Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
74GP 4G 8A 12PTS

Okay. How much should a Brown extension realistically cost. This was my dream all season, to have Brown turn it on late season or in the playoffs. To keep average out the overpaid bonus. It’s actually happening.
Yeah, but he does have a higher history. I bet something like $2-2.5M over 2 yrs, give Janmark a similar deal, imo.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Sounds like Janmark wants to be back

Take this with a grain of salt as it's not first hand info, but saw someone post on Reddit that he bumped into Janmark, Ceci and Bouchard at the peelers downtown last night. Anyways idc much about what he said about how they interacted with people (apparently Ceci was aloof and in the corner or something), but to me I think Janmark feels he's so much a part of the group and he signed an extension last year before looking around much since he wanted to stay, I think it's inevitable.

He could probably make a bit more elsewhere but not sure how much another $1M for a year would be vs term and familiarity a long with a chance to go deep in the playoffs each year here. I think he lives for the playoffs. Long term would make sense

Edit: He has already made $12M which isn't exactly a whole lot for a hockey player but it's not bad for a bottom 6 guy. If he gets $1.25 x 3 then he's at $15M anyhow

Reactions: Canovin

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yeah, but he does have a higher history. I bet something like $2-2.5M over 2 yrs, give Janmark a similar deal, imo.
Yeh realistically, that’s probably around there. I was hoping for less not gonna lie, but yeh he has established top 6 production on his resume. Janny I love, but I think would have to cheaper than that.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Take this with a grain of salt as it's not first hand info, but saw someone post on Reddit that he bumped into Janmark, Ceci and Bouchard at the peelers downtown last night. Anyways idc much about what he said about how they interacted with people (apparently Ceci was aloof and in the corner or something), but to me I think Janmark feels he's so much a part of the group and he signed an extension last year before looking around much since he wanted to stay, I think it's inevitable.

He could probably make a bit more elsewhere but not sure how much another $1M for a year would be vs term and familiarity a long with a chance to go deep in the playoffs each year here. I think he lives for the playoffs. Long term would make sense
Yeah he's a playoff guy and the opportunity is great with the Oilers.

Also that story about him and his mom driving home and how amazed she was. I think he loves it in Edmonton.

Reactions: TB12 and Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Yeah he's a playoff guy and the opportunity is great with the Oilers.

Also that story about him and his mom driving home and how amazed she was. I think he loves it in Edmonton.

Forgot about the story with him and his mom. Yeah I think he loves it here too. Probably fun having another Swede making the team as well in Broberg, if that matters at all

Him and Brown are two thirds of a great bottom 6 line (preferably 4th line but good enough to get some 3rd line push too) and elite PK.

Getting them back would make filling other holes a lot easier

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
An AHL shooter and a complete question mark otherwise. You don’t play that in the playoffs. He’s not ready either. If he was he may have seen time like Broberg did.
People were saying the same thing about Broberg. He came in and babysat Nurse the whole time haha. If Lavoie plays next season and does well, people will ask why we didn't at least play him in the playoffs when he was healthy and most of the players were banged up

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
People were saying the same thing about Broberg. He came in and babysat Nurse the whole time haha. If Lavoie plays next season and does well, people will ask why we didn't at least play him in the playoffs when he was healthy and most of the players were banged up
And the Oilers who knew what they had in Broberg made that call. A good call considering how he dominated AHL competition and has the speed/size to be in the NHL. Lavoie is not that, if he was, the Oilers would have played him, they have no issues inserting black ace contributions if they feel those are viable.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Sounds to me like Foegele is well aware there isn't cap space for him in Edmonton..
Yeh. Sucks with how he finally put together a good playoff run in the finals. But for me it’s hard to ignore that it came after how many years of complete nothing on that front. Maybe what he did in the finals can be sustained moving forward, but he has consistently disappointed where I can’t believe that.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
And the Oilers who knew what they had in Broberg made that call. A good call considering how he dominated AHL competition and has the speed/size to be in the NHL. Lavoie is not that, if he was, the Oilers would have played him, they have no issues inserting black ace contributions if they feel those are viable.
With hindsight, slotting in Broberg was a good move. If he knew what they had in him, he would have played him at the start of the playoffs. No difference with Lavoie who is knocking on doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad