Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
If McDavid had taken 10M or less. We'd probably won the cup or a few by now.

Drai would have probably taken 7M. We'd have $$ to not bridge Nurse and sign him to 5M x 8 years.

That would have been huge in the dead cap era.

I agree if McDavid signs 16M and Drai takes 14M. The Oilers won't be winning anything
Thats not exactly a guarantee, like at all. Probably. Cmon be real here.

Reactions: Faelko and Oilhawks

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
There was an attempt to screen by the net front driver and fly-by past Skinner did happen as intended by that net front driver. That fly by, made worse with double coverage on the same guy. That said the shot happened right before the fly by happened.

But also that said, the defensive mistake which was double coverage still happened. We can agree to disagree, but I can tell you Strudwick who played the game said this was a defensive mistake and communication mistake by Ceci/Kulak. Rushaugh agrees but thinks Ceci did his job and it’s more on Kulaks fault for not taking Reinhart.
I'm going to just end this debate as Jimmi is about to blow a fuse and McTonyBrar coming from the creepers. There's no screen. There was a massive opening on Skinner's left is why it went in.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
You aren't the first responder to suggest this but I would really like to see somebody show their work on this one.

View attachment 887515

Some of our depth players can claim their fair share of the credit for an elite penalty kill but 5v5 the Oilers were flat out bad when their stars weren't out there. McDavid and Bouchard were so insane that we almost won anyways.
I’m so glad you posted this.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I'm going to just end this debate as Jimmi is about to blow a fuse and McTonyBrar coming from the creepers. There's no screen. There was a massive opening on Skinner's left is why it went in.
Well yeh cause they think you are just wrong. Most (all?) would. Like I said though, I’m fine with agreeing to disagree if you don’t think any defensive mistake happened here. But in my view and most others, a defensive mistake happened leaving one of the best goal scorers in the League with time and space to pick his spot, and he did just that.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
I’m currently mad at Kulak for his play on the winning goal plus it lets Broberg play his natural side.
I'm more mad at Bouchard for what I think was him trying to play defence on the first goal. Kulak is a fine 5/6. Solid playoff performer, skates well, local guy. I'd keep him. The only change is to move on from Ceci and find Nurse a better partner.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Take note Calgary there is no hmming and hawing about Leon not wanting to re sign. Henrique cares less about the money at this point in his career. Brown is wanting to stay as is Foegele. This is what happens when you respect your players and show them that you are very close to a championship. All those flames fans telling us to just wait until Leon is up and wants to run as far as he can. Leon is not Ratboy or the Hobbit he doesn’t run away scared in search of greener pastures.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

We rode him hard, but he seems like he had a great experience this year, I hope he comes back.

We rode him hard. But f*** did we ever get behind him hard too. What a celly we had when he finally got off the Schneid. And yeh the team has been awesome letting him get his legs back and being patient. Plus the fanabse really appreciated how much he brought to this team outside of scoring.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Yeah, my impression of the UFA's in this availability:

Brown stays 100%
Desharnais 100% goes to market
Henrique 50/50
Foegele I think goes to market too
Agreed. Sounds like all of them would be open to coming back, but all understand the business aspect. To me it sounds like Brown will take a cheap deal to stay.

Foegele looked like he was almost in tears at the thought of leaving the team.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Brown talking like hes signed for next year

Yeah, sure sounded like it. When Bob was a bit direct with the free agency question, he looked uncomfortable for a bit with his initial response about "business and play fit" and when he settled in to the question he repeated "my heart is here".

Stranger things have happened, but I would be surprised if he doesn't sign an extension

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
74GP 4G 8A 12PTS

Okay. How much should a Brown extension realistically cost. This was my dream all season, to have Brown turn it on late season or in the playoffs. So we can average out the overpaid bonus and make the signing a win. It’s actually happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad