Confirmed with Link: Rutger McGroarty to Pittsburgh for Brayden Yager

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I just like that Chevy can play the game without flinching. You don't want to be here fine, I also know you don't want to go back to school. So lets work this out. Chevy makes it known his player is available but this is what I want and I'm not moving off that. We got 2 years to make a deal so just let me know when you want to this discuss further. I've had my criticisms of Chevy but there is absolutely no panic in his game.

Zero panic.

I think at the end of the 2022-23 season when our team seemed to quit against Vegas, Bones had his melt down, PLD wanted out, and Chevy had a very off brand interview I was ready for a fresh start at GM.

Then he bought out Blake, traded PLD in what turned out to be the HUGEST of bullets dodged, got Mark and Helle signed, and the team proceeded to rip off 110 points, I realized that Chevy is a guy that can get results under extreme pressure. That might have been his best stretch as our GM level results.

When McG wanted out it was just another (Kick to the nuts) tight spot and I was comfortable that Chevy would get it figured out on his time line. Who knows how it will all turn out but at this snap shot in time today it’s another tidy piece of business under duress.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Brayden Yager is the jewel of the prospect pipeline, and represents the real possibility of a top-six winger who can score and distribute the puck

The Jets have multiple forward prospects expected to be top-nine impact players. Colby Barlow, Chaz Lucius and Rutger McGroarty are projected to be middle-six players, with high probability.

I'll take the jewel with top-six potential over the high probable middle-six any day.

He will probably tell Kyle Dubas that the team is no longer a good fit.
That's great but absolutely nothing to do with my post. I said showing a poll of who their top prospect is is pointless because their system is trash minus Yager.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Zero panic.

I think at the end of the 2022-23 season when our team seemed to quit against Vegas, Bones had his melt down, PLD wanted out, and Chevy had a very off brand interview I was ready for a fresh start at GM.

Then he bought out Blake, traded PLD in what turned out to be the HUGEST of bullets dodged, got Mark and Helle signed, and the team proceeded to rip off 110 points, I realized that Chevy is a guy that can get results under extreme pressure. That might have been his best stretch as our GM level results.

When McG wanted out it was just another (Kick to the nuts) tight spot and I was comfortable that Chevy would get it figured out on his time line. Who knows how it will all turn out but at this snap shot in time today it’s another tidy piece of business under duress.
Chevy at this point has such a lay of the land that he can slow play any defensive player management situation to his advantage. In my option at least he hasn’t demonstrated the same chops from an aggressive player management position.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Hey, Rutger:

fresh-prince-dj-jazzy-jeff.gif

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
McGro will get his chance at top six... just in time for Crosby and malkin to retire... should be a solid top line of Bunting-Glass-McGro
Pens likely to miss playoffs again. Gotta think they’ll likely lose Crosby this year to FA so he can chase another cup wherever that may be.

It’ll be years of that team rebuilding before anything happens. Our boy Rutger will be on a team in a big rut trying to rebuild.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
I was texting the lady who sleeps on the Empress Street bicycle path about an hour ago and asked if she knew about this trade. She said she did, but was told by McGroarty's agent to keep quiet so he could be moved.

I asked her if he would sign in Pittsburgh, and she said that he and Dubas have an arrangement where the team name will be changed to the "Rutgers" starting next season. I asked if she was sure, and she said that she was right about Connor Hellebuyck being a goalie, so it must be true...:dunno:

You wonder how come Elliotte Friedman doesn't use her as a source...

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Pens likely to miss playoffs again. Gotta think they’ll likely lose Crosby this year to FA so he can chase another cup wherever that may be.

It’ll be years of that team rebuilding before anything happens. Our boy Rutger will be on a team in a big rut trying to rebuild.
I wish him nothing but misery for his entire pathetic career.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I like Chevy's trade specially when his team is located in Winnipeg, which is somewhat a handicap to begin with.

Now going into drafting, the team has drafted some good ones, i think the Helly one is the best one.
But since Jets came back, correct me if i'm wrong. The team only have 2 legit NHL center to show for it? Scheifele and Lowry. That doesn't look good right, 13 years in the league.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Chevy at this point has such a lay of the land that he can slow play any defensive player management situation to his advantage. In my option at least he hasn’t demonstrated the same chops from an aggressive player management position.

Can you give me a bit more detail on your last point.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Given the timing of this trade. I wonder if we were ever in on Laine?
and if McGroaty was part of the deal.

Probably not, but i guess we'll never know...

He just meant the timing of it and could have been other deals in the works with other players. Or even a deal with Laine and jiricek 😍😍. Who knows. Does kinda make you wonder.

Don Waddell was interviewed yesterday on SiriusXM NHL network and Don said there were other teams involved but the teams wanted us to take back players we weren’t interested in. Waddell said his priority was the Cap space. He said not as much for this season but he didn’t like having it on the books for the following season. He also had no interest in brining Laine back because he only wants players that want to be Blue Jackets.

His priority was the full cap dump

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Don Waddell was interviewed yesterday on SiriusXM NHL network and Don said there were other teams involved but the teams wanted us to take back players we weren’t interested in. Waddell said his priority was the Cap space. He said not as much for this season but he didn’t like having it on the books for the following season. He also had no interest in brining Laine back because he only wants players that want to be Blue Jackets.

His priority was the full cap dump

Yup, we were never seriously in on him and I'm fine with that.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm glad I was able to help you understand that someone that was traded as a cap dump wasn't holding up this trade...

Agreed, a prospect swap where neither is likely to play for the team this year has no bearing on trying to acquire a now player for the big team. Unless you think Rutger was to be a part of the trade, but given what Laine went for that looks incredibly unlikely.

Reactions: KingBogo

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I was texting the lady who sleeps on the Empress Street bicycle path about an hour ago and asked if she knew about this trade. She said she did, but was told by McGroarty's agent to keep quiet so he could be moved.

I asked her if he would sign in Pittsburgh, and she said that he and Dubas have an arrangement where the team name will be changed to the "Rutgers" starting next season. I asked if she was sure, and she said that she was right about Connor Hellebuyck being a goalie, so it must be true...:dunno:

You wonder how come Elliotte Friedman doesn't use her as a source...
Basically came down to the fact that he just prefers Amish over Hutterite.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
“We had a difficult decision to make with this trade because we hold Brayden Yager in such a high regard as a person and prospect," Penguins GM Kyle Dubas said in a statement. "After much consideration, we decided that the opportunity to add Rutger McGroarty was ultimately in the best interest of the Penguins. He possesses the combination of ability, leadership and competitiveness that the Penguins need to achieve our goals in the short and long run. We look forward to welcoming Rutger and his family to the city of Pittsburgh and the Penguins.”

Winnipeg Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff confirmed Thursday that Rutger McGroarty's agent informed him at the NHL draft combine in June that the star prospect "didn't intend to sign" with the Jets.

"That's the first inkling that we got, there was nothing that was going to come to fruition there," Cheveldayoff said. "We sat down and asked the agent why and he didn't have an answer, he didn't have a reason. ... he just said he just didn't feel right, it started in development camp where he just didn't feel right.

"I met with Rutger face to face several days later and that was the same response as well."

"We're very excited to add Brayden to the organization," Cheveldayoff said. "I think he's a very, very talented player (at) a very skilled position at centre where he can certainly make other players better around him.

"And that's kind of what we've watched and viewed throughout his draft year and obviously, in subsequent scouting situations after that. Obviously, you never know what comes up and just because you don't end up drafting a player, you don't stop keeping tabs on him."

It took Rutger to be traded to a shitty team so that he could fulfill his wish to immediately be in the lineup. Good luck in missing the playoffs for the next decade. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad