Confirmed with Link: Rutger McGroarty to Pittsburgh for Brayden Yager

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C Tugood

Not Quite Dead Yet
Jan 1, 2012
Doontoon
Ignoring value, upside, and everything else, Yager is an objectively superior hockey name. When he scores, it'll be a Yager-bomb.

View attachment 902578

Edit: I felt way prouder about this joke before I pulled up a highlight reel from his most recent season and the announcer said this like 10 seconds into the video.
Don't you worry; I logged back in to make this exact same joke.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Hopefully he stays there but seems to not have the size or skating that this org has traditionally liked in the middle.
I don't like to read this, as I was hoping we'd get come good size and speed back. Hope this Yager guy pans out.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Chevy has once again pulled off the amazing feat of creating a scrumptious chicken salad out of a pile of chicken shit.

I saw a lot of Yager in his WHL days and I was always very impressed, he certainly looked like a kid with great potential.

Is he eligible for the AHL next year or does he have to go back to the dub?

Kent C Tugood

Not Quite Dead Yet
Jan 1, 2012
Doontoon
Also while we're here:
1297505136656_ORIGINAL.jpg

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I don't like to read this, as I was hoping we'd get come good size and speed back. Hope this Yager guy pans out.

Well from what I remember he plays a very tenacious game. I wouldn't say skating is a weakness either, he just isn't a burner from what I recall.

Reactions: GNP

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Yager picked 4 spots ahead of Barlow... I wonder if the Jets liked him and were hoping for him at 18

Due to his age, I believe he's either with the Jets or back to junior where he put up 95 points in 57 games (1.66 PPG) in his D+1 season

Ehlers made the Jets in his D+2 year after putting up just under 2 PPG in the Q, but that was a Jets team in a different stage of contention

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Atta boy, Chevy. Yager is at the very least the same tier prospect as Rutger. Given the circumstances, I take this trade all day and twice on Thursdays

I doubt Yager rises to the level of expectations I had for Rutger, but Rutger may never do that either, though my expectations for him are still very high.

Yager is a high skill, high scoring, playmaking centre. Fits a need.

Reactions: hn777 and GNP

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
According to elite prospects he got a big shot and drives hard to the net. He certainly put up the points in Moose Jaw last season.

Yeah, he seems more goalscorer then playmaker but he can also make plays. Adds some different dimensions to our pool.

Young players from what I see:

Perfetti - Two way primary playmaker with secondary goal scoring
Yager - feisty goal scorer with secondary playmaking
Lambert - Fast play driving playmaker
Barlow - Big one shot triggerman
Chibrikov - Feisty goalscorer

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Might be good for him to be the de facto guy for Moose Jaw this upcoming season. Firkus and Savoie both going to the AHL/NHL this upcoming season. Of their top 5 scorers in the playoffs, 4 of them turned pro.

Reactions: hn777 and surixon

StIvany4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Pens fan coming in peace:

You will like Yager a lot, potentially even more as a person than player, and you'll like him a lot as a player

Needs another year in juniors but rounded out his game this year without losing production, has a huge shot but should put on size

If he hits all the way you win this one, Pens traded readiness + higher floor for higher ceiling (especially better shot) in my view

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Might be good for him to be the de facto guy for Moose Jaw this upcoming season. Firkus and Savoie both going to the AHL/NHL this upcoming season. Of their top 5 scorers in the playoffs, 4 of them turned pro.

I think he has a good shot at team canada as we. Did he play for them last year?

Reactions: Romang67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad