Confirmed with Link: Rutger McGroarty to Pittsburgh for Brayden Yager

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Normally not a big deal but considering the position of relative weakness that the Jets were negotiating from, it's a big score for the Jets.
That position of weakness only really applies if a player unwilling to play here only has one or two markets he's willing to go to

Otherwise, if more than one GM is in in on the bidding, Chevy is dealing from a position of stregth

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Normally not a big deal but considering the position of relative weakness that the Jets were negotiating from, it's a big score for the Jets.
If Rutger said there was only one team he'd sign with sure. But don't think that ever was the case.
it's not much different than Gauthier for Drysdale, similarly drafted prospects but 2 years apart rather than 1.

Reactions: Aries56

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Also, selfishly, gotta say:

Love these trades that make Team Canada and World Junior season a little bit more exciting with the prospect pool.

Yager and Barlow could be a ton of fun to watch this year.
I hear you on this. That was one of my first thoughts as well.

Reactions: Mooche

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Not going to lie... would love to see him penciled in as 2C to start the season while McGro plays another year in NCAA

Have to say another nice move by Chevy - thats a better return than I thought we would get - a prospect at basically the same level as McGro except also a Center

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
That position of weakness only really applies if a player unwilling to play here only has one or two markets he's willing to go to

Otherwise, if more than one GM is in in on the bidding, Chevy is dealing from a position of stregth
Depends how badly Rutger was wanted around the league, I guess... he's a solid prospect but it's hard to imagine there was a bidding war for him.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Not going to lie..:laugh:. would love to see him penciled in as 2C to start the season while McGro plays another year in NCAA

Have to say another nice move by Chevy - thats a better return than I thought we would get - a prospect at basically the same level as McGro except also a Center

That would definitively prove the existence of karma. Sweet!
:laugh:

Reactions: WolfHouse

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Not going to lie... would love to see him penciled in as 2C to start the season while McGro plays another year in NCAA

If the team won’t give ice time to Rutger, they won’t give it to a similar prospect who is even younger. Yager is a couple years out at least, and that’s okay. I assume the scouts already talked to Yager in his draft year and see a long-term fit. I trust this is a good move for everyone involved, but will feel warm and fuzzy inside if it doesn’t work out for Rutger the way he hoped.

Edit: it appears Pat Brisson is Rutger’s agent (he’s also PLD’s agent) and was responsible for this shithousery. Not surprised in the least.

Last edited:

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Love the return with Yager. Center with lots of upside.
Is he eligible for the AHL next year or does he have to go back to the dub?
Yes, hes technically eligible for AHL time and I wouldnt be opposed if he has a really good training camp and preseason.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Love the return with Yager. Center with lots of upside.

Yes, hes technically eligible for AHL time and I wouldnt be opposed if he has a really good training camp and preseason.
When does his AHL eligibility begin? I thought it was next year as he's 19 right now.

Reactions: Tasteless Beaver

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
He played his U16 year in the WHL during Covid instead of AAA/Prep
Oh, that's interesting.

I think I still lean toward sending him back to juniors, but it's a discussion worth having. Go back to try to dominate, or go to the AHL to learn what it will be like to play in a more physical league as a slightly undersized player.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
McGro will get his chance at top six... just in time for Crosby and malkin to retire... should be a solid top line of Bunting-Glass-McGro

Reactions: Hobble

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
He played his U16 year in the WHL during Covid instead of AAA/Prep
So that puts him over the "four seasons in junior" hump?

Given his size though, I wonder if moving him to the pros at this point is the right move? Or do you leave him in place as the big dog in MJ?

Reactions: GNP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad