's already played almost 40 career games against Edmonton.
He's a fantastic player, and a massive reason the Panthers are in the Final, but his skating really limits his impact vs. a team like the Oilers. Multiple times this game he lost the puck in the offensive zone and then he was done for the rest of the shift, because he can't catch up to Edmonton 's skaters. His linemates, Rodrigues and Bennett, have had a significantly bigger impact on the series so far.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
I'd feel nothing but shame if my team's star threw around dirty, targetted hits when he starts losing.

Entitled baby, entitled fans, entitled country. If they injure McDavid Oilers are literally an AHL team. Eye for an eye?

Yeah, I don't think that this is a game the Oilers want to start playing. But at this point, what adjustments are the Oilers going to make that'll turn things around?

Barkov being out might be big for them. But I'd argue Florida has better forward depth than the Oilers.

And a teammate getting taken out by an opposing team is a fantastic way to galvanize a team. Just ask Aaron Rome.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I'd feel nothing but shame if my team's star threw around dirty, targetted hits when he starts losing.

Entitled baby, entitled fans, entitled country. If they injure McDavid Oilers are literally an AHL team. Eye for an eye?
No. The league will take care of it before FL does. You just can't have headhunting like that. It's bad for the sport.

Expect 1-2 games if not more. It's cheap. It's blatant. And it's in the 3rd while they were getting their asses handed to them for the 2nd game in a row. Shutout. They are going to come down hard. It'snot like the oilers were winning anyhow.

Reactions: Laus723

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
He's a fantastic player, and a massive reason the Panthers are in the Final, but his skating really limits his impact vs. a team like the Oilers. Multiple times this game he lost the puck in the offensive zone and then he was done for the rest of the shift, because he can't catch up to Edmonton 's skaters. His linemates, Rodrigues and Bennett, have had a significantly bigger impact on the series so far.
It’s 2 games. Draisaitl has also been invisible. Still lots of opportunity to make an impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad